Just started counting and I'm putting on weight!?

Options

Replies

• emhunter
    emhunter Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    maidentl wrote: »
    emhunter wrote: »
    Or what you are eating now is low cal but too hard for your body to break down so you are holding on to the food and putting on weight.

How does that work?

For example, eating carbs or red meat is really hard for me to break down. So I have to eat salads with light dressings or juice. Or broth soups. If I have a turkey sub on wheat and say bacon egg cheese bowl even though that's a relatively low cal day, it's still not going to result in a loss for me. I'm just giving you examples. Does that make sense?

No, not at all. Your body uses calories in to determine how much weight you lose/gain. It doesn't matter where they come from.

That's not true for everyone. How can you say that you KNOW that everyone and every body processes the same? You can't. You are assuming. What works for some doesn't work for others.

I know because science.

Lol and you're a proven scientist? I doubt it. Because science would also tell you that there are certain medical conditions where the norm for many doesn't apply. But you didn't know that because you're not a scientist
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    Or what you are eating now is low cal but too hard for your body to break down so you are holding on to the food and putting on weight.

How does that work?

For example, eating carbs or red meat is really hard for me to break down. So I have to eat salads with light dressings or juice. Or broth soups. If I have a turkey sub on wheat and say bacon egg cheese bowl even though that's a relatively low cal day, it's still not going to result in a loss for me. I'm just giving you examples. Does that make sense?

No, not at all. Your body uses calories in to determine how much weight you lose/gain. It doesn't matter where they come from.

That's not true for everyone. How can you say that you KNOW that everyone and every body processes the same? You can't. You are assuming. What works for some doesn't work for others.

I know because science.

Lol and you're a proven scientist? I doubt it. Because science would also tell you that there are certain medical conditions where the norm for many doesn't apply. But you didn't know that because you're not a scientist

No sweetie. I'm not a scientist but I still know that gravity exists, even if I can't explain to you exactly how it works. No matter what the medical condition it's still calories in versus calories out. A medical condition might affect the calories out portion, but the equation still applies.
  • emhunter
    Options

How does that work?

I know because science.

No sweetie. I'm not a scientist but I still know that gravity exists, even if I can't explain to you exactly how it works. No matter what the medical condition it's still calories in versus calories out. A medical condition might affect the calories out portion, but the equation still applies.

Nope honey...I know you're wrong again. Do some research and don't assume and then you will see you don't know what you are talking about.

I have a dietician, doctor, food scale, trainer, and work out 5-6 times a week. I eat like a bird. Doesn't change the scale. Doctors with degrees see that.

You are misinformed. Glad you learned about Gravity but you are clearly not fully informed about weight loss.

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    frjoy8837pp7.jpeg

How does that work?
    [/quote]

For example, eating carbs or red meat is really hard for me to break down. So I have to eat salads with light dressings or juice. Or broth soups. If I have a turkey sub on wheat and say bacon egg cheese bowl even though that's a relatively low cal day, it's still not going to result in a loss for me. I'm just giving you examples. Does that make sense?[/quote]

No, not at all. Your body uses calories in to determine how much weight you lose/gain. It doesn't matter where they come from.[/quote]

[/quote]

I know because science. [/quote]

Lol and you're a proven scientist? I doubt it. Because science would also tell you that there are certain medical conditions where the norm for many doesn't apply. But you didn't know that because you're not a scientist [/quote]

[/quote]

Nope honey...I know you're wrong again. Do some research and don't assume and then you will see you don't know what you are talking about.

I have a dietician, doctor, food scale, trainer, and work out 5-6 times a week. I eat like a bird. Doesn't change the scale. Doctors with degrees see that.

You are misinformed. Glad you learned about Gravity but you are clearly not fully informed about weight loss.

[/quote]

• maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options

How does that work?

I know because science.

If this is true for you, you are one in a million. This is not the norm and your advice should not be applied to anyone else because 99.9% of people don't have your special medical condition.

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options

Doctors with degrees told you that you were an exception to how energy works for everyone else? What condition is that exactly?

• emhunter
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    o1og1hd1lnm0.jpeg

How does that work?

I know because science.

Science includes what I believe. You should probably mind your own business...
  • emhunter
    Options

How does that work?

I know because science.

If this is true for you, you are one in a million. This is not the norm and your advice should not be applied to anyone else because 99.9% of people don't have your special medical condition.

I originally only responded to you because I didn't realize you were not the original poster. She was asking for help initially so I gave her another option. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. In any event, PCOS is a medical condition that plagues many women and if she has that, these women face the struggle im filling the original poster on.
  • emhunter
    Options

Doctors with degrees told you that you were an exception to how energy works for everyone else? What condition is that exactly?

Doctors agree that people with PCOS don't process carbs and sugar like the "average" person. Accordingly it throws your hormones and body off if you eat them. Maybe the average person can get away with eating all carbs and sugar and still losing but someone with PCOS it causes havoc. Even if you only ate 1000 calories for the day and completed a hardcore workout. You should research it before you tell people that have spent THOUSANDS of dollars researching it. Living it. Working with educated professionals. It's ENTIRELY possible that you have a limited understanding of how the body works. There always exceptions to a rule.
  • emhunter
    Options
    Original poster, I hope you get that scale to move. If you find it still does not, shoot me a message. I'd love to fill you in. There are also many support groups on here for people that struggle with this.
  • Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

I have a dietician, doctor, food scale, trainer, and work out 5-6 times a week. I eat like a bird. Doesn't change the scale.

In another thread you said you had a dietician, doctor, and trainer. You also said the scale didn't budge for months. Now here you're saying you still have the dietician, doctor, and trainer. Honestly, follow your own advice and get a new doctor, dietician, and trainer because if everything you're typing is true then you're dealing with people who are really bad at their line of work and it would be insane to keep working with them if you've seen no progress.
  • queenliz99
    Options
    o1og1hd1lnm0.jpeg

How does that work?

I know because science.

Guess what honey, this is a community forum and I am here to dispel untruths.

s251vfspbowc.jpeg
  • emhunter
    Options
    synacious wrote: »
    The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

I have a dietician, doctor, food scale, trainer, and work out 5-6 times a week. I eat like a bird. Doesn't change the scale.

In another thread you said you had a dietician, doctor, and trainer. You also said the scale didn't budge for months. Now here you're saying you still have the dietician, doctor, and trainer. Honestly, follow your own advice and get a new doctor, dietician, and trainer because if everything you're typing is true then you're dealing with people who are really bad at their line of work and it would be insane to keep working with them if you've seen no progress.

Ma'am...have/had. Lol you think you caught me in something? I did all those things but I don't do the exact same thing anymore nor with the same doctors after I saw that some things didn't work. So I still have doctors and all those professionals to monitor my health. Thus HAVE doctors. I HAD a different team of docs in the past when I watched the scale not move for a year.

I have been logging for years. I've tried things for months seen it didn't work then switched my routine. In addition I never said I saw no results. I have at times. At long periods I have seen cals in vs calories not work. I've gone a year with no scale movement while doing everything various professionals told me.
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options

Doctors agree that people with PCOS don't process carbs and sugar like the "average" person. Accordingly it throws your hormones and body off if you eat them. Maybe the average person can get away with eating all carbs and sugar and still losing but someone with PCOS it causes havoc. Even if you only ate 1000 calories for the day and completed a hardcore workout. You should research it before you tell people that have spent THOUSANDS of dollars researching it. Living it. Working with educated professionals. It's ENTIRELY possible that you have a limited understanding of how the body works. There always exceptions to a rule.

I must be a special snowflake with PCOS then, because my endo instructed me to change NOTHING about how I was going about losing weight (hint, I weigh all my food and stick to a caloric deficit). I live it every single day, and I'm no exception to science.
  • emhunter
    Options
    o1og1hd1lnm0.jpeg

How does that work?

I know because science.

s251vfspbowc.jpeg
    Hahahahahaha and you are the God of truth huh? Did you google PCOS? Did you get your info from Wikipedia? You know those are very reputable sources. You can't even put a picture of yourself up in your profile. Why should anyone listen to you and your pasted pictures? I can tell you're very smart and articulate by your thorough in depth posts. Natural selection at its finest huh?

Be blessed lady.
  • Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options

Ma'am...have/had. Lol you think you caught me in something? I did all those things but I don't do the exact same thing anymore nor with the same doctors after I saw that some things didn't work. So I still have doctors and all those professionals to monitor my health. Thus HAVE doctors. I HAD a different team of docs in the past when I watched the scale not move for a year.

I have been logging for years. I've tried things for months seen it didn't work then switched my routine. In addition I never said I saw no results. I have at times. At long periods I have seen cals in vs calories not work. I've gone a year with no scale movement while doing everything various professionals told me.

I'm not trying to catch you in anything. You never mentioned in a previous post that you were working with a different team than before. This is why I mentioned it so you could feel free to clarify if you chose to do so. I'm sorry that you're dealing with PCOS and usually cannot lose weight no matter what you try, but what you need to understand is that you are a statistical anomaly based on what you're saying on these boards; even amongst other women with PCOS you defy many aspects of science and logic. At this point, a dietician and doctor should want to take you on as a case study so they can figure out what is going on with your body. You say you have seen results in the past, so obviously something was going right regarding CICO before it stopped working on the long term. I don't know what type of success it was but there seems to be a disconnect.
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    Oh and to add insult to injury my thyroid is being attacked by my body and slowly shutting down, so by all accounts I should REALLY be a special snowflake, but here I am.
  • emhunter
    Options
    Oh and to add insult to injury my thyroid is being attacked by my body and slowly shutting down, so by all accounts I should REALLY be a special snowflake, but here I am.

I never said all people have the exact same reactions to PCOS. Some women have infertility issues with it. Others don't. Some get acne. Others don't. I also never said you can't lose. You can. Just for some people it is more than just calories in vs. Calories out.
  • emhunter
    Options

I'm not trying to catch you in anything. You never mentioned in a previous post that you were working with a different team than before. This is why I mentioned it so you could feel free to clarify if you chose to do so. I'm sorry that you're dealing with PCOS and usually cannot lose weight no matter what you try, but what you need to understand is that you are a statistical anomaly based on what you're saying on these boards; even amongst other women with PCOS you defy many aspects of science and logic. At this point, a dietician and doctor should want to take you on as a case study so they can figure out what is going on with your body. You say you have seen results in the past, so obviously something was going right regarding CICO before it stopped working on the long term. I don't know what type of success it was but there seems to be a disconnect.

Thank you for your sympathy. I am not willing to go through my entire story on a forum from start to finish with every detail. I am summarizing. There is far too much to type. Again I never said you cannot lose. I said cal in vs cal out is not the end all be all for many women with PCOS. The times I lost and when I lose best is when I keep carbs and sugar to a minimum. So my cals in have to be less than my cals out and I have to be very careful what foods I give my body. I am not the only woman that has this issue. Most of my friends on mfp have the same problem. They still lose weight but only when they are careful of what types of cals they get in their day.

I don't understand why people think this is anomaly. It's not. People are different. Two people the same height and weight can look very different. People also can eat the exact same things and exercise the same way and one lose and one doesn't. This happens on the biggest loser, this happens in life.
  • queenliz99
    Options
    o1og1hd1lnm0.jpeg

How does that work?

I know because science.

s251vfspbowc.jpeg
    Hahahahahaha and you are the God of truth huh? Did you google PCOS? Did you get your info from Wikipedia? You know those are very reputable sources. You can't even put a picture of yourself up in your profile. Why should anyone listen to you and your pasted pictures? I can tell you're very smart and articulate by your thorough in depth posts. Natural selection at its finest huh?

Be blessed lady.

All my photos and my food diary are open for your review, I have nothing to hide. Be prepared to be awed:)