Short ladies, what's your daily calorie goal?

Options

Replies

• Loddieconnor975
    Loddieconnor975 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I try to stick to 1200 . I TRY
  • hekla90
    hekla90 Posts: 595 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    5ft0. Age 39. 98lbs. Between 1000 to 1100 per day without excersise. Looking to lose a couple of pounds.

None of my business but, your weight is already low for your height.

That's a normal bmi for someone of her height. Lower than most people's but normal.
  • Optimistical1
    Optimistical1 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Just looking for input from other shorties. I'm 5'1" and MyFitnessPal set my calories to 1670 to lose a pound a week. I'm not in a hurry, I just want to find something I can stick with long term so I didn't want to cut my calories way back. I'm curious what everyone else has theirs set to and what results they are seeing?

I'm still new around here and learning but 1600 seems like a lot amount of calories for someone your height, unless your exercising everyday.

I'm 5'0, very active, and my calories are set to 1200 to lose 1.5 a week. My BMR is 1426. I eat back about half of my exrecuse calories. I've lost 6.5 pounds since I started MFP one month ago.
  • SafioraLinnea
    SafioraLinnea Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and I am losing 0.5-1.5 pounds a week eating 1800 calories minimum. I often eat up to 2300 when eating back my exercise calories. It isn't a fast weight loss journey but I am getting there.

I also have a Fitbit linked and have negative calorie adjustments enabled, but I rarely ever see a negative adjustment. More often I get 500-800 extra calories daily and still lose weight when eating very close to the suggested amount.

I do not lose weight eating under 1650 net calories daily. My body refuses to relinquish the pounds unless I eat there. It is a delight to eat the amount I do and still see the scale drop while having the energy to do everything I want to do.
  • wintersyve
    wintersyve Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I am 5ft 1in, now at 137.5lbs from 156. I am on 1402 and I occasionally go into my Fitbit adjustment.
  • rugratz2015
    rugratz2015 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    hekla90 wrote: »
    5ft0. Age 39. 98lbs. Between 1000 to 1100 per day without excersise. Looking to lose a couple of pounds.

None of my business but, your weight is already low for your height.

That's a normal bmi for someone of her height. Lower than most people's but normal.

@hekla90 I didn't say it wasn't normal, I said it was low - However, the poster is at the bottom of the 'normal' reading, based on the BMI scales, therefore losing a 'couple of pounds' will put her as underweight - As per the links below :smile:

http://www.diethealthclub.com/diethealth/images/BMI-Chart.gif
    https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/f4/b5/88/f4b588d685b366ae9ce8aa1ec7d992c5.jpg
    https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/9e/d3/3a/9ed33a98540ab3c9a7bf6aac44f686b3.jpg
    http://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/healthy-living/PublishingImages/weight-chart-377.jpg

It's not all about the scales - Maybe the poster needs to tone up, rather than lose weight? I've been 9 stone but looked better at 10, because I was more toned - I'm 4'11, so shorter than the poster.

As I said, it's none of my business but I'm not here to support people to be an unhealthy weight, but I will support people whether they need to lose or gain, as long as they are doing it in a healthy way, to get to a healthy weight.
  • rugratz2015
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and I am losing 0.5-1.5 pounds a week eating 1800 calories minimum. I often eat up to 2300 when eating back my exercise calories. It isn't a fast weight loss journey but I am getting there.

I also have a Fitbit linked and have negative calorie adjustments enabled, but I rarely ever see a negative adjustment. More often I get 500-800 extra calories daily and still lose weight when eating very close to the suggested amount.

I do not lose weight eating under 1650 net calories daily. My body refuses to relinquish the pounds unless I eat there. It is a delight to eat the amount I do and still see the scale drop while having the energy to do everything I want to do.

Good for you!!! :smiley:
  • kacey65
    kacey65 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am 5ft 1 in and I weigh nearly 225 lbs. I am eating less than 1200 calories a day (at or around that). I have been doing this for 3 weeks plus I have added in some bicycling and riding. Other than some water weight I gained on my holiday I have lost NOTHING in 3 weeks :-(. No inches. Close still tight, pics still look the same. I am not eating back my exercise. (and the few days I ate more than 1200 for ex. 1500, I gained) Suggestions anyone ?
  • holly_roman
    holly_roman Posts: 116 Member
    Options

I am 4'11" and was 252lbs at the start of Jan, if I was gonna do it all over again I would not eat at 1200kcal. I don't now at 165lbs. It's torture and not needed for people as large as I was to lose weight, it practically melted off for the first 4 months.

Hi, thanks for the advice. Unfortunately, when I have restricted my cals back to anything above a certain amount before my body refused to lose the weight and I do mean absolutely refused. I have always been on the heavy side. years ago after much experimenting I found that my body will not shed pounds or inches unless I restrict back on the cals to at min 1300 and exercise regularly. I have a very curvy body so the inches are always the last to go! congrats on your weight loss! I hope the fat 'melts' off me too :-)
  • Whitezombiegirl
    Whitezombiegirl Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    [/quote] I'm not here to support people to be an unhealthy weight. Maybe the poster needs to tone up, rather than lose weight? I've been 9 stone but looked better at 10, because I was more toned - I'm 4'11, so shorter than the poster.[/quote]

According to the NHS website I could lose 3lbs and still be a healthy bmi (6st11). I have been 10 stone once before and that made me a UK size small 14- which made me totally uncomfortable. I am much happier at a UK size 8 which I think is in proportion with my small stature.

I could definitely use some upper body muscle and would happily gain muscle weight.
  • Verdenal
    Verdenal Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    5'2", 110, which is a very high weight for me. My body fat percentage is also high, near 30 percent. I'm sedentary, and have some injuries.

When I'm trying to lose weight, my max is 1100, although I often eat less.
  • Verdenal
    Verdenal Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    kacey65 wrote: »
    I am 5ft 1 in and I weigh nearly 225 lbs. I am eating less than 1200 calories a day (at or around that). I have been doing this for 3 weeks plus I have added in some bicycling and riding. Other than some water weight I gained on my holiday I have lost NOTHING in 3 weeks :-(. ...   Suggestions anyone ?

Are you weighing your food, and recording everything? It's easy to underestimate if you don't.
  • sugom2
    sugom2 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I am 54, 4'10 3/4 (got to get the 3/4 inch in there) and horrified with my weight of 167 pounds. MFP has me at 1200.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    Maintenance for me at five three, 120 lb and 47 years old is 1440 cal/day. Someone please kill me.
  • MorganMoreaux
    MorganMoreaux Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and 120 lbs. and want to get down around 110lbs, but am not in a hurry to lose it. I'm 38 years old, but so far haven't seen a decrease in my metabolism due to age yet, though I sense it may be coming soon as my hormone levels change. I aim for between 1000 - 1700 calories a day depending on my activity. I do try to eat at a deficit - usually between 200 and 500 calories per day, depending on my activity for that day and what I have planned for the next day - ie I eat at less of a deficit when I know I'll be active the next day (Saturday's I like to do a more detailed house cleaning, mow the yard, and play golf and go dancing in the evening - I need energy to keep going throughout the day lol.)
  • mrsnazario1219
    mrsnazario1219 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    So I posted yesterday that I changed my calorie intake to 1350 and eating most of my exercise cals from 1200 and eating very little of my exercise cals. At the beginning of this week to see if I'd actually start losing more weight (5'2, 189lbs).
    Well.. I lost 2.2lbs this week! That's the biggest loss I've had since I started almost a month ago. The funny part is that I have it set to lose 1.5lbs. When I had it to lose 2lbs I'd only lose like .5-1lb. I'm so happy that something is finally working!
  • rugratz2015
    Options
    So I posted yesterday that I changed my calorie intake to 1350 and eating most of my exercise cals from 1200 and eating very little of my exercise cals. At the beginning of this week to see if I'd actually start losing more weight (5'2, 189lbs).
    Well.. I lost 2.2lbs this week! That's the biggest loss I've had since I started almost a month ago. The funny part is that I have it set to lose 1.5lbs. When I had it to lose 2lbs I'd only lose like .5-1lb. I'm so happy that something is finally working!

That's great x :)
  • lezerlies
    lezerlies Posts: 39 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I'm 5'4, 154 lbs and have it set to 1490 calories. I had to adjust it manually, it tried to put me on 1200 a day but I can't go that low, I start getting hangry and I tend to binge eat when I get hangry enough, which is counter productive. I'm steadily losing at the 1450 setting.
  • hapa11
    hapa11 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    gothchiq wrote: »
    Maintenance for me at five three, 120 lb and 47 years old is 1440 cal/day. Someone please kill me.

Sorry for laughing out loud, but that was funny.
  • enleyva
    enleyva Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    wintersyve wrote: »
    I'm 44, 5ft 1in and was 156lb when I started 3 months ago. I started on 1200 a day and I lasted a week. Then I switched up to 1450 a day with weight lost I took it down to 1402.
    I have lost 20.5 lbs so far and am on my last 14lbs.
    I have mfp set to sedentary with a Fitbit linked and negative adjustments enabled.

How long did it take you to loose the 20?