Worst thing you've eaten since dieting?

Options

Replies

• sunshinestater
    sunshinestater Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    1/3 of a container of Ben & Jerry's Everything But The... ice cream yesterday. Somehow I just had a major urge to splurge. I don't see what I do as "dieting," though, so nothing is forbidden. The bad thing wasn't eating it but that I wasn't able to get out for a run to work it off.
  • rabblerabble
    rabblerabble Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Have to be the equivalent of about 4 rolls of Sushi when my team at work was treated by management to an all you can eat sushi lunch last Friday. (Low fat but it was a lot of white rice all at once).

At least it was really good sushi. Have to get back to being better this week.
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    Taco Bell - Cantina Vag burritos. Yummy. :tongue:

...WHAT? Is that on their regular menu, or a "special"?
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Have to be the equivalent of about 4 rolls of Sushi when my team at work was treated by management to an all you can eat sushi lunch last Friday. (Low fat but it was a lot of white rice all at once).

It was AYCE and you only had 4 rolls?

If people are just equating high cals with bad, then mine would prob be 25ish burgers + ice cream + donuts + beer
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    I won't say "worst" since food is food. Some is healthier, some is less healthy.

But the Fro Yo thing is a regular treat for me and my hubby on date night.

That and alcohol. On our Honeymoon in Playa del Carmen, we had a bar at EVERY pool, every beach, in our room, at every restaurant. All you had to do was tip. fantastic. We consumed more alcohol in one day than we usually do in three-four days...and it was awesome.
  • BluejayNY
    BluejayNY Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Worst singular item I have eaten since losing 50 lbs is chocolate chip paradise pie at Chilis. I have read it is at least 1600 calories even though myfitness pal puts it at 1,250. I ate it along with texas cheese fries, boneless buffalo wings, steak fajitas, and half a free chocolate milkshake. I have no idea what that meal ended up adding up to.

One bad day, hell even a few bad days will not make you fat. At least they do not in my experience.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options

It was AYCE and you only had 4 rolls?

If people are just equating high cals with bad, then mine would prob be 25ish burgers + ice cream + donuts + beer

High calories is bad, but that doesn't do it for me. My hot dog was processed meat with trans fat. The 2 worst things to eat IMO.
  • hollyrayburn
    hollyrayburn Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    I tried one of those Walden Farms 0-calorie dressings once. It was rancid.

oh no! I just bought that! LOL
  • SmileyJ23
    SmileyJ23 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Father's Day. Made my DH dinner. Saved the calories all week and splurged big time.

Prime steak with roasted new potatoes stuffed with smoked salmon and mascarpone cheese. Side of micro green salad with roasted pear and goat cheese. Finished it all off with a dark chocolate and bacon cake with maple frosting. Somewhere in the neighborhood of 2000 calories for just that meal.

Pasta Carbonara the week before came in a close second.

Yum!!!!!!
  • foot1647
    foot1647 Posts: 92
    Options
    Worst thing I've eaten as in flavor or calories?

Calories is probably an entire to go thing of Chinese food... but it was delicious!

Worst flavored thing was some spinach I way over cooked and it was just rubbery and tasted really odd. I like my spinach barely cooked, raw is best.
  • glin23
    glin23 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I don't ban foods, so I guess a lot of things. Recently though would be probably atleast 70% of a BJ's Pizookie.
  • Bama56
    Bama56 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    not on a diet, diets are bad for you, lifestyle change is the way to go. but the worst thing I've eaten in the last 4 years is red velvet cake during the holidays, because i have no willpower against the damn stuff.
  • bcattoes
    Options
    not on a diet, diets are bad for you, lifestyle change is the way to go. but the worst thing I've eaten in the last 4 years is red velvet cake during the holidays, because i have no willpower against the damn stuff.

Diets are not bad. I've been on diet since Jr. High when I first started caring about my looks. I believe wholeheartedly that it's why I never became obese, why I spent the majority of my adulthood a thin person and why I currently don't have the health problems many others my age have.
  • Bama56
    Options
    i wouldn't really call that a diet though, that is what i consider a lifestyle change. diets in most people's eyes are a temporary thing to achieve a goal, and not very sustainable.
  • Moya6512
    Moya6512 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I ate a poptart and ice cream sandwich. Got the recipe off MFP forum! It was peanut butter and choc pop tarts with buter pecan ice cream. Did it two days in a row! Ate like a rabbit all day to have room for that 500 calorie dessert.
  • bcattoes
    Options
    i wouldn't really call that a diet though, that is what i consider a lifestyle change. diets in most people's eyes are a temporary thing to achieve a goal, and not very sustainable.

A "change" sounds more temporary than a diet. How long can you be changing something before it ceases to be a change. I haven't changed my diet in decades, and changes I have made have been minor tweaks. When asked if I'm on a diet my answer has and always will be "Always".
  • Bama56
    Options
    do what works for you...
  • ashleyisgreat
    ashleyisgreat Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    The bug that flew into my mouth while I was running :sick:

It was disgusting and got stuck in the back of my throat :sad:

I had to flush it down with my water:frown:

OMG. This made me laugh, but only because I have had something similar happen. So, so gross.
  • MsEndomorph
    MsEndomorph Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I made eggplant Parmesan last week, and man was that decadent!
  • atb0821
    atb0821 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I ate a poptart and ice cream sandwich. Got the recipe off MFP forum! It was peanut butter and choc pop tarts with buter pecan ice cream. Did it two days in a row! Ate like a rabbit all day to have room for that 500 calorie dessert.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.