No Alcohol on a weekday!

Options

Replies

• louiseb1295
    louiseb1295 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm one who likes a drink literally everyday even if it's just a beer or maybe a couple glasses of wine, but I've decided to help shift a couple extra pounds it's probably a good idea to cut out the booze on a weekday and see how much extra I can lose. Who wants to try this with me for the rest of September? :)

• louiseb1295
    louiseb1295 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Yes please!
  • runningforthetrain
    runningforthetrain Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    Had 1 vodka soda water last night- and it fit into my cals.
  • elizabethymartin
    elizabethymartin Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Well my no drinking is going to be lasting 9 months now haha.
    Wow! Awesome!! Lil blue haired baby ;)
  • elizabethymartin
    Options
    Hope you get some rest. And hope the situation calms down a bit. I find deep breathing exercises and regular yoga really help with stress. Old habits are hard to break. My husband does not enjoy drinking, so I have an advantage there. Take care of yourself ((hugs))
    Thank you so much rftt! Ive rested. Which required some naps but I'm ok w/ it. Jealous of ur vodka soda but vodka is like a lays potato chip to me, I can't stop at one.
    And side note my dieting drinkers skinny girl margaritas are bull!! They are a mixed drink w/ a low cal count- PER OUNCE AND A HALF. now I know u all are w/ me on this, no one wants a watered down mixed drink 11%alc SHOT.
    Jus sayin so u don't get fooled like I did. Stick w/ vodka sodas. More bang for ur cal.
  • Happylion
    Happylion Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    ready4_50 wrote: »
    This might sound kinda goofy but it has worked for me. I bought a bunch of lemons and in the past, before I settled in for the night, I would have the old nightcap which would result in multiple drinks. There's something about these lemons that have helped curb my appetite for not only alcohol but also for food. I drink lemon water and also put it in my herbal tea before going to bed and it works. Plus it has a lot of vitamin C as well as other properties that help promote weight loss and it's a powerful ant-oxidant. Just a suggestion.

• Happylion
    Options
    Great tip there, I know all the benefits of lemon water but was never keen on the taste. I prefer lime but not sure whether it's as good as lemon. I'm with all of you on the no drinking on weekdays, it saves so many calories, I had got into such a habit of having 2 maybe 3 glasses of wine in the evenings and as another poster said earlier that would also lead to snacking on cheese or nuts or whatever - all that combined with TV and couch... No wonder I gained 20lbs!!
  • kirstywillia
    kirstywillia Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Well my no drinking is going to be lasting 9 months now haha.
    Wow! Awesome!! Lil blue haired baby ;)

Hahaha! That would be pretty amazing!
  • Happylion
    edited October 2015
    Options
    It's so hard to just have one isn't it though Kirsty? I nearly find it easier to not have any! This is my first week back to MFP after about 6 months of lazy eating and drinking. I really need to shift 20lbs and not drinking definitely helps. Great to have a thread I can relate to!
  • TiffanyBeckett
    TiffanyBeckett Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I am a daiquiri fan! There's no telling how many calories they are! And Miller lite is my beer! I have definitely cut back since working out! But miss my drinks! Lol
  • AJMB704
    AJMB704 Posts: 590 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Welcome to the first day of October! Ran to the store for more sparkling water today. So far I'm alcohol free this month...!
  • makinchange
    makinchange Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Count me in for this challenge! I implemented "no drinks Sunday-Thursday" this week, and found this group just tonight. I too have a partner who loves his beer! The extra support and words of encouragement I read here are so motivating. I'm really hoping the first week is the hardest and it gets easier from here on!
  • elizabethymartin
    Options
    Count me in for this challenge! I implemented "no drinks Sunday-Thursday" this week, and found this group just tonight. I too have a partner who loves his beer! The extra support and words of encouragement I read here are so motivating. I'm really hoping the first week is the hardest and it gets easier from here on!

It does... Cuz u will notice you feel better. Give it a cpl weeks :)

• kirstywillia
    Options
    I agree that the first week is hardest! If I didn't start this thread I'd be upset that I can't drink for 9 months but I'm actually not that fussed this time round haha. I missed it so much when I was pregnant with my other 2 kiddies. Bring on this pregnancy!! Lol
  • elizabethymartin
    Options
    I agree that the first week is hardest! If I didn't start this thread I'd be upset that I can't drink for 9 months but I'm actually not that fussed this time round haha. I missed it so much when I was pregnant with my other 2 kiddies. Bring on this pregnancy!! Lol
    This is ur third kid?!? I know it's just a thumbnail but you look so young! That's a compliment. I mean u look great for being a mom to two. Maybe I'll dye my hair..... Lol
  • AJMB704
    AJMB704 Posts: 590 Member
    Options

Yes, the first week or 2 really IS the hardest. After that you're like, holy cow I feel SO much better, I sleep awesome, why did I wait to cut this out during the week?

My own personal rule to make it a bit easier is "school nights" (Sunday - Thursday) IF we aren't socializing with others. So if I go to happy hour with a friend I'll allow myself a drink. So far I've only done that once or twice in September. Gone off the rails most weekends though...focusing on that next.
  • kirstywillia
    Options
    Haha yes I'm 26. First kid at 21, 2nd at 24 and I'll still me 26 with my 3rd. No more after this lol. We don't get any Sun in England so the crap weather has kept my youth lmao.
  • elizabethymartin
    Options
    anna418 wrote: »

Yes, the first week or 2 really IS the hardest. After that you're like, holy cow I feel SO much better, I sleep awesome, why did I wait to cut this out during the week?

My own personal rule to make it a bit easier is "school nights" (Sunday - Thursday) IF we aren't socializing with others. So if I go to happy hour with a friend I'll allow myself a drink. So far I've only done that once or twice in September. Gone off the rails most weekends though...focusing on that next.

Here's to going off the rails right now. Happy Friday!! See u Monday.
  • elizabethymartin
    Options
    anna418 wrote: »

Here's to going off the rails right now. Happy Friday!! See u Monday.
  • TheArchyBunker
    TheArchyBunker Posts: 1,967 Member
    Options
    This... this ... this is.. MADNESS!!

Nah I gotta cut back too... blah! Going to be laid off for for 6 weeks due to a surgery can't imagine my beer love doing me much good if I can't work or workout for 6 whole freaking weeks...