I have a gym crush he's caucasian and I'm mix ! Help!

Options
porcelain_dj
porcelain_dj Posts: 14 Member
edited October 2015 in Chit-Chat
Ok so I have a hug crush on this guy that goes to my gym. I workout 4 days a week and 3 out of the 4 day I'm there he is also there. When I go to the gym I'm extremely focused and he is too. It all started about a month and a half ago. I was working out with one of my co workers . We were just chit chatting about how to build muscle in my problem areas when my crush (not at the time) walked by. My co worker stated to me that my crush use to be extremely skinned and now he is just godly lol like a Greek god !!! He's about 6'3 ,caucasian ,blonde hair , blue eyes and slim built. Ever since that day I started to notice him more and more. About a week and a half after that I was working out my triceps. I looked in the mirror to make sure my form was correct and then I saw him looking at me in the same mirror but then he quickly turned his head . Ever since then I can feel him looking at me and when I decided to look back he looks away. I'm extremely shy to say anything and when I hype my self to say something I chicken out big time . In my gym there's a private room with punching bags , ropes and TRX equipment. I was working out on one of the stands and I had my head phones in just jamming. He came over and point basically asking if I was done and I just waved it off like yea I'm done. Big mistake ... That was like my chance but I never took off my headphones. But lately for the last week I've notice him workout closer and closer to me. I don't know if I'm over thinking that he might be interested because I'm so interested in him. Should I say anything to him? I don't know if he is even attracted to me . I'm a very pretty woman inside and out but I'm mix with Peruvian , Jamaican and Native American and I'm on the browner side. I'm curvy built 36-27-43 . I started at 179 now I'm 159 !!!! So I don't know if he is interested in another race . I'm down with the swirl life lol( interracial dating) but I never been hit on by a white guy before. And I am so scared of rejection because I never put myself in the position to be rejected. So what should I do!!!! I need help!!!! Serious answers please!!

Replies

• arkowalyshyn
    arkowalyshyn Posts: 132 Member
    Options

Where are you? I'm in Canada (caucasian )and I wouldn't have even thought about the mixed / interracial difference. Here there is such a mix of everyone from every ethnicity from an early age that it's not even a thing. Some people have blue eyes, some have brown, some skin is darker, some people are taller.
    Speak up, or you'll always wonder. Good luck, though I'm sure you don't need it.
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    break up
  • devilwhiterose
    devilwhiterose Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    I'd like to think that we're a modernized enough society where this really shouldn't be a factor.

Just talk to the guy.
  • TabithaCheesecake
    TabithaCheesecake Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    I have nothing to offer other than I just love a good romance story!!! *claps hands in excitement for you*
  • porcelain_dj
    Options
    @
    ejinvt wrote: »
    If he's checking you out, I'd say there's a good chance he's interested. Talk to him. Humor is a good place to start. While you're jamming out, maybe stop and ask if he likes New Kids On The Block, too? (or something silly like that to make him smile and catch him off guard, a bit. Idk, I'm old and unattractive so I have always had to find ways to initiate conversation with women. You are beautiful. I'm sure it will go fine.

Lol I may just do that and thank you. And don't down yourself there's other ways to be attractive other than our outer shell
  • porcelain_dj
    Options
    Where are you? I'm in Canada (caucasian )and I wouldn't have even thought about the mixed / interracial difference. Here there is such a mix of everyone from every ethnicity from an early age that it's not even a thing. Some people have blue eyes, some have brown, some skin is darker, some people are taller.
    Speak up, or you'll always wonder. Good luck, though I'm sure you don't need it.

I live in north east Florida . But the city I live in you do not see a lot of interracial couples. I guess I'm super nervous because I never been approached by other races only black men. And thank you
  • porcelain_dj
    Options
    pookie1983 wrote: »
    I have nothing to offer other than I just love a good romance story!!! *claps hands in excitement for you*

Lol me too!!! I've been reading all of these type of threads and one I get to the end there's like no ending whether the girl finally got the "balls" to say something and what happened after ... I'll definitely keep you posted ☺️
  • porcelain_dj
    Options
    I'd like to think that we're a modernized enough society where this really shouldn't be a factor.

Just talk to the guy.

I know .
  • hannibalholt89
    hannibalholt89 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    its 2015 just talk to him that shouldn't even be a thought in your mind as far as color your a pretty girl have some confidence.
  • porcelain_dj
    Options
    @
    If he's checking you out, I'd say there's a good chance he's interested. Talk to him. Humor is a good place to start. While you're jamming out, maybe stop and ask if he likes New Kids On The Block, too? (or something silly like

Well, I am fortunate to have a wonderful and beautiful woman who loves me for me, so I'm good! Good luck and keep us posted!!
    @
    If he's checking you out, I'd say there's a good chance he's interested. Talk to him. Humor is a good place to start. While you're jamming out, maybe stop and ask if he likes New Kids On The Block, too? (or something silly like that to make him smile and catch him off guard, a bit. Idk, I'm old and unattractive so I have always had to find ways to initiate conversation with women. You are beautiful. I'm sure it will go fine.

Lol I may just do that and thank you. And don't down yourself there's other ways to be attractive other than our outer shell

Well, I am fortunate to have a wonderful and beautiful woman who loves me for me, so I'm good! Good luck and keep us posted!!

☺️☺️☺️ that's wonderful!!!! I know she's a lucky lady !!! Hopefully I'll get enough guts to approach him ! (Fingers crossed)
  • porcelain_dj
    Options
    its 2015 just talk to him that shouldn't even be a thought in your mind as far as color your a pretty girl have some confidence.

Yes it may be 2015 but people still dislike the fact of interracial dating. And some ppl just don't find other races attractive or there scared of what ppl may think . Me ... I don't care what so ever what ppl think . I'm me ! Lol It's not that I don't have confidence. I just don't want to make myself look like a fool. I neeeeeever approach a guy. So I don't even know how to approach him specially at a gym ! Now if it was at a bar that's a different story. I'll be a little easier since ppl at bars are there to have a good time and you will always meet someone new at a bar but in a gym ..... Idk it just feels weird . But thank you for your opinion I appreciate it☺️
  • ScorpionQwean
    ScorpionQwean Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    Both move to Mass... so many interracial couples here and NO ONE gets bothered.. just saying for those down south who say the North is so bad... ah no. Other than that...ask him to go have a smoothie after the workout...just do it!
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Well, if you never approach a guy instead of at a bar, I'd say that reduces your prospects by half. If you never tried something new that makes you feel a little awkward or weird, you'd have to reject most the workout machines at the gym. Look at this as an opportunity to practice something new.

My daughter is in an "interracial" marriage. She stares down the fools. ("Interracial" is offensive in itself. We're all the same race).

http://lawrencehill.com/black-berry-sweet-juice/
  • porcelain_dj
    Options
    I think it all depends what percentage of Peruvian you are.

Just kidding. You are hot and he is totally interested!!!

Lmbo!! Thank you!!!
  • hannibalholt89
    hannibalholt89 Posts: 101 Member
    Options

Yes it may be 2015 but people still dislike the fact of interracial dating. And some ppl just don't find other races attractive or there scared of what ppl may think . Me ... I don't care what so ever what ppl think . I'm me ! Lol It's not that I don't have confidence. I just don't want to make myself look like a fool. I neeeeeever approach a guy. So I don't even know how to approach him specially at a gym ! Now if it was at a bar that's a different story. I'll be a little easier since ppl at bars are there to have a good time and you will always meet someone new at a bar but in a gym ..... Idk it just feels weird . But thank you for your opinion I appreciate it☺️

yes I get it trust me I am into women of all races, so I have passed up a lot of possible opportunities because I felt there may be an issue due to skin tone and what not. If he is showing some type of interest then just approach him when there is down time and introduce yourself. As a man i can say that is VERY attractive to us because its rare women have the guts to do that. You don't have to go all the way in and ask if he has a gf or anything just plant the seed introduce yourself that will let him know you took the first step now how he reacts will let you know if he is into you.
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    Ok so I have a hug crush on this guy that goes to my gym. I workout 4 days a week and 3 out of the 4 day I'm there he is also there. When I go to the gym I'm extremely focused and he is too. It all started about a month and a half ago. I was working out with one of my co workers . We were just chit chatting about how to build muscle in my problem areas when my crush (not at the time) walked by. My co worker stated to me that my crush use to be extremely skinned and now he is just godly lol like a Greek god !!! He's about 6'3 ,caucasian ,blonde hair , blue eyes and slim built. Ever since that day I started to notice him more and more. About a week and a half after that I was working out my triceps. I looked in the mirror to make sure my form was correct and then I saw him looking at me in the same mirror but then he quickly turned his head . Ever since then I can feel him looking at me and when I decided to look back he looks away. I'm extremely shy to say anything and when I hype my self to say something I chicken out big time . In my gym there's a private room with punching bags , ropes and TRX equipment. I was working out on one of the stands and I had my head phones in just jamming. He came over and point basically asking if I was done and I just waved it off like yea I'm done. Big mistake ... That was like my chance but I never took off my headphones. But lately for the last week I've notice him workout closer and closer to me. I don't know if I'm over thinking that he might be interested because I'm so interested in him. Should I say anything to him? I don't know if he is even attracted to me . I'm a very pretty woman inside and out but I'm mix with Peruvian , Jamaican and Native American and I'm on the browner side. I'm curvy built 36-27-43 . I started at 179 now I'm 159 !!!! So I don't know if he is interested in another race . I'm down with the swirl life lol( interracial dating) but I never been hit on by a white guy before. And I am so scared of rejection because I never put myself in the position to be rejected. So what should I do!!!! I need help!!!! Serious answers please!!

More squats, lunges, and deadlifts.

He's apparently into fit girls, which you are.
  • CasperNaegle
    CasperNaegle Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    First of all you are a beautiful girl.. second yes you are overthinking it. Just talk to him and have a casual conversation. Good luck
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    Both move to Mass... so many interracial couples here and NO ONE gets bothered.. just saying for those down south who say the North is so bad... ah no. Other than that...ask him to go have a smoothie after the workout...just do it!

"Hey, I really like you but don't think we can be together here. Let's move to Massachusetts because a stranger on the internet said it's allowed there."
  • ScorpionQwean
    ScorpionQwean Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options

"Hey, I really like you but don't think we can be together here. Let's move to Massachusetts because a stranger on the internet said it's allowed there."

Um... are u really taking that seriously? Like who the F would move? Ugh... stay incogNEATO bc ur answer was just dumb....
  • porcelain_dj
    Options
    First of all you are a beautiful girl.. second yes you are overthinking it. Just talk to him and have a casual conversation. Good luck

Thank you !!