• zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    thorsmom01 wrote: »
    Werk2Eat wrote: »
    tomatoey wrote: »

holy crap

I never seen the original thread. Did a Shaman make the snake oil products?

Yes the man was taking snake oil products, that caused anal leakage and explosion diarrhea. He had an explosion in his sleep . on the girlfriend. Then made a thread to warn newcomers about these products but we got carried away with the word anal and it got deleted by mods.
    What was the product? not the brand just the type. Need to make sure DH doesn't take it lol

It was an" appetite suppressant fat burner " usually found in the common drug stores in USA

It was probably one of those carb/fat blocker type pills??

Maybe. But any sane person would stay far away from them all . @christinev297 you maybe have the power to clean up the mess we made with that thread and resurrect it?!?! It would make my day to read that again !! Lmao !!
  • flamingblades
    flamingblades Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    lyndahh75 wrote: »
    I see you've read these boards before lol
    Coconut oil and biotin are suppressants and work with increasing metabolism- so I've read. I've been taking them both- can't say I notice a huge difference. Also using powdered psyllium husk mixed in 8 oz water 30 mins before each meal fills you up. The substance expands in your gut and binds to fat which gets eliminated . It does cause bloating in the beginning but I can say- it does help with appetite suppression.

Good call! Lots of fiber should do the trick.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options

holy crap

Yes the man was taking snake oil products, that caused anal leakage and explosion diarrhea. He had an explosion in his sleep . on the girlfriend. Then made a thread to warn newcomers about these products but we got carried away with the word anal and it got deleted by mods.
    What was the product? not the brand just the type. Need to make sure DH doesn't take it lol

It was an" appetite suppressant fat burner " usually found in the common drug stores in USA

Maybe. But any sane person would stay far away from them all . @christinev297 you maybe have the power to clean up the mess we made with that thread and resurrect it?!?! It would make my day to read that again !! Lmao !!

Maaan it'd be buried under hundreds of other closed threads. There's not enough hours in my day to sort through them all :wink:

• zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options

holy crap

Maaan it'd be buried under hundreds of other closed threads. There's not enough hours in my day to sort through them all :wink:

But I promise the laughter will be worth the hours of searching!! @christinev297 and now there's a feature that blocks words like anal leakage so you won't have to clean up any new comments :) totally worth resurrecting !! I could even promise you that a few of us will be good ( that's comprising at my best )
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options

holy crap

But I promise the laughter will be worth the hours of searching!! @christinev297 and now there's a feature that blocks words like anal leakage so you won't have to clean up any new comments :) totally worth resurrecting !! I could even promise you that a few of us will be good ( that's comprising at my best )

haha I'll go have a looksy for it. I'm intrigued now :lol:

• ajmurray1234
    ajmurray1234 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    xnabnana wrote: »
    Does anyone know of any effective appetite suppressants out there?
    If you don't agree with the use of these, spare me the lecture and move along. Thank you!

I love how you put that. People do tend to preach and become insulting as soon as someone posts something they don't agree with. With that said, I have to agree with @gaelicstorm26. When you prevent hunger with protein rich foods you find you don't overeat. At least for me that is.
  • emhunter
    emhunter Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    @xnabnana did you get what you need?
  • Redbeard333
    Redbeard333 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    xnabnana wrote: »
    Does anyone know of any effective appetite suppressants out there?
    If you don't agree with the use of these, spare me the lecture and move along. Thank you!

It's all snake oil. SMH. I'm here to tell you can't tell anyone here not to comment. It doesn't work like that. Sorry.

Let me reiterate, it's all crap. It teaches you nothing about maintaining your weight for life.

This!
    Learn self control. That's the best pill around...

Exactly. Will power, self-control, and focus. These 3 thing alone are FREE, which is a heck of a lot cheaper than snakeoil in a can. I see people buying "It Works!" wraps, lotions, potions, etc, and NONE of it works without eating less and exercising more. Even the weight-loss commercials recommend a "proper diet and exercise", and that "results are not typical". So why even buy that crap?

Tell you what OP: send me $50/month and I'll send you a miracle drug that will help you lose weight with proper diet and exercise. But I'll tell you now... it's just going to be empty capsules.

I like you @Redbeard333

• Azuriaz
    Azuriaz Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    Once in awhile, a supplement company will come up with something that actually works. It gets banned fairly quickly.

Meanwhile, you're rolling the dice with ingredients like this one:

Rauwolfia vomitoria (found in at least one supplement)

Side effects of long term use?

Depression and Parkison's-like symptoms
  • ManiacalLaugh
    ManiacalLaugh Posts: 1,048 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if it's been said, but black coffee** works for me quite well. 6oz usually gets me through that breakfast-to-lunch gap.

(**Obvious disclaimer: while 6 ounces is not much, it obviously still contains caffeine [decaff has not worked for me in the same way] so use caution with this if you have heart issues or caffeine sensitivities. Also - don't overdo it and end up forming a chemical dependency. Caffeine withdrawals are not fun.)
  • skeo
    skeo Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    No pills, but 1/2 and apple before bed helps me with late night sugary cravings, or a big glass of water, small salad or a few crackers before a meal helps as well.
  • cebreisch
    cebreisch Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    There are people who can do well with appetite suppressants, I just wasn't one of them. It was because I wasn't eating for nutrition or because I was hungry all the time, it was all emotional eating....happy/sad/tired/bored, yadda yadda yadda.

Many of my doctors suggested that might be a good way to lose weight, but if that wasn't why I was eating, then I was hesitant to try it.

I won't tell you not to take suppressants - I don't have any idea if they're beneficial or not. Just make sure you're taking them because you're really having hunger issues, and it's not something else.

I will also let you know that when I was seeing a nutritionist, I was staying within realm of my calories, but was still hungry and asked what to do. She said to increase my fiber intake. It worked like a charm. I added Chocolite Triple Fudge Protein Bars (www.healthsmartfoods.com) to supplement the fiber intake, and it's really helped.

The nutritionist also said to focus on protein because it takes longer to break down and digest in the stomach... more "staying power" so you don't get as hungry as often.

Just some suggestions.....good luck!!!
  • ColinsMommaOC
    ColinsMommaOC Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Many of the suppressants I have seen say this on the directions: "Take with a full glass of water." There is a reason. According to my doctor, the full glass of water does more to suppress your appetite than the pill... That being said: my MIL swears by hydroxycut. She likes to add their drops to her water to give it flavor.
  • eveunderground
    eveunderground Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    1 tsp apple cider vinegar in a big glass of water before every meal.

But tbh, the glass of water on its own will also do the trick...and you will end up eating less.
  • Patttience
    Patttience Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    You can achieve the same thing by doing a few things:

Changing what you eat to reduce refined foods. Eat more protein and more fruit and vegetables. Fibre and healthy foods are more satisfying. Fat is fine. Low fat is not fine.
    Resolving your mood and stress issues.
    Spreading yoru calories evenly over the day, avoiding uncontrollable appetite by eating when you feel hungry.
  • rwhyte12
    rwhyte12 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Seeds are a good appetite suppressant. It takes around two tablespoons to be full from a seed mixture. It probably would be more effective to eat nuts but I can't.
  • morgiemarsh
    morgiemarsh Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Slimquick has worked marvelously for me!! I lost 10 lbs in a week. Prob mostly water weight, but regardless it feels great to look down at the scale and see that, and it just motivates me to lose more! I do the capsules, 2 a day, twice a day. Drink a big glass of water and eat when you take them. They suppress your hunger and give you great energy!
  • Redbeard333
    Redbeard333 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Slimquick has worked marvelously for me!! I lost 10 lbs in a week. Prob mostly water weight, but regardless it feels great to look down at the scale and see that, and it just motivates me to lose more! I do the capsules, 2 a day, twice a day. Drink a big glass of water and eat when you take them. They suppress your hunger and give you great energy!

10# in one week is most definitely water weight. I mean, it's great that it motivates you, but isn't a long-term solution... think what else you could spend that $20/month on! Also, the big glass of water is most certainly an appetite suppressant, and will give you energy, too. Plus, it's free...
  • dinkybo
    dinkybo Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Coffee without sugar is a great appetite suppressant !! I drink it at noon and at 5pm and it helps avoid snacking throughout the day. But when 8pm hits ... I really crave sweets ... I'm still trying to figure out what I can do for those evening munchies ...

• Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Yes, I know of some, but they were all pulled from the market because they can kill the people who take them.

Dried apricots kill my appetite for a bit.