Options

Replies

• runner_girl83
    runner_girl83 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    kareF wrote: »
    3/10 - 3km
    Add a few miles slowly. I initially set a time goal. You can use the 10% rule. Or if you run twice a week for two week's you can add 2 miles. That can be another days run, or you can add mileage.

Wierd- I messed something up here!

Thanks Elise! :) That's what I was thinking.. I ran 2km today.. I am feeling a little sore though I'm pretty sure that has something to do with pushing 20kg extra (3yr old and pram) :)
  • kristinegift
    kristinegift Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    @shanaber That pic of the trail and puffy clouds is absolutely gorgeous!
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    @shanaber yes, bridges are prescribed. I'm to hold off on the single leg bridges. Sounds like I'm doing the ball thing you describe. Today was shown a" Supergirl" on the ball. Knees on the ground, ball in front, toes against the wall and launch over the ball with arms in "super" pose.

Thanks everyone, @Stoshew71. I'm so happy to be moving forward, finally have a plan and an understanding of what I've been battling the last 3.5 years. Hip surgeon next week, I'd decided if he recommend surgery I'd do it. But now, with my pelvis untorqued, the hip tears are tolerable. And I ran a HM! I may rethink my options.
  • Ohhim
    Ohhim Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options
    Just catching up on weekend posts - @kristinegift @ddmom0811 and @elise4270 congrads on the races!

Just got in another 8.5 miles today as the weather was perfect up north. Hoping I'll still be here after Wednesday's game, otherwise, my bike will be getting lots of extra use.

10/1 - 7 miles
    10/2 - 8.5 miles
    10/3 - 4 miles (pace run at 1/2 marathon speed)
    10/4 - 9 miles
    10/5 - 8.5 miles

Total: 37 miles
    Goal: 170 miles
    Remaining: 133 miles
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    Options
    @shanaber You asked - What is a wobble pop? I thought everyone knew what it is. @mwyvr said it in his latest Profile " I run for beer" and what else would cause everyone to be a little rough

Yes Winter is making an early appearance but it's situation normal for us. We will get a few cold spells and then some Mild temps for a while. The standard comment is " Parents design their kids Halloween Costumes so it will fit over top of their winter clothes".
  • CrimsonWhite
    CrimsonWhite Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I've been a complete slug the last week. So I'm starting late and will go for 42 miles. It seems rather random but it's a little more than my previous goals and I am starting late.
    10/5 3.5miles out of 42 miles total.

And I'm loving all these pet pics too! I'll see if I can attach one of my cutie, Abbie. This was from a couple of weeks ago when she had to stay at the pet hotel. She doesn't run with me-I need to start her on a pooch-2-5K I guess! She's a smiling doggie.

a7wxv0nfem6m.jpg

• ACSL3
    ACSL3 Posts: 623 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    karllundy wrote: »
    Hmmm...photo didn't work. Here it is from a different source:

sxxyxcy1mkdl.jpg

Pretty dog! My family had whippets growing up - rescued once their racing career was over. Greyhounds and whippets are great pets and they love to run ;)
  • melaniefave41
    melaniefave41 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    More pet pics, love them all! Our four legged friends seem to have highjacked the October challenge. ☺️

@shanaber Haha! #ishitinthewoods mostly in Ohio and Indiana. @mwyvr shouldn't worry about me messing up his Merrells. Beautiful picture though, Bob Ross would love those clouds!!
  • mwyvr
    mwyvr Posts: 1,883 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    @shanaber > @melaniefave41 and @mwyvr - You guys crack me up! < - thank you, we'll be appearing here all month!
    @Stoshew71 Congrats on making the papers!

No run for me, taking a break day. Saw Neil Young in concert this evening, he's looking pretty fit and vibrant still. Wonder if he runs?

Whether or not one agrees with Neil's views on social, economic or political issues we can probably all agree that he's given the world a huge and varied body of work. I'm going to hum this one while running in the morning and then move on to Down By The River once I reach the river. :smile:

Long May You Run
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYna-UAt75c

Long may we all run!
  • patrikc333
    patrikc333 Posts: 436 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    01/10 - 10.3km
    02/10 - 13.1 miles
    03/10 - 10.3km
    04/10 - 22.1 miles
    05/10 - 10.3km
    06/10 - 13.1 miles

tot 109/500km

a nice HM to start the day, with a decent pace as well

Initial couple of kms are always tough, but I got used to it now, I think it's normal considering it is before 5am and I was in bed less than half an hour before

then things improve, and most importantly the episodes of mental weakness are less now

after yesterday sad run today I feel full of energy

the only negative is that I've got overheated, and it's the second time it happens, luckily there was a bit of breeze that cooled me down eventually (obviously it's raining, don't even doubt about that!)

looking forward to tomorrow, my favourite route, will see if I got time for another HM, I wish I could go for another long run right now (curious to see when my knees will fell off lol :sweat_smile: )
  • starryeyedsnoozer
    starryeyedsnoozer Posts: 89 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Can't work out how to do the ticker thing, I'm a bit of a technophobe
    So my runs are as follows
    1/10 3.72 miles
    3/10 3.28 Miles
    5/10 2.4 miles

Not getting much done as my son is off school having had an operation, and my husband is working crazy long hours.
  • MamaMollyT
    MamaMollyT Posts: 197 Member
    Options

exercise.png

• Mari33a
    Mari33a Posts: 1,103 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    I'm in for 50 miles

01/10 3 miles
    05/10 3 miles
  • jtarmom
    jtarmom Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    10/2 - 4.16 miles
    10/3 - 6.22 miles
    10/5 - 3 miles

exercise.png[\img]
  • ddmom0811
    ddmom0811 Posts: 1,878 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    @shanaber - wow, that picture is so beautiful.
    @mwyvr - love the video. I agree - Long may we all run!

Flew home yesterday and funny thing happened. I put my HM medal in my purse and when I did, I thought I hope this doesn't set off alarms at airport. Sure enough when my purse was going through the scanner I see the lady stop it... back it up. Study the screen. She calls someone over, they study the screen. Meanwhile the line is growing behind the conveyor belt. Then they pull my purse out and ask if it is mine. I had to go over to the side while the security guy picked through my purse. I said "it's my MEDAL! I ran a half marathon!" It's huge and heavy and has 5 prong type things for the crown (you can sort of see it in my picture). It probably looked like brass knuckles (never seen those in person, but just imagining how they would look, lol). I told him I wanted to wear it in the airport but I knew it couldn't go through security. The guy laughed when he saw it and congratulated me. :smiley:

Oct 1 - cycling class
    Oct 2 - rest - traveling
    Oct 3 - rest
    Oct 4 - 13.1 HM!
    Oct 5 - rest - traveling
    Oct 6 - cycling class *** wish I had run when I left for work and felt the temps! Hope it's nice tomorrow!

exercise.png

• kristinegift
    kristinegift Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    10/1: 8 miles am and 6.2 pm with the Thursday crew
    10/2: Rest day
    10/3: 10 miles with Saturday crew
    10/4: 13.1 - Princeton Half Marathon (new HM PR!)
    10/5: 5 miles recovery style
    10/6: O Holy Rest Day........

42.3/220

exercise.png

• GillianLF
    GillianLF Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    My first running challenge.
    I'm at 5.9/50. Still a way to go but I'll get there!
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    Options
    Can't work out how to do the ticker thing
    @starryeyedsnoozer Go to the first page of this Post where @Stoshew71 has it detailed under *******OPTIONAL TICKER*************. From what I have seen most people misplace the img tags or copy and paste the wrong links.
    Sorry that your son had to have surgery - glad to hear that he is at home which means he is well on his way to recovery. Looking at your log - nothing wrong with your running accomplishments - run - rest - run - rest - run.
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    @Stoshew71 and anyone else that may know..

We discussed my calorie goal a few days back- I was at 1450/day and not losing. I upped my calories the 3 days going into the HM, ran surprisingly well yadda yadda. Still on an increased calorie intake ~2000 (hungry), and I have definitely lost some fat. Is this an indication that I might consider increasing calorie intake maybe to 1750? Or is this typically of the repair process post big run?

My scale hasn't bugded, so I don't think it's hydration. I'm leaner through the middle and my quads are more defined.

I'm thinking I've put myself in deficit/starvation-ish mode without knowing it at 1450. Little reluctant to get back to 1400ish...
  • chicoadm07
    chicoadm07 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    October 1-5 25 1/2 miles down! 119 1/2 left!!!