• amyrichard34
    amyrichard34 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Day 4: P90X3 Total Synergistics
  • froggysfriend
    froggysfriend Posts: 220 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Day 26 - Walked for 48 minutes and 30 Squats and 20 leg lifts to each side. I am leaving on a trip tomorrow, so hoping to do something every day, but probably not the best workouts. At least this challenge will keep me a little more active than I probably would otherwise be.
  • ptaradactyl88
    ptaradactyl88 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Day 4: I have completed my 10K steps for the day and this includes Sadie's daily 1 mile walk. I also did 90 minutes of yard work that currently includes harvesting black walnuts. This has me sweating and squatting like crazy so I know it's a great workout! And last but not least, Tae Bo!!! Yes Billy Blanks awesome kickboxing workout and yes it is on VHS!!! We love it and try to do it every Tuesday. #taebotuesday
  • kirbygirl41
    kirbygirl41 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Day 55
    CCB- ran warm ups than played softball
    MOM - walked 2 1/4 miles and did 80 Squats.
  • amyrichard34
    Options
    Day 5: Swimming laps for 25 minutes while my kids played in the kiddie pool.
  • ptaradactyl88
    Options
    Day 5: 10K steps including Sadie's daily mile and lots and lots of stairs. We had a fire drill at work tonight and this involved walking down 6 flights of stairs, only a brave few of us walked back UP those stairs. Also, 30+ minute lifting session (legs) and 45 minutes of yard work. Walnuts, walnuts and MORE walnuts!!!
  • quiltlovinlisa
    quiltlovinlisa Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    Day 97- Leslie Sansone 5K (42 minutes, I didn't record stretching)
  • kirbygirl41
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Day 56
    CCB- one mile with headache
    MOM - one mile and 90 squats
  • quiltlovinlisa
    Options
    Day 98- 43 minutes Leslie Sansone and well, 20 minutes or so of hauling and moving cases of food, bought at a case lot sale. I can haul 50 pound bags of wheat!
  • kirbygirl41
    Options
    Day 57
    CCB - 15 minutes of walking, 60 jumping jacks, 10 push ups, 30 crunches and 15 sit ups.
    MOM - 1 mile walk and 100 crunches.
  • ptaradactyl88
    Options
    Day 6: 10K steps today including Sadie's mile.
  • amyrichard34
    Options
    Day 6: P90x3 agility . 30 minute lunge and squat fest...ouch!
  • minpick1010
    minpick1010 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    100 days beginning today, extending through jan 14th. Day 1: early morning 3 mile brisk walk, and bodyweight exercise.
  • quiltlovinlisa
    Options
    Day 99- Hiking in Yellowstone, about an hour total. Awesome!
  • minpick1010
    minpick1010 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Day 2: early morning walk, then an afternoon walk by the lake. #100daysofexercise #noregretsinjanuary #fitfall
  • rummyqueen
    rummyqueen Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I do workout but your not suppose to workout everyday, your body needs rest, I workout out 5 sometimes 6 times a week and let my body rest one or 2 days a week, usually I will work out Monday through Friday sometimes on a Saturday rest day Sunday, is it good to work out 100 days straight without a rest here?
  • quiltlovinlisa
    Options
    rummyqueen wrote: »
    I do workout but your not suppose to workout everyday, your body needs rest, I workout out 5 sometimes 6 times a week and let my body rest one or 2 days a week, usually I will work out Monday through Friday sometimes on a Saturday rest day Sunday, is it good to work out 100 days straight without a rest here?

It's not good to exercise the same muscles in a strenuous manner for multiple days in a row. However, you can work upper body one day, lower body the next, or mix in what I call "active rest days." If I'm tired, or achy, I do a light walk, yoga, some kind of stretching. But I still count it. Days with no activity are bad for me, I start making excuses, start missing multiple days. So this has been excellent for me.

Some people need a bonafide rest day, with doing no activity. That's okay too. If this doesn't work for an individual, they shouldn't even try. For some of us, it does work.

So, yes, you can exercise every day, some people don't even count those lighter days as exercise (but I do!) Now, I've tried this challenge a total of four time and have completed three times. The one time I didn't, I was extremely sick and couldn't move for a week without hacking up a lung. I followed the cues my body and let myself rest then when I was better, I started over.

\
  • quiltlovinlisa
    Options
    Day 100- Hiking in Yellowstone. Only hiked a mile but half of it was up this wicked hill. It was awesome!

Actually, this is Day 200, because I've completed this without any breaks twice in a row now. Tomorrow, Day 1 again!
  • kirbygirl41
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Day 58
    CCB - one mile
    MOM - 26 minutes of cardio and 105 squats

Day 59
    CCB - she is not feeling well today but she forced herself to do 15 minutes of cardio and weights.
    MOM - walked 2 miles and 110 squats