No Alcohol on a weekday!

Options

Replies

• Wiz_Joe
    Wiz_Joe Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Certain weeks it's almost hitting that daily basis, sometimes all it took is a taste for normal functioning. This weekend I found a good reason not to sip any. Good luck to you for trying to regulate your intake, I hope october is got some pretty good sacrifices to make. :)
  • leighf1963
    leighf1963 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm one who likes a drink literally everyday even if it's just a beer or maybe a couple glasses of wine, but I've decided to help shift a couple extra pounds it's probably a good idea to cut out the booze on a weekday and see how much extra I can lose. Who wants to try this with me for the rest of September? :)

• AJMB704
    AJMB704 Posts: 590 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    I went to the wedding pre-party tonight and stuck to water due to my cold. At around 10 pm while the party was in full force I decided to ask for a small glass of Cabernet - it's Friday and I deserve it! And also everyone else was drinking too...Well, I don't know if it's my cold or if it's the wine, but it tasted AWFUL. I had 3 sips and ended up leaving it at the bar. And this was an open bar party!

I ended up driving my friends home. The couple I rode with clearly hadn't coordinated on who would drive and I was NOT about to get in the car with a drunk driver. So it worked out well for all of us in the end.

I feel like my mindset has changed since starting this challenge. Almost like I had a drinker's mindset of sorts, previously? Like yeah, let's keep drinking, it's fun! More drinks! Everyone drink! Why aren't you drinking?! And at the party tonight watching everyone drink heavily I was like...no. This does not look fun. But I had a great time without alcohol! I still enjoyed myself and I know I didn't end up saying anything stupid or something I would regret. Didn't make an a** of myself. Will wake up tomorrow morning bright-eyed and hydrated from all my sparkling water I was drinking. This challenge is really making me rethink my relationship with alcohol and I am SO grateful for it.
  • runningforthetrain
    runningforthetrain Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    anna418 wrote: »
    I went to the wedding pre-party tonight and stuck to water due to my cold. At around 10 pm while the party was in full force I decided to ask for a small glass of Cabernet - it's Friday and I deserve it! And also everyone else was drinking too...Well, I don't know if it's my cold or if it's the wine, but it tasted AWFUL. I had 3 sips and ended up leaving it at the bar. And this was an open bar party!

I ended up driving my friends home. The couple I rode with clearly hadn't coordinated on who would drive and I was NOT about to get in the car with a drunk driver. So it worked out well for all of us in the end.

I feel like my mindset has changed since starting this challenge. Almost like I had a drinker's mindset of sorts, previously? Like yeah, let's keep drinking, it's fun! More drinks! Everyone drink! Why aren't you drinking?! And at the party tonight watching everyone drink heavily I was like...no. This does not look fun. But I had a great time without alcohol! I still enjoyed myself and I know I didn't end up saying anything stupid or something I would regret. Didn't make an a** of myself. Will wake up tomorrow morning bright-eyed and hydrated from all my sparkling water I was drinking. This challenge is really making me rethink my relationship with alcohol and I am SO grateful for it.

Me too. This thread has proved to have a different outcome on me than I expected. I had a medium rare burger last night and it was torture not to have a glass of cab with it. But, I waited it out, and since I have been so frustrated with my loss, it was nice not to have those empty cals to log. I never was a big drinker- except in my early twenties but, 4 or 5 drinks a week is at least 400- to 700 empty cals-- it adds up. I also think the fatigue from drinking I am noticing more.
  • elizabethymartin
    elizabethymartin Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I want to agree. And in a very big way, I do. But also feel like I'm talking bad about my bestie. Which is a little effd up I know. I'm almost there. Vodkas a tricky girl
  • runningforthetrain
    runningforthetrain Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    All that went out the window this evening, dinner with the mother-in-law Lol- So I had a spicy pacific- vodka, passion fruit, and jalepeno.... I needed it. Tomorrow I'll abstain and I am already committed to a long walk. Anyway, back on the wagon tomorrow :/
  • elizabethymartin
    Options
    All that went out the window this evening, dinner with the mother-in-law Lol- So I had a spicy pacific- vodka, passion fruit, and jalepeno.... I needed it. Tomorrow I'll abstain and I am already committed to a long walk. Anyway, back on the wagon tomorrow :/
    Lol I said something similar in my status today too!! Stupid wagon! Lol...at least u stopped at one martini...I've had beyond several this w/e...oh well, I can't be all good all of the time!
  • saladcrunchy
    saladcrunchy Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    Lol I said something similar in my status today too!! Stupid wagon! Lol...at least u stopped at one martini...I've had beyond several this w/e...oh well, I can't be all good all of the time!

lol

dlwrr7kkate5.jpg

• jmazlow694
    jmazlow694 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I would like to not Drink during the week then start cutting back from there but it's hard since my husband drinks. He drinks during the week a lot and he's skinny already and is not worried about losing weight or being healthy. It makes it very difficult for me to abstain during the week . I'm hoping since I'm starting to work out again this will help keep me motivated to not drink during the week.....
  • looney9708
    looney9708 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    jmazlow694 wrote: »
    I would like to not Drink during the week then start cutting back from there but it's hard since my husband drinks. He drinks during the week a lot and he's skinny already and is not worried about losing weight or being healthy. It makes it very difficult for me to abstain during the week . I'm hoping since I'm starting to work out again this will help keep me motivated to not drink during the week.....

I'm in the same boat. But in July I just decided it was only temporary and would help me achieve my weight goals. It's made a huge difference. I will save a protein shake for that time so I have something besides water to drink. Hang in there. It's only temporary.
  • mbday630
    mbday630 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    This is what I am trying too - no drinking at all. There are days that are stressful but I keep thinking about all the calories in drinks. My hardest time to not have a beer or a drink is when we are out having fun. Things just don't seem as fun without a drink.
  • AJMB704
    Options
    Wasn't AF yesterday, had a mimosa at the wedding brunch. Argh. It was totally unnecessary. Back to it today.
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    I did BAD Friday and Saturday with drinking. Bad food choices as well. But I did not have any liquor Sunday which helped me to get up and go to Bootcamp this morning. So it's a start. Baby steps.
  • swwass130
    swwass130 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I went away for a girl's golf weekend, lots of wine in the evenings, but none during the day, (that is a change for me). Sunday was wine free and controlled eating Yea me. I had a great workout this morning, Monday, and logging food so far today. All positive things until I saw a picture of me posted on Facebook from this weekend. Oh boy do I have a long way to go. I guess it is motivating me even more. No wine tonight
  • AJMB704
    Options
    swwass130 wrote: »
    I went away for a girl's golf weekend, lots of wine in the evenings, but none during the day, (that is a change for me). Sunday was wine free and controlled eating Yea me. I had a great workout this morning, Monday, and logging food so far today. All positive things until I saw a picture of me posted on Facebook from this weekend. Oh boy do I have a long way to go. I guess it is motivating me even more. No wine tonight

Great work! At the bridal suite on Saturday there was tons of beer, wine, champagne and I didn't have any of it. Definitely a change for me as well. Stuck to my beloved sparkling water.
  • dbanks80
    Options
    @swwass130 Great job!
    @anna418 Excellent that you had None! Great job!
  • SpecialKH
    SpecialKH Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I count all of my alcohol calories and measure it, too. But I have a high tolerance and can drink a bottle of wine between 6 and 10pm and never know it! I'm not drinking to get a buzz, but it's like my body doesn't get buzzed so I don't get a signal to slow down. So easy to have a glass of wine while cooking, one during dinner, one after dinner and then why save one glass worth in the bottle? Have a nightcap! LOL

I do find my resting HR is better when I don't drink the night before but I think that's related to hydration. Anyway, I have a whole MFP Category for alcohol. Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Snack (if I have one at any point) and Alcohol. I wish I didn't like it all! I love to pair different drinks with different foods. Margaritas (made with lime juice and stevia) with Mexican foods, red wine with heavier Italian or chocolate, white wine with white fish... gah so hard.
  • swwass130
    swwass130 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    It is a struggle everyday, especially in the evening. Around 6:00 pm I start thinking about that first glass. Not today. Love the support here. Off to work and my normal AF day
  • dbanks80
    Options
    SpecialKH wrote: »
    I count all of my alcohol calories and measure it, too. But I have a high tolerance and can drink a bottle of wine between 6 and 10pm and never know it! I'm not drinking to get a buzz, but it's like my body doesn't get buzzed so I don't get a signal to slow down. So easy to have a glass of wine while cooking, one during dinner, one after dinner and then why save one glass worth in the bottle? Have a nightcap! LOL

I do find my resting HR is better when I don't drink the night before but I think that's related to hydration. Anyway, I have a whole MFP Category for alcohol. Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Snack (if I have one at any point) and Alcohol. I wish I didn't like it all! I love to pair different drinks with different foods. Margaritas (made with lime juice and stevia) with Mexican foods, red wine with heavier Italian or chocolate, white wine with white fish... gah so hard.

I am so laughing because the food pairing is so me. I have to have beer with pizza and wings. Wine (red or white depending on what I'm eating) with other foods Italian, steaks, seafood etc...
  • elizabethymartin
    Options
    SpecialKH wrote: »

I love to pair different drinks with different foods. Margaritas (made with lime juice and stevia) with Mexican foods, red wine with heavier Italian or chocolate, white wine with white fish... gah so hard.

I too am not "a cheap date" as my mother would say. And I am just learning how to taste a food for it's taste rather than it's taste in comparison / paired w/ a drink. I've always drank my calories alcoholic and non, I could never understand why pizza if no beer? Why pb & j if no milk? Now I eat none of those things and drink water. I'm working on it.