Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    Stoshew71 wrote: »
    Date Miles today. Miles for October

10/1 6.6 miles - 6.6
    10/2 6.75 miles - 13.35
    10/3 22.1 miles - 35.45

exercise.png

I was only going to go 20 but the weather was awesome (cool and misty) and I was feeling pretty good.

12135438_1647460482206565_987205280_n.jpg

And here I thought for sure I'd be ahead of you at day 3, but nope! Your 22 miler has you way ahead of me per usual! ;) But it's awesome that you felt so good at twenty miles to keep going! And I'm jealous that you can do 22 miles with 300 feet elevation gain; mine are always in the 800 feet+ neighborhood.

Research Park is the only area around that is relatively flat. It's where my 2 of the 3 groups I run with run. I have a big hill that leads into my apartment complex. And my neighborhood is very hilly. I don't mind hills tho, it makes you stronger. Just not every day. LOL

• Stoshew71
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    @Elise4270 We need some cat pics.....

Our 3 cats. The girls up front (Lilly (l) and Pumpkin (r) and our boy cat in the back Tigger. He's like 22 pounds.
    w5MR2Gt.jpg

Aw your bunch looks so well behaved!

Lies! lol They looked that way cause they were begging for food.

• Stoshew71
    edited October 2015
    Options
    ACSL3 wrote: »
    I was trying to post a picture of my cat, Athena, but every time I try to drag the photo over a little box appears in the bottom left corner of the webpage that says it's not allowed. I've never tried to post pictures before. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

u post pictures the same way you do as your ticker. You need to first upload your picture to a website and get the URL for it (the thing that starts with http). Then surround the URL with the img and /img tags.

• Stoshew71
    Options
    snha wrote: »
    Date Miles today. Miles for October

10/1 6.6 miles - 6.6
    10/2 6.75 miles - 13.35
    10/3 22.1 miles - 35.45

exercise.png

I was only going to go 20 but the weather was awesome (cool and misty) and I was feeling pretty good.

12135438_1647460482206565_987205280_n.jpg

I see you ran out of routes and had to go in circles, eh? :smile: Awesome job. I am not sure I'd ever be able to run the long distances you're running, but, hey, that's okay too :smile: Seriously though, watching from here motivates me to no end!

And, @kristinegift your runs are amazing too. I can't believe you run twice in a day and keep going! Awesome!

Yeah, the original route was for 20 then I ran in circles for 2 more miles. lol
    Plus there was a 10K and 5K going on in the same area that I was trying to stay away from.

Can you believe that I started in October of 2013 doing only 3 miles on the treadmill 3x a week? Then I built up slowly and steadily. I think most of you guys can do it, but it takes determination and patience. Just build up slowly. And you don't even have to run them fast. When I started, the fastest I could run that far was like mid 10 minute paces all the way up to 12 minute paces. I just progressively got faster in the last year and a half. Mostly from staying with the high mileage.

• rogue024
    rogue024 Posts: 1,484 Member
    Options
    October goal: 45

10/1 - 2.2 miles
    10/3 - 3 miles

October: 5.2 of 45 miles completed

Everyone's pets are so adorable! @ACSL3 - I used to have a cat named Athena. She was a mix of Russian blue and Siamese. I miss her every single day. For now I have a young cat who loves to take walks outside. This was him after a walk and you can see he was still on his leash lol.
    07i96li5p3iz.jpeg

• mwyvr
    mwyvr Posts: 1,883 Member
    Options
    BVVP asserts itself on a perfectly fantastic (weather wise) running day, so cut mine short, very short. After coaching soccer enjoyed an unheard of nap instead. Let's try yet another maneuver!

exercise.png
    +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
    Month to date:		016.06 km
    Minimum Goal:		282 km / 175 miles (6% completed)
    Stretch Goal:		322 km / 200 miles (5% completed)
    +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
    Oct 03 01.60 km Ugh
    Oct 02 14.46 km Screw BPPV I'm running anyway
    Oct 01 -----    Day off dealing with BPPV

• melaniefave41
    melaniefave41 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Loving all the animal pictures!!

@ceckhardt369 Willow is part beagle, only met the mom, dad was a mystery, but I'm pretty sure he was a lab. She acts all beagle! Very scatterbrained! Your crew looks like a great bunch!

I got five very wet miles in on the trails today. Takes me to 8.5/90.
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    @rogue024 aww, thats a super picture!

@Stoshew71 you give me hope. I've been at it for about a year, really 9 months solid. Apparently my I started behind the 8 ball with my gimpy self. I'm hoping, a year from now to be embracing some real running..

I'm ready to rock this month!
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options

Our 3 cats. The girls up front (Lilly (l) and Pumpkin (r) and our boy cat in the back Tigger. He's like 22 pounds.
    w5MR2Gt.jpg

Lol! Cats don't beg. They use mind control!
  • HonuNui
    HonuNui Posts: 1,464 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    October goal 75 miles

10/1 big fat...REST day
    10/2 3.15
    10/3 4

Total 7.15
    @ACSL3 : when you post into the box, a bunch of icons are at the top. One looks like a black sheet of paper with a folded corner. Click on that and a dialog box opens which allows you to browse your computer for pic, then upload the one you want (It used to be as stoshew states, but the last forum update made it much easier to post pics)

Ticker is my goal for 2015 and accumulation to date:

exercise.png

• shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,395 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Wow - I have been away for a few days and I have missed so much here! Welcome back everyone and to all the newbies!! Loving everyone's pet pictures!

I ran 8.44 miles on the 1st, was off on the 2nd and spent all day in the car driving to Flagstaff, AZ. Had an absolutely glorious 6.12 mile run today in the crisp 38F morning air. The 3 miles out the elevation was kicking my butt but the return was wonderful and for all of it the scenery made it all worthwhile! I will get my ticker up when I get home tomorrow.
    tyetz3grw4j9.jpg
    Hobbes the Vizsla gets to be a trail dog like Kady (@mwyvr)
    12wv7os76eb0.jpg
    Hobbes after the run and a drink of water
    od4mph54ihiy.jpg
  • DaveThomas1901
    DaveThomas1901 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Early morning run before work today
    1/10 6.2
    4/10 6.68
    total 12.88
    target 50 miles
  • annekka
    annekka Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    snha wrote: »
    annekka wrote: »
    October Goal—stretch goal 120 km
    10/1—rest getting a cold I think…
    10/2—10.18 km
    10/3—rest, taking care of errands and resting up for…
    10/4–10.73 km

@annekka Excellent runs. So, it's the fourth already where you are? You must be in the far east, eh?

China...just inland of HK. @snha
  • dawniemate
    dawniemate Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    For September I was hoping for 100 miles but ended up on only 53 :neutral: so I've lowered my sights to 60 for October. ..struggling at the moment so need motivation lol. Have a great day wherever in the world you are :smiley:
  • carleeyuill
    carleeyuill Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm in for 75kms (or 46 miles!) Staring tomorrow!
  • kstarallen
    kstarallen Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Had to jump on the pet pic train. Here's Marla and her boyfriend Cooper. Love my little girl.
    She can't come on runs with me yet but she does go on walks of course.

3lop5pt23v5f.jpeg
    whra66dtzetb.jpeg
  • ceckhardt369
    ceckhardt369 Posts: 115 Member
    Options

w5MR2Gt.jpg

That is exactly it!! I had a cookie in my hand and they really wanted it lol.
  • kristinegift
    kristinegift Posts: 2,406 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    10/1: 8 miles am and 6.2 pm with the Thursday crew
    10/2: Rest day
    10/3: 10 miles with Saturday crew
    10/4: 13.1 - Princeton Half Marathon

WHOA GUYS, HUGE HM PR TODAY! Went from 1:53:09 down to 1:43:38! I didn't think I'd do much faster than 1:47, so I was shocked by my time! I paced 7:53 (distance was 13.16 on my Garmin) with pretty even splits, with my last 2 miles being my fastest of the whole race. Felt great the whole way and didn't even stop for water! Perfect race conditions: cloudy, 53 degrees and a bit of a breeze. Feeling pretty on-top-of-the-world at the moment!

37.3/220

exercise.png
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,395 Member
    Options
    @kstar_lee - love your brindled baby! She is beautiful!!
    @kristinegift - wow that is a fantastic PR! You really nailed it but you have been working hard for it too!! Congratulations on an awesome race!