Replies

• kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options
    ThomasW13 wrote: »
    We
    kami3006 wrote: »
    Omg we are going to get shut down because we are trying to stop young girls trying to lose weight for a dangerous reason!!!!

I'm shocked it made it to page 5.

Yet the post about how to get a thigh gap is still there!! What's worse people??? us saying be happy with what you have and don't do silly things.....or exercise 2-3hrs a day 7 days a week once you are skinny!!! OMG SERIOUSLY!!!

i'd assume most of the reporting comes from some of the skinny/fat shaming, age shaming, and sexual preference shaming that has been going on for the last 5 pages, not so much the topic at hand, which isn't by any means limited to MFP only. good job by the mods honestly.

We aren't skinny/fat shaming though....we are saying that doesn't matter what age or size it is not an achievable look for most girls!!! Yet MFP is allowing a girl to promote an unhealthy DANGEROUS way of losing weight to achieve this!!
    I wanted guys to pipe up and say they don't care about a thigh gap.....which they have! And I also have been trying to help some young ladies that think this is what guys want and without it they look bad!! So perhaps they should see this post as a positive thing about body shape and age.....as for the pics of the butts....I didn't put them up lol but those last 2 were hot hahaha

think you missed my comments in the thread back at the start- i am attracted to women with thigh gaps. it's all i've ever dated. its just how i'm wired and there's def been a few people who tried to shame me for it a few pages back. if you dislike whatever this other person has posted you should prob just flag it, otherwise it makes you seem like you have an agenda for whatever reason. mods did a good job here. other than apparently banning the kid for saying what he said, but nobody got banned for attacking him for only being 19. that I can't agree with.

takes all ages and types to hold hands and make a circle.

I'm offended that you wouldn't date me because I don't have a thigh gap.
  • jersey_54
    jersey_54 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    5aef50c15c9a1ac987c5a4f98c27a6b4.jpg

(With a possible exception.)

exept maybe 1st one and 5th, no one is really attractive. (not cos of thigh gaps doe, they just fat and flexin) I mean
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options
    We
    Omg we are going to get shut down because we are trying to stop young girls trying to lose weight for a dangerous reason!!!!

Yet the post about how to get a thigh gap is still there!! What's worse people??? us saying be happy with what you have and don't do silly things.....or exercise 2-3hrs a day 7 days a week once you are skinny!!! OMG SERIOUSLY!!!

i'd assume most of the reporting comes from some of the skinny/fat shaming, age shaming, and sexual preference shaming that has been going on for the last 5 pages, not so much the topic at hand, which isn't by any means limited to MFP only. good job by the mods honestly.

We aren't skinny/fat shaming though....we are saying that doesn't matter what age or size it is not an achievable look for most girls!!! Yet MFP is allowing a girl to promote an unhealthy DANGEROUS way of losing weight to achieve this!!
    I wanted guys to pipe up and say they don't care about a thigh gap.....which they have! And I also have been trying to help some young ladies that think this is what guys want and without it they look bad!! So perhaps they should see this post as a positive thing about body shape and age.....as for the pics of the butts....I didn't put them up lol but those last 2 were hot hahaha

think you missed my comments in the thread back at the start- i am attracted to women with thigh gaps. it's all i've ever dated. its just how i'm wired and there's def been a few people who tried to shame me for it a few pages back. if you dislike whatever this other person has posted you should prob just flag it, otherwise it makes you seem like you have an agenda for whatever reason. mods did a good job here. other than apparently banning the kid for saying what he said, but nobody got banned for attacking him for only being 19. that I can't agree with.

kkenseth wrote: »
    We

you don't wear glasses either right? that's prob a bigger deal breaker for me.

Only when I'm reading :confused:
  • summerkissed
    summerkissed Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    We

No I seen it I'm just choosing to ignoring it
  • jersey_54
    Options
    rob_medium.gif
  • jersey_54
    Options
    Lets just all face it that thigh gaps are wayy hotter than two subway footlongs making out
  • PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,276 Member
    Options
    jersey_54 wrote: »
    Well thigh gaps >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> fat chicks if thats what you asking? But other than that, I dont see no problem in not having it. Goes same for curves lol Most of chicks think their mcDonald rolls are curves...yeah no

OVUoOuG.gif

this guy gets it.

I mean, Most of em think having a fat belly is curvy and "thick" lol. Its actually when you have big cleavage going down to low waist going down to big *kitten* making an actual curve in your body.

There was a great "curves vs. curve" visual aid somewhere in a thread recently.
    Non_Stop wrote: »
    @HawleyGriffin haha I got reported for this thread!!!

So did I.

Me three...I didn't even did nothing.
    Me four!
    tumblr_lztwuyXS5d1r8zzvio2_400.gif
  • TehLaughingDog
    TehLaughingDog Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I get the lesbian opinion is not something entirely sought after here but I'm here anyways to comment because this has been a peeve of mine for a while - this whole "thigh gap thing".

I don't get how a thigh gap is something that is attractive or unattractive. Its just something associated with a body type. Personally if I was to think of my idea of an ideal body type I see it similar to my own (I'm generally a mesomorph but I've gained some fluff x.x) but that is solely in relation to my ideal body type for myself. Each person is different. My fiancee is a skinny-minny stick skinny ectomorph that there is no way she could ever not have a thigh gap. Its never anything that was ever considered when looking at attractiveness on my end however on my fiancee's end she specifically likes the bigger thighs, butt, and bust since she sees them as the more classically stereotypical "womanly" appearance.

Its kinda one of those subjects that is relatively neutral but the person talking about it, depending on their angle and word choice, can push it to be body shaming. For example, my fiancee's sister is also an ectomorph struggles to gain weight, which is something she is self-conscious of, and is embarrassed of having a thigh gap. Maybe by some of the photos on the second post she'd feel self-conscious for something she can't help in terms of her body type.
  • summerkissed
    Options
    Well thigh gaps >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> fat chicks if thats what you asking? But other than that, I dont see no problem in not having it. Goes same for curves lol Most of chicks think their mcDonald rolls are curves...yeah no

OVUoOuG.gif

this guy gets it.

I mean, Most of em think having a fat belly is curvy and "thick" lol. Its actually when you have big cleavage going down to low waist going down to big *kitten* making an actual curve in your body.

There was a great "curves vs. curve" visual aid somewhere in a thread recently.
    Non_Stop wrote: »
    @HawleyGriffin haha I got reported for this thread!!!

So did I.

Me three...I didn't even did nothing.
    Me four!
    tumblr_lztwuyXS5d1r8zzvio2_400.gif

Haha yay cheers!! Were all in the same club!
  • ald783
    ald783 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    OP, I agree with your intent and also agree that the other thread telling people how THEY TOO! can achieve the sought after thigh gap is silly. But your initial post came off somewhat negatively like, thigh gap is bad, guys who like it are bad, etc. But I guess this has all been covered to death by now. Also if I type "thigh gap" one more time I'm going to kill myself.

Anyway I'm super slow coming back to this thread and everything I would have wanted to say has been covered now. I don't have a thigh gap, don't see a thigh gap in my foreseeable future, and have basically zero opinion on thigh gaps.
  • summerkissed
    Options
    I get the lesbian opinion is not something entirely sought after here but I'm here anyways to comment because this has been a peeve of mine for a while - this whole "thigh gap thing".

I don't get how a thigh gap is something that is attractive or unattractive. Its just something associated with a body type. Personally if I was to think of my idea of an ideal body type I see it similar to my own (I'm generally a mesomorph but I've gained some fluff x.x) but that is solely in relation to my ideal body type for myself. Each person is different. My fiancee is a skinny-minny stick skinny ectomorph that there is no way she could ever not have a thigh gap. Its never anything that was ever considered when looking at attractiveness on my end however on my fiancee's end she specifically likes the bigger thighs, butt, and bust since she sees them as the more classically stereotypical "womanly" appearance.

Its kinda one of those subjects that is relatively neutral but the person talking about it, depending on their angle and word choice, can push it to be body shaming. For example, my fiancee's sister is also an ectomorph struggles to gain weight, which is something she is self-conscious of, and is embarrassed of having a thigh gap. Maybe by some of the photos on the second post she'd feel self-conscious for something she can't help in terms of her body type.

Great points! And I love your point "I don't get how a thigh gap is attractive or unattractive" and ultimately should be the point I was trying to make......but I was really trying to bring to attention and more highlight the unhealthy ways girls are trying to obtain a look that for the most of which is unattainable because they think that's what males (or females in your case) think is hot!! And really to be honest it's about that way way to skinny look that girls are aspiring to. Why do girls hate there thighs so much? I just don't get it!!!
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    what kind of thigh gap are we talking about?
    this

thigh-gap-2014-07-30.jpg

or this

7-Exercises-for-Thight-Gap-Featured-New.jpg

or maybe this?

I+can+understand+how+some+look+that+way+cause+they+_5867a90b3239a5adf0fe2c383328d15a.jpg

Yum. Room to work.

• burning2much
    burning2much Posts: 4,846 Member
    Options
    I enjoy a variety of body types and a space is one of them
  • summerkissed
    Options
    ald783 wrote: »
    OP, I agree with your intent and also agree that the other thread telling people how THEY TOO! can achieve the sought after thigh gap is silly. But your initial post came off somewhat negatively like, thigh gap is bad, guys who like it are bad, etc. But I guess this has all been covered to death by now. Also if I type "thigh gap" one more time I'm going to kill myself.

Anyway I'm super slow coming back to this thread and everything I would have wanted to say has been covered now. I don't have a thigh gap, don't see a thigh gap in my foreseeable future, and have basically zero opinion on thigh gaps.

I think I wanted it to come off bad.....sweet threads with no controversy get no attention lol I'm glad my point has come across now
  • summerkissed
    Options
    I enjoy a variety of body types and a space is one of them

I'm training 2 girls that honestly think that that's why they can't get a boyfriend.....fat thighs/no thigh gap!! They have hot strong feminine legs as well!! They think the catwalk thigh gap is what guys want only!!
  • ald783
    ald783 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    ald783 wrote: »

I think I wanted it to come off bad.....sweet threads with no controversy get no attention lol I'm glad my point has come across now

Touché. 5% of the time I post in a thread it's to be helpful. The other 95% is because I'm bored or hoping for a melee.