Options

Replies

• Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    ddmom0811 wrote: »
    Stoshew71 wrote: »
    Way to go @ddmom0811 @Elise4270 and @kristinegift On your HM's. Awesome job!!!

well, I have to thank you for all your advice on here. I was thinking of you and all the people on here that gave such great advice! That's how I made it easily!

I'll second that. I know without the support, advice, and inspiration I wouldn't have been ready for this.

@ddmom0811 thanks for being my virtual training buddy!
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    ddmom0811 wrote: »
    Way to go @ddmom0811 @Elise4270 and @kristinegift On your HM's. Awesome job!!!

well, I have to thank you for all your advice on here. I was thinking of you and all the people on here that gave such great advice! That's how I made it easily!

@ddmom0811 you didn't tell me there were crowns!!!!!! Love the picture!

• tdbernrd
    tdbernrd Posts: 510 Member
    Options

exercise.png

10/1--Workout B & walking
    10/2--Workout C & 3.24 miles
    10/3--10.48 miles
    10/4--rest day
    10/5--4.5 miles
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    tdbernrd wrote: »
    Date Miles today. Miles for October

10/1 6.6 miles - 6.6
    10/2 6.75 miles - 13.35
    10/3 22.1 miles - 35.45

exercise.png

I was only going to go 20 but the weather was awesome (cool and misty) and I was feeling pretty good.

12135438_1647460482206565_987205280_n.jpg

Wow! This is amazing. What kind of GPS device do you use? I like it.

It's a Garmin ForeRunner 220

• tdbernrd
    tdbernrd Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    tdbernrd wrote: »
    Date Miles today. Miles for October

10/1 6.6 miles - 6.6
    10/2 6.75 miles - 13.35
    10/3 22.1 miles - 35.45

exercise.png

I was only going to go 20 but the weather was awesome (cool and misty) and I was feeling pretty good.

12135438_1647460482206565_987205280_n.jpg

Wow! This is amazing. What kind of GPS device do you use? I like it.

It's a Garmin ForeRunner 220
    Thank you! I've found my treat when I finish my first half marathon.
  • melaniefave41
    melaniefave41 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Respecting the rest day overe here.

@mwyvr Are you able to identify Sasquatch scat?
  • Ericsmi
    Ericsmi Posts: 128 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    10/1 4.50 miles
    10/2 3.41 miles
    10/3 2.61 miles
    10/4 8.14 miles

exercise.png
  • kstarallen
    kstarallen Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    10/5 -- 2.27mi with the babe and pup
  • Elise4270
    edited October 2015
    Options

Sounds like that could be a jazz band. Do doo n do do doooo... (Use your imaginations, its funny)

I too am respecting the rest day... It's a struggle. Physical therapist bonked me on the forehead when I told her I ran yesterday... I did however credit the ability to do so to her. I sure didn't want her to think all her work was for nothing. She's fixed me up. Vetoed any strength training. I can do ball work (sheesh, not what it might sound like) :blush: .

• Stoshew71
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »

Sounds like that could be a jazz band. Do doo n do do doooo... (Use your imaginations, its funny)

I too am respecting the rest day... It's a struggle. Physical therapist bonked me on the forehead when I told her I ran yesterday... I did however credit the ability to do so to her. I sure didn't want her to think all her work was for nothing. She's fixed me up. Vetoed any strength training. I can do ball work (sheesh, not what it might sound like) :blush: .

I respected the cutback week so much last week, I did it for 8 days.

How long are you banned from strength training?

• starryeyedsnoozer
    starryeyedsnoozer Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Can I join? I'm new to running so I'll only commit myself to 50 miles, and if I do more it's a bonus!
  • AJLovinLife
    AJLovinLife Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Did not get much done this weekend. :neutral:

exercise.png
  • Stoshew71
    Options
    Can I join? I'm new to running so I'll only commit myself to 50 miles, and if I do more it's a bonus!

Sure, join right in. Welcome!!!
  • Elise4270
    edited October 2015
    Options
    karllundy wrote: »
    Hmmm...photo didn't work. Here it is from a different source:

sxxyxcy1mkdl.jpg

Wow that's pretty pup!

@Stoshew71 She didn't say how long. She feels it loads my spine to much and I still have inflammation, tight muscles and nerve/disc pain. Which probably lead to a torqued pelvis (no bueno, si painful). It all just cascades from there. I'm on the mend, so I'll listen to her. -for now :wink:

I may take a walk later to keep from getting to stiff... May swim later in the week, as suggested by PT guru.
  • Stoshew71
    Options

sxxyxcy1mkdl.jpg

Wow that's pretty pup!

@Stoshew71 She didn't say how long. She feels it loads my spine to much and I still have inflammation, tight muscles and nerve/disc pain. Which probably lead to a torqued pelvis (no bueno, si painful). It all just cascades from there. I'm on the mend, so I'll listen to her. -for now :wink:

I may take a walk later to keep from getting to stiff... May swim later in the week, as suggested by PT guru.

Yeah, try and get as much resistance training as you can in, like swimming, running hills. Can you do body weight exercises like pushups, situps, planks, and what-not?
  • annekka
    annekka Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    October Goal—stretch goal 120 km
    10/1—rest getting a cold I think…
    10/2—10.18 km
    10/3—rest, taking care of errands and resting up for…
    10/4–10.73 km
    10/5—typhoon day, good thing it’s a traditional rest day anyway
    10/6–5.16 km

Decided since I"m not half-training at the mo' to drop my running to three times a week and focus on the quality of my runs and working on picking up my pace etc.
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    Options
    7.0 km run up Pats Creek Trail - All the water ponds were still covered in ICE - Yes I said ICE and not the kind for cocktails - at noon when I went out for a run.

10/04 – 7.1 Km – 7.1 Km – 92.9 Km to go
    10/05 – 7.0 Km –14.1 Km – 85.8 Km to go 14.1 + 237.8 = 251.9 km

exercise.png
  • Elise4270
    edited October 2015
    Options

sxxyxcy1mkdl.jpg

Wow that's pretty pup!

Yeah, try and get as much resistance training as you can in, like swimming, running hills. Can you do body weight exercises like pushups, situps, planks, and what-not?

Planks are OK. I do push ups with my feet on the stability ball. No sit ups. I can do some hip abductor resistance with bands. And I need to strengthen my glutes

Kayaking wasn't vetoed.
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,395 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    @Elise4270, @ddmom0811 and @kristinegift - Congratulations on your races and PRs!! Excellent work ladies! Sounds like all of you had a wonderful time - well... except for the chafing!
    @ddmom0811 - Awesome picture of you and your daughter! I love the tiaras!
    @Elise4270 - You got your buffalo!! Yay!! I hope the legs are feeling better!

Congratulations to any others who had races this last weekend too!
    @juliet3455 - what is a wobble pop? Seems that winter is making an early appearance for you way up north!
    @dennie24 - love that you ran a race with your son! He is adorable!!
    @Stoshew71 - the write up on your running groups is great! Maybe it will encourage even more participation in your area. Although it sounds like it is already very popular there.
    @karllundy - your puppy is beautiful! Is she/he a greyhound? I think Hobbes the Vizsla would love running with her!
    @melaniefave41 and @mwyvr - You guys crack me up! Let us know if you find Sasquatch or his scat... depending on where you are running though it could be Melianie's :) #ishitinthewoods lol
    @Elise4270 - can you do hip raises or bridges? They are good for your hips and glutes. I have also been doing one the trainer showed me with my heels on the ball, hips elevated and then rolling the ball in towards my butt - no idea what they are called though.

I had a great run this morning especially considering I didn't want to go and kept putting it off. It was beautiful out and I am so glad I went. My legs were a bit stiff at first - probably a result of 7+ hours in the car yesterday coming home from Flagstaff. I stuck with it and the result was well worth it. Cool out with a beautiful blue sky after the rain last night and lots of poofy clouds!

Date.......Miles......Total
    10/01.......8.45........8.45
    10/02.......0.00........8.45
    10/03.......6.12......14.57
    10/04.......4.47......19.04
    10/05.......5.39......24.43

exercise.png

9349ld86jkfe.jpg
  • runner_girl83
    runner_girl83 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    kareF wrote: »

Shin splints aren't too bad.. Feeling really good :) How do you tell if its safe to run more days? I would live to run 3-4 days each week but that and slowly increasing distance .. My legs don't adjust to change very well.

Try stretching it with this yoga routine:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lc3haRNn-5I

That is awesome!!! Thank you! :D About to put the little one down for a nap so will try this out! :)

I ran 2km this morning pushing my son in his pram.. Am feeling it all over! :)

3/10 – 3km
    4/10 – 3km
    6/10 – 2km ….. Total 8/40km