Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Sports your not really good at

124»

Replies

• vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Any sport with rollerblades, or skates, or skies. They just look like a lot of fun but never really tried them.

Sports with skies are hard. The only ones I canm think of are sky diving, base jumping and wing suit jumping

Haha, I see what you did there. I guess Swype decided I meant skies and not skis, forum posting from smartphones is fun.

Though surprisingly, I'm good at sports with skies. I got my jump wings thanks to the Army.
  • happywithme12
    happywithme12 Posts: 477 Member
    Not a sport, but dancing. I have taken a lot of dance classes as an adult, and I'm generally pretty uncoordinated, not very graceful. I'm usually the hippo in the back, but you know what? I love it, I have fun, I burn calories.

Yes that is me. fun but don't look good and who cares

Dancing may not be a "sport" but it works a lot of muscles that you normally wouldn't so its great for fitness and as long as you love it who cares what other people think
  • happywithme12
    I suck at ALL THE SPORTS!

I like playing some sports, usually those that allow me to be aggressive. Is sex considered a sport?

I would say yes sex is a sport so you can add that to a list of sports that you are good at LOL

YES! That's what I was hoping. Now I can say that I'm actually good at a sport! :bigsmile:

LOL you guys are great
  • happywithme12
    thank you all for sharing with me, it seems that basketball is the one sport most of us agree we all suck at, i know i do as well but i like to play for fun especially with the kids.
  • LonLB
    LonLB Posts: 1,126 Member
    Yup, basketball for me too. I'll make maybe 10 of 100 free throws.

So you are saying you could play in the NBA??
  • mank32
    mank32 Posts: 1,323 Member
    folf. my aim is crap but i just want to hike anyway...
  • Bxrlvr73
    Bxrlvr73 Posts: 82 Member
    Basketball, can not do a lay up to save my life!
  • runner2runner
    runner2runner Posts: 1,937 Member
    I've never been good at soccer, no matter how hard I tried to play it. But it always seems like a fun sport and I always try to join with my friends (who're all good at it) when I see them play!!
  • emergencytennis
    emergencytennis Posts: 864 Member
    Swimming. I am Australian and I suck at swimming. For anyone who is not Australian, that is akin to admitting that you cannot talk and stand up at the same .
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member

If 7 foot tall with that shooting percentage, first round pick!
  • happywithme12

LOL
  • ACepero79
    ACepero79 Posts: 711 Member
    Golf. I really tried. Took lessons. Bought decent equipment. Practiced almost everyday. Just never got consistent. So I essentially gave up because the frustration was mounting. And I was paying ridiculous green fees to lose countless balls and end up just taking drops because I didn't want to affect the time of play.

I still have the clubs and I won't give them up. But, I haven't swung a club in years.

I replaced golf with archery. I'm much better at that. Much less of a learning curve. Cheaper to shoot (although the equipment is just as expensive). And I can practice from home with a target bag in the backyard.
  • lostdogg
    lostdogg Posts: 450 Member
    Yard darts.......... No......... Yeah....... Yeah, I'm no good at yard darts........ Thanks for making me relive my crushed dreams of going pro...........:angry:

Lol. Golf, tennis, basketball and too many others to mention. :tongue:
  • Jonesingmucho
    Jonesingmucho Posts: 4,902 Member
    I have never played Cricket, so I'm not really good at it....YET!
  • fShaw86
    fShaw86 Posts: 878 Member
    I love soccer, and play with my son when he's not going for soccer class lol. Hm, I guess we're both good at it. But I know I'd suck big time if I ever attempted to play football. I just can't seem to get my head around the rules!
  • emergencytennis
    emergencytennis Posts: 864 Member
    I have never played Cricket, so I'm not really good at it....YET!

You should put your hand up for selection for Australia - anyone is in with a chance.
  • I can rollerblade, but find rollerskating difficult in that I can never manage to get where I want to go.

I'm terrible at golf. I think playing baseball and softball has conditioned me to swing in a way that is counterintuitive for golf. It's probably just me.

I love swimming but I'm extremely doping looking doing it, and have a hard time maintaining a straight line during laps.
  • dutchman24
    dutchman24 Posts: 108 Member
    Running is no longer an option, now that I'd like to...bad knees, both replaced. Now, I love to walk, swim, and bike! I'm probably best at biking and am turning my attention that way. Am setting my sights on joining the "young bucks" in our church that go out regularly...fast.