Down almost 80, and about 15-20 to go. (lifting/diet/cardio)

Options
brdnw
brdnw Posts: 565 Member
I started at 6'2, 285, 35% body fat, currently i'm at 208, and 16.7% BF. I lift every day for about 90 minutes, i eat really well (oatmeal for breakfast, salad w\grilled chicken for lunch, protein shakes), and i do cardio once or twice a day...i'm really determined to get abs, so i'm far from content, but i do feel soo much better about myself at this point.

this weekend i had to buy new pants, and when i was at 285, i was a 40'' pant size, and now i'm at 33'' which feels incredible.

9114487777_2e2376b8e8.jpg
9116715422_882455ba4b.jpg
9114488617_27b71921c7.jpg
9116758856_21561174ff.jpg

Replies

• shellylb52
    shellylb52 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Geat job! You look amazing :smile:
  • beckieboomoo
    beckieboomoo Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    You look great! Awesome job :D
  • LearnFromTheRed
    LearnFromTheRed Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Wow! Is that the same bloke? ;-)
  • El_Cunado
    El_Cunado Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Awesome transformation!:drinker:
  • kazhowe
    kazhowe Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    You should be really pleased with yourself - you look great !
  • TheRealJigsaw
    TheRealJigsaw Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • jessicabillman77
    jessicabillman77 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    WOW :)
  • ChristineS_51
    ChristineS_51 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Great results! Well done :smile:
  • Jeneba
    Jeneba Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    YAY!!!!!! Thanks for posting! You are an inspiration!
  • MyJourney1960
    MyJourney1960 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    AWESOME! thank you for posting! wow - size 33... I think i remember that size, once, many years ago:flowerforyou:
  • LisaWixom
    LisaWixom Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    You look great! My husband worries about his chest staying as he looses weight but you are proof that he can tone it up with hard work! Great job! I am going to show him.
  • MaryLaura83
    MaryLaura83 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Holy Crap!!! Wow, you look great!!!
  • brdnw
    Options
    LisaWiscom, my bench did go down as i lost weight, I think it's a matter of being smaller you lose leverage on the bench, The highest bench i got to was benching 300 (while weighing 265) but right now i'm probably only able to do about 275-285...but i never thought aesthetically i had any negative at all from it, and i think i just lost my leverage from dropping weight more than losing anything muscle related.
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    Omg

You look hot!!!! What a transformation.......fantastic work, well done!!!!!!
  • connie_messina
    connie_messina Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    wow!!! amazing!! so hot i have to say!! good for you!!!!! :)
  • dancinmama
    dancinmama Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    You look beautiful, way to show it off!
  • gbatey78
    gbatey78 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Wow you look amazing! How much time difference is there between the photos?
  • TimeWillTell2
    TimeWillTell2 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Great job - you look great and you are such an inspiration!
  • CherylP67
    CherylP67 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Wow, amazing! You look so much younger and look at those abs!
  • brdnw
    Options
    Wow you look amazing! How much time difference is there between the photos?

the first pic was like 2.5 years ago, When i started i hadn't gone to the gym for like 2 years...so i told myself i wanted to lift every single day, and i'd worry about diet/cardio later once i established a routine, and at the time my max bench was 140 (my lifetime max bench back in college was 185)..and i set a goal to bench 300 within a year and within like 2 days of a year i did it.

Then the 2nd year i started to focus on my diet a bit more and cardio, i got down to 220 last july, but then got content and as of this past february i balooned back up to 250 and that's when i decided i need to really re-focus and get my priorities straighted out.

So since february i've lost about 40lbs and been really focused on my diet/cardio/strength .
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!