Rude Dude Rant

Options

Replies

• UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I once had a jerk in a huge truck honk his horn and yell "FAT *kitten*!" at me when I was walking my dog.

That's happened to me at least twice, on the flip side, I did get wolf whistles too.

The worst was In HS a bunch of guys spit tons of loogies on my car and wrote nasty "fat" notes on my car. Outright miserable feeling! I am happy for anyone who didn't get taunted growing up.

It's the past... leave it behind you.
  • nobadkitty
    nobadkitty Posts: 95
    Options
    I once had a jerk in a huge truck honk his horn and yell "FAT *kitten*!" at me when I was walking my dog.

That's happened to me at least twice, on the flip side, I did get wolf whistles too.

The worst was In HS a bunch of guys spit tons of loogies on my car and wrote nasty "fat" notes on my car. Outright miserable feeling! I am happy for anyone who didn't get taunted growing up.

Thanks for the reminder. Only a fool trips on what's behind her! :)
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    When I run on the track, I usually find myself giving people dirty looks. It has nothing to do with their looks though. It's because I am annoyed by their inability to follow the rules of the track, and keep slow to the inside, and fast to the outside. I usually am ok with it, but then I come across the group that walks together and compleetely blocks the track forcing me to either lose my stride, or cut way inside. The other one's that get the stink eye from me are the ones who space themselves out so I feel like i am running a slalom course zig zagging across the track lanes. Seroiusly. Just follow the rules. I won't be disgusted by you.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options

people get picked on for all sorts of things, i.e. too small, too big, too orange, too loud, too quiet, too this, too that. Generally speaking, that behavior says more about the one(s) doing the picking than the one(s) being picked on. I'm sorry people tortured you. It sucks. Many of us have been there. It is up to us to choose how we move forward from the past, though. We can allow it break us or choose to make ourselves stronger.
  • FearAnLoathingJ
    FearAnLoathingJ Posts: 337 Member
    Options

I don't think there is anyone in the world that hasn't been taunted for one thing or another in their life. When I was in school it was because of my speech impediment ,and I was a little strange
  • cupcakes_and_cardio
    cupcakes_and_cardio Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I can't say much because I'm paranoid myself - although some body languages, facial expressions are pretty easy to read, so I'm not saying you were being paranoid, but is there a chance that maybe you're just too worried about what people think of you for the mere fact that you do not think highly of yourself? Like I said, I can't say much because I tend to be the same way, but sometimes I wonder if it's actually my thoughts about myself that makes me feel like the world is against me, so to speak.
  • Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    I've been fat pretty much my entire life, and for many years I carried around a chip on my shoulder the size of a cement block. I assumed everyone everywhere was judging me, and every scowl, blink, laugh, glance in my general direction was "out of disgust" towards me. A few years ago, I used to walk this trail near my house in New York and would always see the same extremely fit dude jogging every night. He always seemed to be scowling or "looking right through me" so I just assumed it was because of me and my weight. One day months later I was walking and tripped and fell hurting my ankle in the process..he stopped to help me up and was very concerned..even went as far as to help me walk the rest of the way home to my house.

He told me how he noticed me every night but never said anything because I always seemed so angry and he didn't want to bother me. I also found out his wife had suffered a miscarriage and he started jogging as a way to release his stress. This was four years ago and he is one of my good friends still to this day. I learned a lesson that night and I realized that I was judging him the same way I thought he was judging me. I'm not saying everyone is the same, or that legit *kitten* don't exist but you'd be surprised to know how many people are actually rooting for you even if they don't show it and how most of the time the scowling mean mugs really aren't about you. At all.
  • Cese27
    Cese27 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    I wonder if he's started a thread saying how it hasn't affected him,guess not
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options

Now THAT is the way to change your thinking!! :drinker: Best of luck, OP. I know how difficult it is to get past those comments...but once you do, life becomes truly beautiful. :flowerforyou:
  • Tannedtiffers
    Tannedtiffers Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I've had that same glare at me, followed by "Keep running Fat *kitten*" Yes, I was hurt by the comment, BUT, I've lost a crap load of weight and I know that eventually I WILL lose more inches before this is over with. I finally came to the realization that It's my journey, not anyone elses and I'm Pretty Freakin' Proud of ME! So screw that dude.

Girl, don't worry about what he did. He's the one with the issues, not you. Kudos to you for getting that 6 miles DONE! You rock!
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    Ain't no STOPPING us now!!!

I was projecting, I am narcissistic, terrible self esteem, it was a reflection on me, forgive me MFP, for I have sinned and insulted someone AND I am a complete attention-seeking hypocrite! LOVE IT!

The next person who doesn't smile at me when I walk is getting punched.

This is why that may not be a good idea.

real-falcon-punch-funny-pic-guy-punches-girl.gif

That **** looks like it hurts!

as someone who did years of martial arts, I will just say that one's targeting has to be spot on for this to work.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    I totally want to make waffles right now.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I've been fat pretty much my entire life, and for many years I carried around a chip on my shoulder the size of a cement block. I assumed everyone everywhere was judging me, and every scowl, blink, laugh, glance in my general direction was "out of disgust" towards me. A few years ago, I used to walk this trail near my house in New York and would always see the same extremely fit dude jogging every night. He always seemed to be scowling or "looking right through me" so I just assumed it was because of me and my weight. One day months later I was walking and tripped and fell hurting my ankle in the process..he stopped to help me up and was very concerned..even went as far as to help me walk the rest of the way home to my house.

He told me how he noticed me every night but never said anything because I always seemed so angry and he didn't want to bother me. I also found out his wife had suffered a miscarriage and he started jogging as a way to release his stress. This was four years ago and he is one of my good friends still to this day. I learned a lesson that night and I realized that I was judging him the same way I thought he was judging me. I'm not saying everyone is the same, or that legit *kitten* don't exist but you'd be surprised to know how many people are actually rooting for you even if they don't show it and how most of the time the scowling mean mugs really aren't about you. At all.

Really great story. =)
  • 5ftnFun
    5ftnFun Posts: 948 Member
    Options

When I was in 9th grade and got eyeglasses for the first time, a boy told me I looked funny when I put my glasses on. I replied "You look funny when I put my glasses on too." The whole damn class laughed. :laugh:

Hope that made you smile. I still smile when I recall that.
  • nobadkitty
    Options
    I've had that same glare at me, followed by "Keep running Fat *kitten*" Yes, I was hurt by the comment, BUT, I've lost a crap load of weight and I know that eventually I WILL lose more inches before this is over with. I finally came to the realization that It's my journey, not anyone elses and I'm Pretty Freakin' Proud of ME! So screw that dude.

Girl, don't worry about what he did. He's the one with the issues, not you. Kudos to you for getting that 6 miles DONE! You rock!

Thanks for the comment. Way to go on your loss! :) You are so right and deserve to be proud of what you have done. It is every individual's journey. I really shouldn't have judged him, after all, though. Like so many posters said, who am I to judge and the LOOK could have been for any reason. OP learned.

But yes I am going to rock another 6 miles out today - may even push it to 8 this time!!
  • nobadkitty
    Options

Really great story. =)

AGREED! :)) Thanks for sharing!
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    In 7th grade, I was at a class party. I saw a couple of older girls I had a crush on down the street. I went down to talk to them, and after a little bit saw one of my friends come out of the backyard. I called for him, and he looked around and didn't find me. I went back to the party about a half an hour later, and was getting weird looks and snickers from my classmates. A couple of days later, when I returned to school, there was graffiti, and people were taunting me for having been masturbating in the bushes at the party. I was mortified. The more i deniedit, the more they persisted for the rest of the year. I finally just learned to ignore it, and it went away.

Nowadays, it's no big deal, but back then it was a crime to be caught with your crank in hand.
  • sizzle74
    sizzle74 Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    I have a friend like you. She is SO negative and swears all bad things only happen to her and because she is a loser and the world is truly out to get her. :noway:
  • sizzle74
    sizzle74 Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Don't always assume everything is about you...........................

This. This is what I see here daily in rant threads.
  • nobadkitty
    Options
    In 7th grade, I was at a class party. I saw a couple of older girls I had a crush on down the street. I went down to talk to them, and after a little bit saw one of my friends come out of the backyard. I called for him, and he looked around and didn't find me. I went back to the party about a half an hour later, and was getting weird looks and snickers from my classmates. A couple of days later, when I returned to school, there was graffiti, and people were taunting me for having been masturbating in the bushes at the party. I was mortified. The more i deniedit, the more they persisted for the rest of the year. I finally just learned to ignore it, and it went away.

Nowadays, it's no big deal, but back then it was a crime to be caught with your crank in hand.

:P LOL How dreadful! My middle school years were something like out of "Welcome to the Dollhouse" lol