100 Day Exercise Challenge

Options

Replies

• quiltlovinlisa
    quiltlovinlisa Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    Day seven- 30 minutes upper body strength and 40 minutes light cardio.
  • quiltlovinlisa
    Options
    I posted these pictures under success stories but no one seemed to notice. I thought I'd repost here to show you guys what this challenge has helped me accomplish. I'm officially 58 pounds lighter now. :)

igtuptb0x5g1.jpg
    0gv6ir1h2pyv.jpg
    37nr2pwnao5b.jpg
    d8qapshc9axx.jpg
    gmj7bnldodic.jpg
  • froggysfriend
    froggysfriend Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    @quiltlovinlisa Congrats on the weight loss - 58 lbs is substantial and fantastic! BTW what is your day job - I am impressed by your # of steps!!!
  • froggysfriend
    Options
    I went to the gym and it was closed! Was thinking of driving all the way to the other one, but didn't - partly lazy, partly because my car got broken into at that location a couple of days ago and I don't want to go back. They are renovating the mall and there aren't many lights when it's dark. The lock is broken on my car so I'm pretty sure that anyone could get into it with a little fiddling.
    Why am I telling you this story? Well tomorrow I am starting over at Day 1. But I think from now on if I do a good 15 minutes of exercise I am going to count that. 15 minutes I can probably talk myself into doing even at the end of a long day - and that seems to be where I get into trouble the most.
    Thanks for reading this long story!
  • quiltlovinlisa
    edited October 2016
    Options
    @froggysfriend, I think 15 minutes is a great new goal! Something obtainable!

I work at a middle school. Specifically I work with kids that have emotional disorders/disabilities that interfere with their learning. I'm in a school with one other gal that does the same thing and was absent Thursday and Friday so I handled the entire caseload of seven students, making contact with every student, every period for seven periods. It's EXHAUSTING. The school is an entire block length, it's SUPER long so back and forth across the entire building stopping sometimes for just a few minutes and sometimes for 10 or 15 depending on what was going on and where I was needed.

Since I'm new to the building and new to the students, there was the inevitable, oh DANG, I missed this kid, clear at the other side and it's only 10 minutes before the bell and I better book it over and see how the student is doing.

When my work partner is back and we split the caseload, I'll be able to spend more time working individually with students and my steps will go down. However, still hands down, more steps then I ever got in the other building (I only had one student and spent every class with her.) :)
  • minpick1010
    minpick1010 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Day 10: 15 minutes bodyweight. Didn't want to do it. It's late and I'm tired. Did it anyway, and that feels nice.
  • quiltlovinlisa
    Options
    Day 10: 15 minutes bodyweight. Didn't want to do it. It's late and I'm tired. Did it anyway, and that feels nice.

GOOD FOR YOU!
  • quiltlovinlisa
    Options
    Day eight, 42 minutes Leslie Sansone. 10 minute Fitness Blender "Ultimate Squat Challenge 2" and fitness blender 8 minute cool down and stretch.
  • kirbygirl41
    kirbygirl41 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Day 66
    CCB and MOM. 2 mile walk with dog
  • kirbygirl41
    Options
    Day 67
    CCB - 1 mile walk
    MOM - 20 minutes of walking and 150 squats. Not my best day. I have a bad headache but forced myself to at least move for 20 minutes although I would have rather sat on the couch!
  • froggysfriend
    Options
    @quiltlovinlisa makes sense that you work in a school :) It's great that you get to be active - I would love for my job to be a little more active!
  • froggysfriend
    Options
    Day 1 - 45 minute Rowing class plus 50 Squats.
  • quiltlovinlisa
    Options
    Day nine- 62 minutes walking (Leslie Sansone 5K, done 1 1/2 times)
  • froggysfriend
    Options
    Day 2 - 50 minute spin class, rest day for Squats.
  • kirbygirl41
    Options
    CCB 2.5 mile walk
    MOM 2 mile walk and 155 squats
  • minpick1010
    Options
    Day 11: 20 min body weight exercises.
  • quiltlovinlisa
    Options
    Day 10- Leslie Sansone 5K

I had not the energy or willpower to push myself further.
  • dane030882
    dane030882 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Day 6- walked 2 miles
    Day 7- 2 hours housework
    Day 8- 1 hour yard work
    Day 9- 50 minutes cycle class
    Day 10- 3 mile run
  • froggysfriend
    Options
    Day 3 - 45 minute spin class and I WILL do my 35 squats for my squat challenge...
  • minpick1010
    Options
    Day 12: I was on my feet for 6 hrs preparing 30 freezer meals, but I didn't stop to exercise specifically. I forgot. Then when I remembered at the end of the day my hip/back injury was flared up and I just didn't make myself do it. I'm thinking it doesn't count. Sad.

Day 13: lovely early morning walk and increased per mile speed by 3 minutes and went an extra half mile too.