October 2015 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• vandinem
    vandinem Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    After yesterday's soul-defeating 6 miles on the treadmill, the weather conspired today on cool temps, a little sun and not much wind, so I had an energizing 11.2 mile long run! Happy happy. Joy joy!
    Date      Miles      MTD
    ------    -----    -----
    Oct 03      6.0      6.0
    Oct 04     11.2     17.2

exercise.png
  • kstarallen
    kstarallen Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    @shanaber thanks! We thinks she's beautiful as well
  • dennie24
    dennie24 Posts: 251 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Congratulations, @kristinegift !!!

I don't usually run on Sundays but today my 7 year old and I did a virtual 5K Patronus race for the Horgwarts Running Club. I love having a little running buddy. :)
    70c703b0-1ebe-4da0-9a82-a21b699cf5bc_zpsvg68or04.jpg
    exercise.png
  • kristinegift
    kristinegift Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    dennie24 wrote: »

I don't usually run on Sundays but today my 7 year old and I did a virtual 5K Potronus race for the Horgwarts Running Club. I love having a little running buddy. :)
    exercise.png

Thanks!

And omg, that is so cute! I didn't know Hogwarts had a running club! ;)
  • salsup317
    salsup317 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday all! Got in 4.3 damp and hilly miles, my last hard run before my race over the Mackinac Bridge next Saturday!

7.5/50
  • Clarewho
    Clarewho Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    Sore hip so not run as much as I wanted this weekend. And I hope the ticker works as I've never done it before...

exercise.png
  • kristinegift
    kristinegift Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    Some friends spectated my HM this morning and got some great pics! Thought I'd share a couple faves :)

djpjxaokdriu.png

About a mile from the finish.

rg249bzszymh.png

Finish line focus!

pnd1y3j362mx.png

And across the line!
  • patrikc333
    patrikc333 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    01/10 - 10.3km
    02/10 - 13.1 miles
    03/10 - 10.3km
    04/10 - 22.1 miles

tot 78/500km

35.6km today, didn't suffer too much after yesterday very fast run

nice day, as usual got assaulted by a dog and owner didn't even apologize...

nevermind, this week I run 2 half marathons, a 22 miles long run and did my PRs for 5k and 10k, so really happy and feeling good

it's amazing how sleeping a bit more makes me improve so much

time to go to bed now, new horrid week ahead :sleeping:
  • ddmom0811
    ddmom0811 Posts: 1,878 Member
    Options
    Oct 1 - cycling class
    Oct 2 - rest - traveling
    Oct 3 - rest
    Oct 4 - 13.1 HM! 2:26:25. A new PR! Only PR, but I'll take it!
    Oct 5 - rest - traveling

First HM today! Had a great time! My daughter decided to run with me, instead of going for her goal. She had been sick for about 8 days and hadn't been able to train for 2 weeks so she didn't want to go for her goal. Plus she said it might be the only time we can run one together. Because next time she'll be going for a goal. It was so great being with her the whole way!

The weather was perfect - like KristineGifts's weather - cold in the morning but low 50s with a breeze/wind most of the way. I didn't push myself -- just slow and steady -- with most miles being 10-11. I felt really great at the end. It wasn't one of those feelings of like "wtf? - where's the finish?" but more of I DID IT!!! This was a Run Like a Diva run and I think they do a great job. Champagne at the end, medals given out by hunks, lots of snacks, lots of support throughout the whole thing.

@kristinegift -- congrats! What an amazing time!!!
    @patrikc333 - the owner didn't even apologize? wth
    @dennie24 - what an adorable picture! Love HP! I read that the military is working on an invisibility cloak. Seriously!

exercise.png

• Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    During training I ran 11+ miles on trails and never had an issue with chaffing. I did set out the Glide (just in case), and forgot to use it. Road running-your (my) thighs rub with each step.... By the end of the race I had bloody thighs... Thankful for large band-aids, neosporin and advil.

Overall my first HM was superb. Perfect weather and good company the first 3 miles, Thanks Yvonna wherever you are.

There were some timing issues. I was told my chip time was 2:23:50, my Garmin says 2:22:23. I'll assume that may be due to the additional distance in a sanctioned race. Garmin says race was 13.37. Really neither here nor there on the time. Very happy. Next year, Ill be faster. Without bloody chafed thighs. Sorry I secretly laughed at all the guys with sore nips...We're even now. :#

Monthly mileage
    16.02/90+

@ddmom0811 Sounds like a great day! congratulations on the PR! I hit mile 10 and was wondering where the finish was- My thighs were on fire! LOL!
  • kstarallen
    kstarallen Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    10/4 -- 1.90mi of a leisurely walk with Marla and baby girl. Quads are killing me from 30DS but surprisingly running helps.
    Looking forward to Tuesday's run.

@kristinegift - great job and fab pics.
  • ewrook
    ewrook Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    exercise.png
  • vandinem
    vandinem Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    @dennie24 So fantastic! A Patronus Running Event! It would be great to be a member of the Hogwarts running club!
  • ACSL3
    ACSL3 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    @kristinegift - wow! Great job! :smiley: And nice pictures
    @ddmom0811 - Nice job on your HM too! Great time! (I say that since my PR is just under 3hrs ;) )
    @Elise4270 - lots of HMs this weekend - awesome job and great time! :)
    @patrikc333 - Ouch! Hope you're okay :/

10/3 - 7 miles (ish), GPS quit on me but calculated using fitbit steps
    10/5 - 2 miles, managed to get myself up early enough to run before going to work. It was a dark, warmer-than-I-expected-but-not-bad 2 mile run

924cf53225a18ab_black.png
  • Ohhim
    Ohhim Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options
    Survived the bachelor party, and got in a longer run with my Sunday morning crew early today. Also got in some speedwork yesterday as I hadn't done much work at pace in a while. Definitely need to resume that, even if I have to sacrifice some of my mileage.

10/1 - 7 miles
    10/2 - 8.5 miles
    10/3 - 4 miles (pace run at 1/2 marathon speed)
    10/4 - 9 miles

Total: 28.5 miles
    Goal: 170 miles
    Remaining: 141.5 miles
  • gabbo34
    gabbo34 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Congrats to all the race runners this weekend! Great job on the times!!

I need to update my ticket....

10/1 - 3.1 miles
    10/4 - 11 miles

14.1 out of 60
  • snha
    snha Posts: 388 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    dennie24 wrote: »

I don't usually run on Sundays but today my 7 year old and I did a virtual 5K Patronus race for the Horgwarts Running Club. I love having a little running buddy. :)
    exercise.png

I have to check if Madison, WI has a Hogwarts Running Club for my kids :) Indeed, very cute!
  • snha
    snha Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    @kristinegift awesome pictures. really. are you sure you didn't pay a professional photographer to take them :) *just kidding of course*
  • melaniefave41
    melaniefave41 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Did a super lazy three miles with Willow today. Sniff and run. I'm ready for a rest day tomorrow, and shocked that I'm saying that.

@shanaber Hobbes looks right at home on the trail!

@Elise4270 Your poor thighs, ouch!

@kristinegift You've got some good friends; nice of them to come and support and super nice to make sure you had some great race photos!

w3cyhtlnvesm.jpeg
  • melaniefave41
    melaniefave41 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Oops... 11.5/90