Fall Weight Loss Challenge

Options
hillcrestbaby
hillcrestbaby Posts: 577 Member
edited September 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
I love the Fall, but with it come all sorts of fall goodies to indulge in--and it sure isn't great for the weight loss enthusiast! So I prepose a Fall Weight Loss Challenge beginning October 1 and ending November 30th! Let's ease into the Holidays with a fresh new jumpstart!

61 days and counting! Anyone game?

If you are, just reply to this discussion board with your goal weight loss for the next two months and check in every Monday with your weeks results. Let's encourage one another on and check in every week with how we are all doing!

I'll go first:

Current weight: 143.8
Goal loss per week is at 2lbs totalling 8 weeks= 16 lbs goal loss
Goal weight by November 31=127.8

Thanks for coming along! I can't wait to hear how everyone does!

"This is the beginning of a new day. You have been given this day to use as you will. You can waste it or use it for good. What you do today is important because you are exchanging a day of your life for it. When tomorrow comes, this day will be gone forever. In its place is something that you have left behind...Let it be something good." AUTHOR UNKNOWN

Replies

• drlindle
    drlindle Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi, yes I'm game! 74.6 kg this morning. Aiming to be 65kg by the end of November. Thanks for the inspiration and good luck!
  • hillcrestbaby
    Options
    Yay drlindle!! Thanks for coming along and all the best to you. We can do this and two are better than one!
  • mfchilambi
    mfchilambi Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hi am game....at 82.7kg today and amining for 77kg by 15th November 2015....so ready for this
  • rune1990
    rune1990 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Sure I'll play! Hopefully it will inspire me to get off my duff and enjoy this beautiful fall weather :)

So I will start tomorrow, as Wednesday is my 'official' weigh in day! And 8 weeks puts me at November 25. I'm sorry, I never mean to be difficult!! :blush:

CW- 190.6 (weight in is tomorrow, I will have to update!)
    Would like to loose no less then 1.5 LBS per week, so
    MiniGW-178

Wow now that would be awesome!!!
  • Stacescotty
    Stacescotty Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone :)
    CW: 172lbs
    GW: 156lbs
  • krithsai
    krithsai Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm in!

CW: 184.4 lbs
    GW: 170 lbs

Is there some way to favorite this post so I can find it easily next week?
  • hillcrestbaby
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Yay!! I'm so glad you are all in krithsai, stacescotty, rune1990, mfchilambi, You all have a great goals and I know we can do it!

That's a good question about finding the post easy...I think in your settings for myfitnesspal you can add a notice if someone has commented on a favorite community link--I'll check into this!
  • hillcrestbaby
    Options
    krithsai wrote: »
    Hello! I'm in!

CW: 184.4 lbs
    GW: 170 lbs

Is there some way to favorite this post so I can find it easily next week?

• hillcrestbaby
    Options
    Yay!! I'm so glad you are all in krithsai, stacescotty, rune1990, mfchilambi, You all have a great goals and I know we can do it!

That's a good question about finding the post easy...I think in your settings for myfitnesspal you can add a notice if someone has commented on a favorite community link--I'll check into this!

• hillcrestbaby
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I found the simplest way to find our Fall Weight Loss Challenge page...

Go to Community, at the top of the page you'll see an icon on the far left that looks like a message, click on that and drop down to MY DISCUSSIONS. You should find whatever recent community link you have been in. Find our group and then GO back to the top of the page look for the STAR icon and click on this so you'll have a favorite!

Let me know if this works for everyone!
  • hillcrestbaby
    Options
    rune1990 wrote: »
    Sure I'll play! Hopefully it will inspire me to get off my duff and enjoy this beautiful fall weather :)

So I will start tomorrow, as Wednesday is my 'official' weigh in day! And 8 weeks puts me at November 25. I'm sorry, I never mean to be difficult!! :blush:

CW- 190.6 (weight in is tomorrow, I will have to update!)
    Would like to loose no less then 1.5 LBS per week, so
    MiniGW-178

Wow now that would be awesome!!!

• hillcrestbaby
    edited September 2015
    Options
    You're goal is awesome rune1990 and you are not difficult and your goals are good!
  • jayjay_90
    jayjay_90 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I'm in :)

CW: 164
    Looking to keep to a minimum 1lb/week loss so,
    GW: 156

I can't remember the last time I saw that number, so this would be a huge deal for me ☺️
  • katozzz
    katozzz Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Totally in!!

Current weight 62.5kg
    Goal weight 57kg

<3
  • antipollution744
    Options
    hey, I'm game too ☺️ weight: 127 and goal weight 114!
  • Toria718
    Toria718 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    im in, just got my blood-work done at the drs to see if there is anything medically off with me, im not losing as i should be and easily gain back 5-10 lbs at a time that take months to come off. i do not over indulge often and my calories are set at 1600. Dr says I should definitely be losing based on my activity and such. This is the new jump-start I need to get re-motivated.
    cw 195
    challenge gw 182
  • bcarranza011
    bcarranza011 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I want to join! I signed up for a 5k on Nov 8 and I have just started the C25K, but I would like to lose 20lbs.
    CW 204
    GW 184
  • Fit4Evha
    Fit4Evha Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Gulp....
    OK...here's my accountability.
    1lb a week
    182 if I'm correct.
    BTW....this is my first day with the app.

• janabowen12
    janabowen12 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm game!
    CW 210
    GW 180
    1.5lbs a wk
  • melissa_ky2012
    melissa_ky2012 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm in....!!!! :smiley:
    Current weight: 238.6