Are Americans Weaned on Peanut Butter?

Options
15678911»

Replies

• cndkendrick
    cndkendrick Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    To further continue this discussion, those of you not from The States, what are some things that you're "weaned on" in your home country?
    Thinking on this further, wouldn't it be considered more of a national food rather than something the we are "weaned on"?
    For example in Iran, we were always having Feta, Rice and a carbonated yogurt drink...
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    i ate a lot of pickle and peanut butter sandwiches as a kid.
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    i dont know about all american kids, but in my house, we ate jif daily. on a banana or piece of toast for breakfast, in a sandwich at school, on crackers for snacks.

yup except we were a skippy house. I hate it in spoonfuls, pb&j, peanut butter and apples/celery, peanut putter banana and honey, as i said peanut butter and pickles. Im actually bummed because we buy no sugar/oil peanut butter and its soupy and grainy so i don't really ever touch it.
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    Options
    I only need 60 TBSP's of Jif today to hit my Protein MACRO. IDK lemur cat is that a lot of peanut butter? Maybe I ought to check the fat content of 60 TBSP's.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    LOL, depends on your calorie goal, I guess. ;-)
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    fishshark wrote: »
    i dont know about all american kids, but in my house, we ate jif daily. on a banana or piece of toast for breakfast, in a sandwich at school, on crackers for snacks.

yup except we were a skippy house. I hate it in spoonfuls, pb&j, peanut butter and apples/celery, peanut putter banana and honey, as i said peanut butter and pickles. Im actually bummed because we buy no sugar/oil peanut butter and its soupy and grainy so i don't really ever touch it.

natural peanut butter is just nasty, and i have tried several brands. Its like grainy/oily...yet also dry. Blech.
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    LOL, depends on your calorie goal, I guess. ;-)
    The peanut butter has 12 grams of fat for 2 TBSP's. So, the fat would be 3,000 + calories. Hmmm, maybe I need to walk more than I think. . . .