No Alcohol on a weekday!

Options

Replies

• janenightingale
    janenightingale Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I have told myself that I can have a glass of wine if I still want one at 8.30pm. By the time I get there, it's only half an hour to bedtime (I get up at stupid o'clock, 4.45am) and it hardly seems worth it, so I don't bother.Even though, this week, I've had a bottle of my favourite wine in the fridge!. At the weekends, it's different, but still trying to attempt moderation here too.
  • musenchild
    musenchild Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I have been trying to cut alcohol on weekdays for months. Every week I say THIS WILL BE THE WEEK, but I cave partway through.

This week I drank on Sunday, but until today so far so good. I'm in to be held accountable.
  • kirstywillia
    kirstywillia Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Keep it going @musenchild . The first week is usually the hardest <3
  • emejohnston
    emejohnston Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I've been wanting to do this for a while now. I think cutting out all the extra calories and sugar will make a big difference!
  • Jessbartell
    Jessbartell Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Argh, i know i need to do this. I've been considering this and you guys are inspiring me to actually take the leap...but it'll have to be tomorrow because I'm already drinking a beer ;) *warning, excuse is about to be made* i have a super stressful job that i invest about 50 hrs a week into. I also have 3 tiny humans, so by the time work/practices/dinner/homework are done, i can't WAIT to turn off my buzzing brain with beer/wine/vodka. I know it'll get easier with time, but what tricks help in the beginning?

I'd like to say there was a trick to help hun but with me it was just to persevere. I did drink water in a wine glass at the beginning and it did kind of help but I wouldn't class it as a trick haha. It's hard breaking a habit that you've done for years but just take each day as it comes.

Thank you. I talked withthe hubs last night and he's in! We're doing it, starting today. Old habits die hard but here we go. ..
  • musenchild
    musenchild Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    @Jessbartell sometimes it helps me to have some flavored sparkling water around. It gives me that same feeling of sipping on something special, going to get another, etc. Obviously it doesn't always work, but...
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    You guys are doing great!
  • _Bropollo_
    _Bropollo_ Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I just kept drinking water instead. Would get myself so full I couldn't drink the booze. It can be pretty hard to stop once you start using alcohol as the "after work stress reliever". Not sure if that is your case or not though.

I still drink on the weekends sometimes, but I make it a point to not drink during the week. Best of luck OP.
  • Jessbartell
    Options
    musenchild wrote: »
    @Jessbartell sometimes it helps me to have some flavored sparkling water around. It gives me that same feeling of sipping on something special, going to get another, etc. Obviously it doesn't always work, but...

Great idea, thanks! I gave up artifical sweetener about 6 mo ago, but after reading this found some non-flavored sparkling water that isn't sweetened. That will totally help, i often reach for beer for the "bubbles". Loving the ideas and accountability here....thanks again!
  • Jessbartell
    Options
    musenchild wrote: »
    I have been trying to cut alcohol on weekdays for months. Every week I say THIS WILL BE THE WEEK, but I cave partway through.

This week I drank on Sunday, but until today so far so good. I'm in to be held accountable.

Don't cave, you can do it!!!!!!!
  • AJMB704
    AJMB704 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I had ONE glass of wine tonight. Pretty good considering I usually drink quite a bit when my in-laws are here. It was actually much harder to stick to one rather than stick to zero. But I did it! I am so glad tomorrow isn't a school night though! Hahaha
  • kirstywillia
    Options
    anna418 wrote: »
    I had ONE glass of wine tonight. Pretty good considering I usually drink quite a bit when my in-laws are here. It was actually much harder to stick to one rather than stick to zero. But I did it! I am so glad tomorrow isn't a school night though! Hahaha

Lol! I actually forgot I'm aloud drink tonight haha! But now I don't even know if I actually fancy drinking. I'll see how I feel later but with the way things are going I'm happy keeping to my water..... Never thought I'd say that in my life
  • SamandaIndia
    SamandaIndia Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    Great 2 weeks. Zero count. Event tonight. 2 glasses of white wine. Low calorie day and I feel the calories and odd head spins have me thinking none is easier
  • kirstywillia
    Options
    I had 2 rum and Cokes today... I'm not even bothered. Totally worth it haha. Going to be working them calories off at the gym tomorrow!
  • AJMB704
    AJMB704 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Oof, feeling like crap today. I had 3 glasses of wine last night and slept horribly. I feel puffy and gross. Not worth it! Yuck.
  • eniemann13
    eniemann13 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    It racks up so many extra calories. I wouldn't like to know how many more calories I go through when I drink during the week ...and my weekend is worse, need to learn moderation haha

• eniemann13
    eniemann13 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely in. I have recently gained about 6 lbs without changing what I eat, but I have been drinking wine or beer several nights a week. I have a lot of alcoholism in my family too, so I know it will be a good thing for me to quit drinking .
  • 4homer
    4homer Posts: 457 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
  • allysar
    allysar Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I will work on this, too. I could easily have a drink or two everyday but since restarting MFP I have shut it down to only on "date night" or when a special occasion means getting together with friends. I am a nurse so I work weird days to saying only on weekends doesn't really work for me but keeping it to a special night each week or so is huge for me. I work nights and my guilty pleasure was a glass of wine every morning with my bubble bath, lol.
  • for_ever_young66
    for_ever_young66 Posts: 2,881 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    This might sound kinda goofy but it has worked for me. I bought a bunch of lemons and in the past, before I settled in for the night, I would have the old nightcap which would result in multiple drinks. There's something about these lemons that have helped curb my appetite for not only alcohol but also for food. I drink lemon water and also put it in my herbal tea before going to bed and it works. Plus it has a lot of vitamin C as well as other properties that help promote weight loss and it's a powerful ant-oxidant. Just a suggestion.