No Alcohol on a weekday!

Options
I'm one who likes a drink literally everyday even if it's just a beer or maybe a couple glasses of wine, but I've decided to help shift a couple extra pounds it's probably a good idea to cut out the booze on a weekday and see how much extra I can lose. Who wants to try this with me for the rest of September? :)

Replies

• CasperNaegle
    CasperNaegle Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    yeah I'm even trying to cut back on the weekend.. just too many calories. I agree though I love having a couple glasses of wine.
  • kellyj0729
    kellyj0729 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I am willing! Now that kids are back in school evenings will be busy, so I am planning to have a few drinks on Saturday night only to save on calories.
  • lani12379
    lani12379 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you. Everyday for me too just a beer or some wine. But yeah there are so many calories in alcohol. I didn't realize it until I started working out. Ugh why does everything so good have to be so bad lol.
  • kirstywillia
    kirstywillia Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    lani12379 wrote: »
    I'm right there with you. Everyday for me too just a beer or some wine. But yeah there are so many calories in alcohol. I didn't realize it until I started working out. Ugh why does everything so good have to be so bad lol.

Haha I know! My other half loves his booze so I just join in, it's so difficult to just be drinking water and that mofo gets to drink corona. I feel like crying lol. I could honest say that I'm 90% sure I've put weight on is down to alcohol rather than eating unhealthy things. I do like the odd takeaway like once a week but that's it.

Let's all motivate each other to cut out the alcohol from Mon-Fri. Going to be hard
  • coyotegrowl
    coyotegrowl Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    agreed... I'm in
  • Blbanks702
    Blbanks702 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Im in also... and i like Sangria so its super heavy on the calorie count
  • AJMB704
    AJMB704 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Me too! We love our wine and it's so easy to open a bottle while cooking. I am counting Friday as a weekend though. I will do "school nights" alcohol free IF I'm not out socializing with pals (Sunday - Thursday). Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • kirstywillia
    Options
    It racks up so many extra calories. I wouldn't like to know how many more calories I go through when I drink during the week ...and my weekend is worse, need to learn moderation haha
  • mikestobbs1
    mikestobbs1 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    No alcohol ever thanks. Straight edge for life
  • SamandaIndia
    SamandaIndia Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    MikeStubbs1 you sound like you are made of noble stuff. My family follow a drinkers, non drinker "noble" pattern so just keeping up with the family tradition here. I am one of the party generations. I enjoy social wine and beer plus stress relief just like my grandma. Up for a challenge.
  • kirstywillia
    Options
    I'm never going to cut out my alcohol completely haha eff that lol. I will however be more responsible with my choices of booze which will make a hell of a difference to my body.
  • mombod82514
    mombod82514 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Just want to stick to one night on a weekend if I can!
  • kirstywillia
    Options
    codym9958 wrote: »
    I'm in! Just want to stick to one night on a weekend if I can!

You can do it codym9958! :)
  • lg83527
    lg83527 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Me too! I love my wine, 2-3 glasses every night. So I am too trying to cut it out during the week. It's super hard, esp. after a hard day at work! But I too think it contributes to the belly fat.
  • katebear123
    katebear123 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I would love to try to do this too. I have tried before and things always seem to get in the way. My problem is i love beer, big beers with crazy gravity so the calories are upwards of 400 per. A worthwhile item to cut out.
  • kirstywillia
    Options
    I find it harder to cut out alcohol than it is to lose weight. I know if we all motivate each other to keep going we can do it. I'll be drinking on a Friday night but not on Sundays so least I won't be drinking 5 days in a row still haha.

Im 3 days in with no alcohol today and I nearly cracked! I've had the most stressful day with my kids. They have been so naughty all day and I was so tempted just to reach for a cold beer and try and chill out but I thought no I'm going to make it till Friday and probably enjoy it more lol.
  • AJMB704
    Options
    I was good yesterday! No alcohol. I bought little cans of Perrier sparkling water to drink at home instead of wine at night.
  • kirstywillia
    Options
    Well done @anna418!! :D:D<3
  • AJMB704
    Options
    How is everyone doing?! No alcohol since Monday (Labor Day in the US). Will stay alcohol free tonight and then I will have a well-deserved glass of champagne tomorrow
  • coyotegrowl
    coyotegrowl Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    sorry I had a rough day yesterday and indulged... back in the saddle again... no alcohol work nights to start... and adjust my food intake to allow for it on weekends... adjustments will be made as time goes by