No Alcohol on a weekday!

Options

Replies

• TALISMAN547
    TALISMAN547 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I find when I am in UK I have no problem keeping to the no alcohol during the week but we have a house in France + spend a month at a time here it can be hard I really want to to keep up the no alcohol during the week!
  • karri_lyn
    karri_lyn Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm in..! Says the woman holding a wine glass in her pic.. For reals though, I want to keep it to Sat and that's it.. #goals
  • AJMB704
    AJMB704 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was my first "school night" of the week (I had Monday and Tuesday off for a vacation) so I didn't have anything to drink last night. I sleep so much better without it and I feel better too. How is everyone else doing?
  • kirstywillia
    kirstywillia Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I did have a single shot of rum on the rocks on Monday but I needed it! Stressed was an understatement. Apart from that I'm doing good! Cutting it out completely till the 1st of October as I'm trying to lose a few extra pounds and know if I drink any alcohol I won't reach my goal.

I may even just cut it out altogether apart from either a Friday or Saturday.... If I'm strong enough lol.
  • AJMB704
    Options
    Yes, I am considering cutting it out except Friday and Saturday but so far the no drinks without socializing rule has worked really well. We don't see anyone during the week! Haha.
  • kirstywillia
    Options
    Haha! Keep it up Anna you trooper!
  • runningforthetrain
    runningforthetrain Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    This is a tough one for me. I will try to cut back. I am shorter, older, and damn those "empty" cals in alcohol. I love my cocktails :((( boo .... And I know all about vodka with soda water- I even prefer that or straight up patron but, still ##s.
  • elizabethymartin
    elizabethymartin Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    This is a tough one for me. I will try to cut back. I am shorter, older, and damn those "empty" cals in alcohol. I love my cocktails :((( boo .... And I know all about vodka with soda water- I even prefer that or straight up patron but, still ##s.

I hear ya
  • elizabethymartin
    elizabethymartin Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I have gone from daily hard drinker to two drinks on the w/ e two weeks in a row. It sucks!! But I do sleep better. And lose weight.
  • lapeaches58
    lapeaches58 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Cutting out wine during the week is def. part of my program for the next few weeks at least
  • kirstywillia
    Options
    Keep it up guys! You're all doing amazing! ❤
  • TriniDiva_PA
    TriniDiva_PA Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I love my alcohol, but I love a healthier lifestyle even more so, I'm stepping up to the challenge & saying, "No Alcohol on a Weekday." After what seemed like an eternity, we somehow got through 3rd & 5th grade homework and our nightly routine last night, without incident AND without alcohol. Hoping for the same miracle tonight. I/we can do this. I just have to keep reminding myself that the calories accumulated between Sunday and Thursday are not worth it. I will sleep better and I will feel better in the morning. I can still have a glass (or 2) of wine on the wkends. The 10 lbs. I hope to lose doing the Lose 10 lbs. by Halloween Challenge, will be worth the nighty sacrifice :)
  • staylorim
    staylorim Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Count me in guys. Although I love my end-of-day glass of wine, I'll love the benefits of not having it even better. I'll save a the fun for Friday and Saturday night. I'm also in the 10 lbs by Halloween Challenge so hopefully this will help. Always looking for friends!
  • kirstywillia
    Options
    I'm also in the 10lb by Halloween challenge :) . I think by cutting out all those calories we go through by drinking alcohol we will definitely see the scales go down that little extra.
  • AJMB704
    Options
    Good work everyone! Honestly, for me it has gotten SOOOOO much easier than it was the first week. The first week was the hardest for sure, and I thought I couldn't do it. I was just telling my husband last night how much I'm actually enjoying (!) the challenge of not drinking during the week and how much better I feel about myself AND in general. I sleep amazing and I love not feeling foggy in the morning. I just feel good. I'm a pretty cheap date on the weekends now, haha.
  • runningforthetrain
    Options
    Ok so tonight- weeknight- I had two glasses of cabernet at a social event. Can I switch one weekend day off for this? I hate to be a bad influence but, I am at least communicating. I enjoy the wine with food so much....
  • susan1954080
    susan1954080 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I like a drink every night when I get in from work at 10pm so yes I need to cut out week days will be hard,but I'm in.
  • kirstywillia
    Options
    Ok so tonight- weeknight- I had two glasses of cabernet at a social event. Can I switch one weekend day off for this? I hate to be a bad influence but, I am at least communicating. I enjoy the wine with food so much....

There are no strict rules to not drink Monday to Friday sweetie, do what you're comfortable with :). As long as you know yourself that your putting in the efforts to drink a little less than you used to then your doing great ❤

• runningforthetrain
    Options
    Awe- you are so sweet! Thank you :smiley:

There are no strict rules to not drink Monday to Friday sweetie, do what you're comfortable with :). As long as you know yourself that your putting in the efforts to drink a little less than you used to then your doing great ❤

• AJMB704
    Options
    Tonight is a happy hour with friends who like to drink. A lot. Am nervous I'll go off the rails (which for me is 3-4 drinks). Need to be careful and mindful of my consumption and drink water in between. I am planning to workout Saturday and Sunday and don't want to be hungover!