how do you deal with failure days?

Options
124»

Replies

• allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I don't deal with it, I just carry on with my plan. Going off plan now and then is not a failure, it's just the way life is. Failure would be not getting back to plan after.

This.
    So I then make the next right choice. I can't change what happened. But I can control my response.
  • michelle7673
    michelle7673 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I don't think of them as "failure days". I think of them as potholes in the road. The car is still going in the right direction. It will just take a little longer to get there. And I avoid them as much as I can but recognize that I'll hit a few :)
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    kae612 wrote: »
    Are there things you do to help you feel better or deal with days that, whatever the reason, you really overate on unhealthy foods? This isn't targeted towards people who never mess up, or about days where you go 100 cal over your goal. But like, big mess-ups. How do you accept it and move on, or account for it so that you stop beating yourself over the head with how much of a failure of a person you are?

I had a day like that yesterday, and I know repeatedly thinking "wow there is so much wrong with you, you're a failure you deserve nothing good" etc. is not something that's going to help. It will make me want to eat. Do you have ways of dealing with this?

Don't beat yourself up, just put it behind you and do better on your goal today.

6 in 30 days isn't the end of the world (i suppose it depends on how much over you go). Just try not to let them become the norm, or you will be heading back to where you came from and away from your goal.

Remember you are not a failure if you pick yourself up and carry on. You're a winner!