I have a gym crush he's caucasian and I'm mix ! Help!

Options

Replies

• porcelain_dj
    porcelain_dj Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Both move to Mass... so many interracial couples here and NO ONE gets bothered.. just saying for those down south who say the North is so bad... ah no. Other than that...ask him to go have a smoothie after the workout...just do it!

Yes , down south is totally different than up north. The only thing with asking him for a smoothie after is that i work out at 9:30 pm :(
  • GibsonSG_67
    GibsonSG_67 Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    I have nothing to add.. Other than you're really attractive.. Say something to the guy " hey how's it going?"
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    Both move to Mass... so many interracial couples here and NO ONE gets bothered.. just saying for those down south who say the North is so bad... ah no. Other than that...ask him to go have a smoothie after the workout...just do it!

"Hey, I really like you but don't think we can be together here. Let's move to Massachusetts because a stranger on the internet said it's allowed there."

Um... are u really taking that seriously? Like who the F would move? Ugh... stay incogNEATO bc ur answer was just dumb....

What answer are you talking about? I basically paraphrased what you told her. So..

I read the bolded part like this by the way:
    tumblr_inline_nbwjuiXxOU1reygjb.gif
  • Of_Monsters_and_Meat
    Of_Monsters_and_Meat Posts: 1,022 Member
    Options
    Isn't Netflix and Chill a thing. I know you're down south, but consider Hulu and Chill to get down with this.

*Not affiliated with Netflix, Hulu, Disney–ABC Television Group, Fox Broadcasting Company, or NBC Universal Television Group.
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,641 Member
    Options
    As a white male southerner, I'd say if you really like him, say something to him. Start a conversation. See if it leads somewhere. If it's somebody you'd feel interested in and that you "missed out" if you didn't give it a go, then do it.

But as it sits now YOU are the one being biased for the questions you are asking and not giving him a chance.

• kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options
    Down south? Is this the 50's? Is it still Friday?

Seriously.
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    _John_ wrote: »
    As a white male southerner, I'd say if you really like him, say something to him. Start a conversation. See if it leads somewhere. If it's somebody you'd feel interested in and that you "missed out" if you didn't give it a go, then do it.

But as it sits now YOU are the one being biased for the questions you are asking and not giving him a chance.

1314419480876.cached.jpg
  • Sparky_1113
    Sparky_1113 Posts: 2,886 Member
    Options
    kkenseth wrote: »
    Down south? Is this the 50's? Is it still Friday?

Seriously.

LMAO.. I dont understand this thread.. but mix me a strong one please.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    He used to be skinned?

**cries**
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I've seen bigotry in action even here in squeaky-nice Canada. But I believe you have to go looking for it. Stare the fools down I say.

When my son-in-law attended his citizenship ceremony with wife and child, his family got rude stares and sneers from a pot-bellied white balding ignoramus who apparently was there with his filipino mail-order bride and parents. My daughter stared him down while my son-in-law shrugged, "What are you going to do?"

Not that I have any biases against white middle-aged balding pot-bellied ignoramuses who have to buy their brides.
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    ThomasW13 wrote: »
    i'm a white boy and my ex was a dark skinned girl. i had no ragrets. you should go for it. he may not be interested but if he's a regular type dude, he'll prob go for it too. doesn't mean you have to get married or anything. just give him your number.

You should get that tattooed on your back.

• _John_
    Options
    _Waffle_ wrote: »
    ThomasW13 wrote: »
    i'm a white boy and my ex was a dark skinned girl. i had no ragrets. you should go for it. he may not be interested but if he's a regular type dude, he'll prob go for it too. doesn't mean you have to get married or anything. just give him your number.

You should get that tattooed on your back.

the bold part or the whole message?
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    google "no ragrets..."
  • Backagainbbg340
    Backagainbbg340 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    zcihdqen2hjt.jpg

Ask yourself: what would Clayton do?
  • ilfaith
    ilfaith Posts: 16,769 Member
    Options
    I live in northeast Florida as well, and have no shortage of friends in interracial relationships. I don't think most people would bat an eye. He may or may not have an issue with the color of your skin, but you'll never know if you don't approach him.
  • WarDamnJay
    WarDamnJay Posts: 1,916 Member
    Options
    I've lived in AL, GA or LA my entire life! This is a generational thing. Our parents or grandparents may have had to deal with this kind of stuff but not our generation. I've always had a firm policy when it comes to dating women of color...if she's firm enough I'll date her!
  • _John_
    Options
    zcihdqen2hjt.jpg

Ask yourself: what would Clayton do?
    8fBcTSX.gif
  • for_ever_young66
    for_ever_young66 Posts: 2,878 Member
    Options
    Go for it! Life is short. He could be your Prince Charming but you'll never know if you don't take a risk.