Unfit bosses

Options
1235»

Replies

• SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    The replies in this thread are hilarious! To clarify, my bosses are women who are around 8-13 years older than me. We all live in the same city so their offer of riding home (and not from home to work) is very convenient as our city is very far from the office. I normally go to work through public transportation, so I only agree out of convenience. Yesterday was definitely a weather issue. And they only decide to eat somewhere when we are already in the car (really spur of the moment!). I know I can simply reject joining them, but since I'm new to the job, I'm also trying to create and have a decent, friendly relationship with them. Since we're only three, and the bosses offer drinks and food to share, it is very difficult not to have what they're having. I once tried to just order water for drinks, but out of a jokingly manner of pressure from one of them, I ended up having their drinks too. It's normally dinner time and I'm quite hungry too, but my issue here is the choice of food and the unnecessary drinking.

I'm glad you got a kick out of some of the replies, you must have a very good sense of humor. :D

That said, if they're nice people they will understand when you say no, you don't want to eat and drink. If they don't, then they're not worth working for/with.
  • gaelicstorm26
    gaelicstorm26 Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Damn.

Am I the only one who is a little bit jealous of bosses taking employees out for dinner? I would love mine to just respond to my emails or know how to pronounce my last name.
  • gaelicstorm26
    gaelicstorm26 Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Damn.

Am I the only one who is a little bit jealous of bosses taking employees out for dinner? I would love mine to just respond to my emails or know how to pronounce my last name.

Ummmm.....if you didn't notice, you're a dog. No pets allowed.

:(

What if I pretend to be a service dog?
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,092 Member
    Options
    Damn.

I didn't read it as the bosses taking her out to dinner - as in paying for her dinner- just stopping somewhere on the way home and everyone buys their own.

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Damn.

I didn't read it as the bosses taking her out to dinner - as in paying for her dinner- just stopping somewhere on the way home and everyone buys their own.

In that case, it should be really easy for OP to order exactly what she wants. I travel a lot for work and I eat with my bosses frequently. They don't care what I order for dinner. I pick out something tasty that meets my goals and that's the end of it.