100 Day Exercise Challenge

Options

Replies

• carwilde
    carwilde Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I wanna join the 100 day exercise challenge!!!
    I have a few questions for everyone out there..
    How many days do you guys do cardio and for how long? How many days do you do strength training? I need new routines!!!
  • froggysfriend
    froggysfriend Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Day54 - 45 minute spin class
  • froggysfriend
    Options
    Welcome @Lauratwest and @carwilde

Personally I aim to do cardio every weekday and then take it a little easier on the weekend, but that's just what works best for my schedule.

I am in a horrible rut! I mostly just go to spin classes. But at the moment it's working for me. I am trying to fit in a few minutes of strength before the spin classes, but often it doesn't happen because of my work schedule.

This challenge is great because it keeps you doing SOMETHING which is better than NOTHING every day.
  • GW4321
    GW4321 Posts: 523 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Hello everyone. I’d like to join this challenge.

After losing 118 lbs over the past year, I’m trying to slowly shift my goal from losing weight to continuing to improve my overall fitness. I started a different strength training program this week with a goal of sticking with it for at least 100 straight days. I’ll attempt to log my progress here.

This was my fourth day, so I’ll add all four days on this entry.

Day 1. Strength Training-60min.
    Day 2. Strength Training-30 min and Walk-30 min.
    Day 3. Abs-10 min, Cardio -20min and Walk-40 min.
    Day 4. Strength Training-40 min and Walk-30 min.
  • froggysfriend
    Options
    @GW4321 - congrats on the 118 lb weight loss - that is impressive!

I have lost the most critical weight - I am down to being overweight and not obese now - and would also like to work on improving strength and fitness. My core needs some attention - it's a constant battle with the busyness of life to fit something new in. I do find thought that once I have started doing something new (got over the hump of figuring it out) I can incorporate those things quite well. My gym (Good Life - I'm in Canada) has a 30 minute core workout class that I am trying to get to at some point soon.
  • GW4321
    Options
    @GW4321 - congrats on the 118 lb weight loss - that is impressive!

I have lost the most critical weight - I am down to being overweight and not obese now - and would also like to work on improving strength and fitness. My core needs some attention - it's a constant battle with the busyness of life to fit something new in. I do find thought that once I have started doing something new (got over the hump of figuring it out) I can incorporate those things quite well. My gym (Good Life - I'm in Canada) has a 30 minute core workout class that I am trying to get to at some point soon.

Thank you.

Congratulations on your weight loss and good luck with your fitness goals.
  • GW4321
    Options
    Day 5. Strength training (back/biceps/core) -60 minutes
  • ferret150
    ferret150 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Hey you all

Just checking in
    I will put my days here since I missed logging some days

Day 1 Cardio-Elliptical 30 minutes, Recumbent bike 30 mins
    Day 2 Recumbent Bike 30 minutes
    Day 3 Walking 61 minutes, Recumbent bike 34 minutes
  • froggysfriend
    Options
    Day 55 - 15 minutes bodyweight exercises. Not enough to counteract the food I ate at the Christmas party, but it's just one day!
  • quiltlovinlisa
    quiltlovinlisa Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    Sorry, life has been CRAZY!

Day57-40 minutes low impact cardio
    Day58-Fitness blender 32 minutes weights, lower body, 30 minutes low impact cardio
    Day 59-Leslie 40 minutes
    Day 60- Leslie 40 minutes
  • quiltlovinlisa
    quiltlovinlisa Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    carwilde wrote: »
    I wanna join the 100 day exercise challenge!!!
    I have a few questions for everyone out there..
    How many days do you guys do cardio and for how long? How many days do you do strength training? I need new routines!!!

Fitness blender, check them out online! SO many awesome routines. I've exercised 260 days in a row now (Completed this challenge twice consecutively), I just make sure to read my body and alternate what I'm doing. So if I do legs one day, I do something else the next. If I'm feeling really fatigued, I give a day of stretching and some walking.
  • ferret150
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Hey everyone,

Day 4- 64 minutes Walking
    Not much else. I will try for more Strength training as I go along
  • wilmasheridan
    wilmasheridan Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Cardio: I raked leaves for 1 hr. today.
    Enough leaves to last me through December. And then...
  • GW4321
    Options
    Day 6. Legs and Shoulders workout -30 minutes. Walk-30 minutes.
  • froggysfriend
    Options
    I will be going back to day one, but it's not really day one because I have benefited from each of the three tries at getting to 100.

I was at a client Christmas party on Friday - I had a lovely time, gained 3 lbs (not sure how!) and failed to work out the next day :blush: . But it's still all good, because life isn't perfect and I'm not perfect and I still had 55 days of working out daily before that. I'm not sure if I will restart today or just wait until tomorrow - it's remarkably cold here so just leaving the house is a challenge.

Hope everyone else is doing GREAT and having FUN with it :smile:
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options
    I'm feeling much better...been sick with a bad cold for a week. I hope to get day 1 of exercise in tomorrow.
  • ellevold2
    ellevold2 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I would like to start the 100 day excercize challenge.
  • ferret150
    Options
    Hey everyone,

It's been really cold and it snowed a little outside. But I still got some walking in.

Day 5- 120 mins Walking at a brisk pace
  • MarNedra2000
    MarNedra2000 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Will get in 30 mins on the stationary bike before bed tonight. Seems crazy that I'll sit on the couch and watch TV for hours and not just use my exercise bike while watching.
  • GW4321
    Options
    Day 7. Rest day, so no weight lifting. Walked for 40 minutes.