Rude Dude Rant

This is to the douche who thought it was okay to scowl at me while I did my 6 mile walk around the lake:

I realize that you are very disciplined and in control, given your extraordinarily large muscles and fabulous physique. However, your orange oompa loompa tan does nothing for you.

I'm so sorry you had to go out walking that day, I'm so sorry you had to get very disappointed that not every chick with a nice face has a perfect body.

And when you scowl at me in disgust because I am a fat *kitten*, remember that I am working hard to change. I was not put on the earth to please you, therefore the fact that you may have had to go home and rinse your eyes out with battery acid after seeing me in my chunky glory, has no bearing whatsoever to my life.

Replies

• brit__2006
    brit__2006 Posts: 201 Member
    I absolutely love this.

I live in a pretty small town, so on my walk I have a stretch of highway to walk. When people holler or honk (im assuming because they think they're funny) I just wave and smile. (Secretly thinking, well they thought I was pretty hot too)
  • harvo
    harvo Posts: 4,676 Member
    You, my dear, are a beautiful lady...Don't let jerks like him have that much power over your emotional state. (hugs)

"The difference between a good day and a bad day it YOUR attitude"

(Oh yeah...helluva walk too)
  • _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    someone allowed themselves to get really offended here...
  • nobadkitty
    nobadkitty Posts: 95
    I always go out of my way to smile at mean people, because they need it the most. So brit, thanks, I am with u 100% on smiling and waving too. :) (Of course they were probably honking cause you're hot!)

Thank you harvo for the compliment and the hug! Very good advice - normally I wouldn't have cared but I was really huffing and puffing on the last leg of my walk, and it was the last thing I needed haha!! So had to get it out - I needed the catharsis. :) And you are so right about attitude, it's everything!
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,228 Member
    How do you know that he was scowling at you because of your size? It could have been any number of things. Maybe you reminded him of his abusive, alcoholic mother??
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Wow.

This...

this is real?
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    How do you know that he was scowling at you because of your size? It could have been any number of things. Maybe you reminded him of his abusive, alcoholic mother??

LOL maybe he was trying to keep from letting one rip in front of you
  • KatLifter
    KatLifter Posts: 1,314 Member

How do you know he wasn't squinting into the sun, or thinking about a problem at work/his personal relationships/etc. There is about a 98% chance he wasn't even thinking anything about you, but you felt the need to post a topic insulting him?
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    So when did you realize you had the ability to read minds? I mean, you have to be able to this or it means this is just you using this guy to reflect your insecurities....
  • brit__2006
    brit__2006 Posts: 201 Member
    Nobadkitty: LOL THANKS
  • scruffykaz
    scruffykaz Posts: 317 Member
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    someone allowed themselves to get really offended here...

I think this has more to do with the OP's self esteem and less about said buff dude....
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member

LOL maybe he was trying to keep from letting one rip in front of you

Or he's really constipated and was wincing...
  • JessieMaeH82
    JessieMaeH82 Posts: 79 Member

How do you know he wasn't squinting into the sun, or thinking about a problem at work/his personal relationships/etc. There is about a 98% chance he wasn't even thinking anything about you, but you felt the need to post a topic insulting him?

I agree with these 2! Don't compare your insides to other peoples outsides. You don't know what he was thinking about.
  • kellykw
    kellykw Posts: 184 Member
    Maybe he was checking you out and trying to look fierce.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    maybe he thought of something he forgot to do/didn't want to have to do, like wash off his orange tan??
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member

therefore the fact that you may have had to go home and rinse your eyes out with battery acid after seeing me in my chunky glory, has no bearing whatsoever to my life.

did he actually SAY he had to go home to wash his eyes out with battery acid?!? I mean, if he did, good googa mooga. If not, then you have a very active imagination.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Personally I find it more rude somebody is so self involved they think some random dude is scowling about you.

Get over yourself and realize don't care all that much. You'll enjoy life MUCH MORE that way.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    I hope you feel better, but I seriously doubt he gave as much thought to you as you think he did.
  • Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    Don't always assume everything is about you. . . I'm quite sure he wasn't scowling because he had to see you while you were walking. Instead, be sympathetic that the could have something bad going on in his professional or personal life and feel sympathy towards him.