12345679»

Replies

• Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    MoiAussi93 wrote: »
    Lourdesong wrote: »
    MissAmyx wrote: »
    Before Starbucks was run out of town in Melb I managed to try one of the pumpkin spiced lattes and OH.MY.GOD! it was one of the single most foulest things i've ever had the misfortune to taste that and pumpkin pie...holy crap that stuff is so nasty i do not get you americans with your love of all things pumpkin spiced, peanut butter flavoured or cinnamon flavoured (A so called "friend" gave me a piece of big red chewy gum once, it nearly made me cry WHY would you make cinnamon flavoured chewy?! so wrong!)

Heh, I love it when someone around me is chewing Big Red or pulls out a stick of Big Red from their pocket. They're like a walking air freshener making more than just their breath smell nice. The gum is quite spicy almost to the point of burning, though.

I love Big Red! But I am a little fanatical about cinnamon in general. I'll add it to all kinds of things, and if it's in a recipe I usually double or triple the amount called for.

I add cinnamon (and sometimes nutmeg) to new vacuum cleaner bags. I really love cinnamon.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Caitwn wrote: »
    Before Starbucks was run out of town in Melb I managed to try one of the pumpkin spiced lattes and OH.MY.GOD! it was one of the single most foulest things i've ever had the misfortune to taste that and pumpkin pie...holy crap that stuff is so nasty i do not get you americans with your love of all things pumpkin spiced, peanut butter flavoured or cinnamon flavoured (A so called "friend" gave me a piece of big red chewy gum once, it nearly made me cry WHY would you make cinnamon flavoured chewy?! so wrong!)

Heh, I love it when someone around me is chewing Big Red or pulls out a stick of Big Red from their pocket. They're like a walking air freshener making more than just their breath smell nice. The gum is quite spicy almost to the point of burning, though.

I love Big Red! But I am a little fanatical about cinnamon in general. I'll add it to all kinds of things, and if it's in a recipe I usually double or triple the amount called for.

I add cinnamon (and sometimes nutmeg) to new vacuum cleaner bags. I really love cinnamon.

I put cinnamon in vacuum cleaner bags too =P

Breakfast lately has been Greek yogurt + pumpkin puree + chopped apples + cinnamon + a spoonful of crystallized ginger + a teaspoon of maple syrup. Sheer heaven.

And those pumpkin spice English muffins are fantastic with apple butter. Just sayin.

Or pumpkin butter. I need to buy more and try Trader Joe's pumpkin spice pie cookie butter on them...
  • MommyL2015
    MommyL2015 Posts: 1,411 Member
    Options
    I got some pumpkin spice scented wax melts today and OMG my house smells so freaking awesome, like i've been baking all day long! The particular ones I got were from Febreeze I think. I don't ever want to turn the warmers off!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    I was shocked to see Giant had Pumpkin Spice sugar. Seriously Giant? According to the Impulsive Buy Giant also has a Pumpkin dish soap.

I am pretty much already over the Pumpkin season & only really looking for the Talenti Pumpkin Pie at this point. I've given up trying to find Yoplait's Pumpkin Cheesecake 100 calorie Whips.

I'm ready for the Peppermint, White Fudge Oreo, Talenti Egg Nog (have a box of French Toast Crunch to mix in), Snickerdoodle, Christmas Candy, & drinkable Egg Nog season.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    Caitwn wrote: »

I put cinnamon in vacuum cleaner bags too =P

Breakfast lately has been Greek yogurt + pumpkin puree + chopped apples + cinnamon + a spoonful of crystallized ginger + a teaspoon of maple syrup. Sheer heaven.

And those pumpkin spice English muffins are fantastic with apple butter. Just sayin.

I cannot stand the cinnamon pine cones that Wal-Mart sells everywhere! That is cinnamon overkill.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    _Waffle_ wrote: »
    Pumpkin spice yogurt doesn't sound too bad actually. Bread, I can eat nearly any flavor of bread.

Pumpkin spice yogurt is amazing. I tried it last year- Chobani.

Noosa. Hands down the best.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    brower47 wrote: »
    Pumpkin spice yogurt doesn't sound too bad actually. Bread, I can eat nearly any flavor of bread.

Noosa & the Dannon 170 calorie Pumpkin Pies are the best!

I also liked the Yoplait 100 & Dannon 80 Apple yogurts.
  • Francl27
    Options

I tried it last year and was so underwhelmed! Not sure why. Everyone's raving about it.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

I tried it last year and was so underwhelmed! Not sure why. Everyone's raving about it.

It's different from some other yogurts, very rich, almost like a custard. I love it. On the other hand, I'm not a fan of most other yogurts like Yoplait, Activia and Dannon.
  • Francl27
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

It's different from some other yogurts, very rich, almost like a custard. I love it. On the other hand, I'm not a fan of most other yogurts like Yoplait, Activia and Dannon.

Well, supposedly, but it just tasted like every other yogurt to me... so it really wasn't worth the calories.
  • tmartin19710
    tmartin19710 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Add a little sugar free PS coffee creamer to oatmeal. It taste great and adds sweetness so you don't need sugar or splenda.
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Add a little sugar free PS coffee creamer to oatmeal. It taste great and adds sweetness so you don't need sugar or splenda.

Pumpkin spice oatmeal. Hey! I like the sound of that. I'm going to try that out soon. Great idea.
  • tmartin19710
    tmartin19710 Posts: 41 Member
    Options

Pumpkin spice oatmeal. Hey! I like the sound of that. I'm going to try that out soon. Great idea.

Thanks. We have used several of the sugar free creamers for stuff like this. My husband made one of those low calorie mug cakes and poured just a bit of sf marshmallow caramel on top after it was done. Talk about gooey goodness but without breaking the calorie bank
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options
    I came here because this thread failed to inform me that Optimum Nutrition had a limited run of Pumpkin Pie flavor whey protein powder. Back in the fall, I ended up with what I'd imagine was an inferior GNC store brand pumpkin pie flavor protein. For anyone that loves pumpkin pie flavoring, regardless of season, I'll mention that Groupon seems to have bought Optimum's surplus and is selling it now. I just got mine today, and I'll be returning with a flavor report once I've had some.