Rude Dude Rant

Options

Replies

• UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Ain't no STOPPING us now!!!

I was projecting, I am narcissistic, terrible self esteem, it was a reflection on me, forgive me MFP, for I have sinned and insulted someone AND I am a complete attention-seeking hypocrite! LOVE IT!

The next person who doesn't smile at me when I walk is getting punched.

Don't be mad at us, you started this ridiculous thread.:laugh:

I think every response on here is fair and deserved. Its why I love MFP. I was asking for it haha! I am kind of an *kitten* for posting and cutting a random guy up over a look. Gonna need years of psychotherapy now. BTW Love your avatar.

I would like this post if it didn't seem dripping with sarcam. But hope you work it out, love! :flowerforyou:
  • FearAnLoathingJ
    FearAnLoathingJ Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    This reminds me of my brother he always thought people were " mad dogging" him ( whatever the hell that means)
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options
    This reminds me of my brother he always thought people were " mad dogging" him ( whatever the hell that means)

I like the expression "mean-muggin".
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    I read the entire thing and never got a response. Don't leave us hanging..... did he or did he not say he was going home to wash his eyes out with battery acid???
  • teelynn35
    teelynn35 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    EPIC!!!! Love your post!!! Some people are just shallow A-holes
    Options

or the evil eye, lol
  • JaneDough_
    JaneDough_ Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    OnVRDJK.jpg
  • mikajao
    mikajao Posts: 30
    Options
    Great vent!

And what is with people choosing to be orange lately? yikes.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options

or the evil eye, lol

This would be the perfect place for a Skitty gif...

Alas, work says no more photo-hosting... *sigh*
  • Refr_Quicksilver
    Options
    Ouch. I work out to relieve stress from my life. Sometimes, I have horrible thoughts in my head, and if I make eye contact at the wrong time it could be perceived as ill will towards the other. I think you look very good... I don't know what you are talking about.

I will avoid the lake from now on... I am sorry...
  • JaneDough_
    JaneDough_ Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    K8r1q0V.gif
    Options
    Great vent!

And what is with people choosing to be orange lately? yikes.

its fun to imitate Oompa Loompas
  • jacquejl
    jacquejl Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I hate it when I'm out running and pass someone, and smile, wave or nod... and get nothing but a stare back. Where I live it's mainly the women that do that, most men will at least nod. I think that some people are rude and others are in their own little world, maybe they didn't even register what you did until after they pass you. If I'm working out really hard I'm lucky if I can breathe let a lone smile. Try not to let things like that ruin your day, it's not worth it. You got out there and did your workout and you should hold on to that great feeling! There is a chick at my gym that never smiles. At anyone. Ever. She is young and gorgeous. When I pass her in the hall I smile and she just gives me this deadpan look. I see her at least 2x per week. I've started smiling bigger at her! = D

I was running last weekend, looking up and nodding, etc., to each passerby. Then I tripped and landed on my face b/c I wasn't looking at the path, instead I was nodding at a few people passing me by. I really bloodied my lip and chin. Please don't take it personal if I don't look up and nod anymore. :flowerforyou:
  • missdibs1
    missdibs1 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Ouch. I work out to relieve stress from my life. Sometimes, I have horrible thoughts in my head, and if I make eye contact at the wrong time it could be perceived as ill will towards the other. I think you look very good... I don't know what you are talking about.

I will avoid the lake from now on... I am sorry...

Fizgiggle
  • nobadkitty
    nobadkitty Posts: 95
    Options
    I read the entire thing and never got a response. Don't leave us hanging..... did he or did he not say he was going home to wash his eyes out with battery acid???

No he didn't say he was going to. And I don't want him to either, he's good looking even behind the scowls. He shouldn't pay for my failure to maintain certain aesthetic qualities.
  • Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    K8r1q0V.gif

LMAO This made me LOL at work. I got odd looks. Too funny!!!
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    You got all this from one scowl? From one look?

How certain are you that he didn't just have gas pains at the same time you noticed him looking in your general direction?
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    Are you sure he was really scowling at you? I've never actually seen this happen in real life, who has the energy and why would he care?

:noway: Ooo...you've never been to NY, have you?

Sure have...and I've jogged through Central Park and I still have never seen anyone giving a "fat person get off the planet look" like the OP is talking about. I'm not talking about someone cutting you off in traffic or something. This kind of **** is in people's heads and it has to do with their self esteem. Nobody is sitting around staring at fat people and wondering why they're working out or wanting them off the planet as the OP says...just isn't reality.

:huh: Riiight. Because we all know that prejudice doesn't exist.
  • moxiecowgirl
    moxiecowgirl Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Ain't no STOPPING us now!!!

I was projecting, I am narcissistic, terrible self esteem, it was a reflection on me, forgive me MFP, for I have sinned and insulted someone AND I am a complete attention-seeking hypocrite! LOVE IT!

The next person who doesn't smile at me when I walk is getting punched.

Yeah, this really isn't helping your case any. Jussayin'.

I have fibromyalgia. When I'm working out, it hurts like a b*tch. I feel like my joints are being ripped from their sockets. It's not conducive to smiling. I have probably been guilty of this kind of expression myself, and more than once, I'm sure it's been inadvertently "directed at" someone because that's just where my gaze happened to fall. Trust me, I'm the last person to judge anyone. You have no idea what kind of injury he may be recovering from, or he just might be irritated that he has to work out and he doesn't feel like it. There are a million reasons for scowling that have nothing to do with you. Your overblown reaction to some fairly mild criticism by MFP standards pretty well illustrates your sensitivity. Guess what? That's not his fault. Just like his scowling wasn't yours. This just shouldn't be such a big deal.

Ask yourself this: had the person doing the scowling been out of shape and visibly struggling, or even just a person with an average body type, would you have thought the same things? Didn't think so. So aren't you just as guilty as you perceive him?

I can tell you from personal experience, having started working out at 335 lbs, and still being "only" 100 lbs lighter, I've not even once had anyone appear to be judging me to my face. I very seriously doubt it was about you at all.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options

No he didn't say he was going to. And I don't want him to either, he's good looking even behind the scowls. He shouldn't pay for my failure to maintain certain aesthetic qualities.

Okay... see there is the problem right there. Stop beating yourself up for the bad choices of your past and start focusing on the good choices you have made for your future.