Family Support

Options

Replies

• fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    we eat the same thing just different portions or il make a seperate protein for myself. My dude is a profesionally athlete and the amount of food he eats is crazy... he also will eat what i make him and thats that.
  • superhockeymom
    superhockeymom Posts: 2,000 Member
    Options
    Hey I miss you guys
    Still no wine well a glass or 2 on the weekend out to dinner but that's it.
    The rest of my life is still a mess actually probably worse. Yesterday I was pretty close to telling the king to go find a new kingdom. It's on my wall if you care to read the story. Anyway have a great day
    Oh and dinner tonight. Both boys to be home and no king should be enjoyable. Pot roast carrots cauliflower and noodles. Good for a cold day. Cheers
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Kimegatron wrote: »
    I'm a vegetarian, so they eat what I cook, and the husband may make a separate meat dish to go with their (husband and our daughter) portion that I made

What types of vegetarian meals do you get your kids to eat @Kimegatron? Pm me please as I want to cook more veg for them as I am concerned about the new meat deregulation law.
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Well I started a surprise Tuesday and no matter what I made everyone agreed to eat it no matter what! Well now 1year later I have my girls eating chicken, hamburger, turkey etc at any dinner I make. My husband will eat most of my vegetarian things for him as he's a veg. But I was cooking 3 meals! SomEtimes 5! I am a bit flexible so occasionally we all eat say tofu n noodles for dinner. If you want dinner at some time start your meal earlier and serve at same time.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Hey I miss you guys
    Still no wine well a glass or 2 on the weekend out to dinner but that's it.
    The rest of my life is still a mess actually probably worse. Yesterday I was pretty close to telling the king to go find a new kingdom. It's on my wall if you care to read the story. Anyway have a great day
    Oh and dinner tonight. Both boys to be home and no king should be enjoyable. Pot roast carrots cauliflower and noodles. Good for a cold day. Cheers

I think we have to be friends for me to see your wall? I sent you a friend request.

I still think you should do couples therapy...you have more leverage than you think.

Congrats on cutting way back on the wine! Are you getting all the support you need to help you with this? How's therapy going?
  • superhockeymom
    Options
    You'll see
  • kshama2001
    Options
    I'd be pissed too, but only if I had clearly communicated my expectations earlier.

For example, "Honey, since you're not working today, would you please be responsible for dinner and taking youngest to practice?"

I'm a control freak when it comes to food and my fiance doesn't always get things right, but isn't getting your husband in the habit of helping worth a little imperfection initially?

Please don't focus on the "impossibility" of your husband being responsible for dinner - my point is about conveying expectations, not the details of the expectations (other than bringing youngest to practice.)
  • superhockeymom
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    I'd be pissed too, but only if I had clearly communicated my expectations earlier.

For example, "Honey, since you're not working today, would you please be responsible for dinner and taking youngest to practice?"

I'm a control freak when it comes to food and my fiance doesn't always get things right, but isn't getting your husband in the habit of helping worth a little imperfection initially?

Please don't focus on the "impossibility" of your husband being responsible for dinner - my point is about conveying expectations, not the details of the expectations (other than bringing youngest to practice.)

The dinner was not really that big a deal it was that he was supposed to do the practice and it was conveyed. If I had know I was taking him I would have made sure I ate not him. Whatever it's all done now.
  • kshama2001
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »

The dinner was not really that big a deal it was that he was supposed to do the practice and it was conveyed. If I had know I was taking him I would have made sure I ate not him. Whatever it's all done now.

Is it typical for him to forget? Does he need more reminders or consequences?
  • Daisies4Days
    Daisies4Days Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    MommyL2015 wrote: »
    My family eats what I cook. If they don't like it, they go hungry or cook their own food. This isn't a restaurant and I don't hand out menus.

Ditto!
  • superhockeymom
    Options
    No he knew just decided I guess he was to busy.
  • superhockeymom
    Options
    Well I took some advise from here regarding dinner. I made lasagna and meatballs yesterday one ate the lasagna one ate the meatballs and bread and my husband ate both everyone had salad it worked out well.
    Tonight nothing planned all in different locations my oldest and husband at work my youngest at practice.

Tomorrow is steak I will eat fish but all the same sides. Rice corn broccoli summer squash

Wednesday something for just me and the boys could be French toast

Thursday pork in the slow cooker with Mac n cheese green beans cauliflower maybe butternut squash

I still cook loads of extra veggies for myself so far it's working out ok.
    If they don't like it they can always have cereal.
  • CoffeeNCardio
    CoffeeNCardio Posts: 1,847 Member
    Options
    Well I took some advise from here regarding dinner. I made lasagna and meatballs yesterday one ate the lasagna one ate the meatballs and bread and my husband ate both everyone had salad it worked out well.
    Tonight nothing planned all in different locations my oldest and husband at work my youngest at practice.

Tomorrow is steak I will eat fish but all the same sides. Rice corn broccoli summer squash

Wednesday something for just me and the boys could be French toast

Thursday pork in the slow cooker with Mac n cheese green beans cauliflower maybe butternut squash

I still cook loads of extra veggies for myself so far it's working out ok.
    If they don't like it they can always have cereal.

Amen to that last. If they don't like it they can GET A JOB and buy and make their own food. Hockey practice is not a job it is a PRIVILEGE made possible by your hard work and hubby's that lots of kids' parents can't afford to give them. If you get any whining perhaps you aught to remind them of that. Good job making changes;) you're on the right track
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    So looking for ideas how to get my family behind my healthy eating habits We rarely eat the same meals I normally cook 2 thing one for my boys and husband and then good food for me. Does anyone else do this? I would love to just cook one thing but there is no way I am eating the stuff they like and I am sure they would say the same.

My rule in my house is you eat what I cook or you don't eat. It's the same when my partner cooks (I eat what he cooks or I don't eat), and when I'm I someone else's house for a meal I eat what they cook.
  • SLLRunner
    Options
    So looking for ideas how to get my family behind my healthy eating habits We rarely eat the same meals I normally cook 2 thing one for my boys and husband and then good food for me. Does anyone else do this? I would love to just cook one thing but there is no way I am eating the stuff they like and I am sure they would say the same.

My rule in my house is you eat what I cook or you don't eat. It's the same when my partner cooks (I eat what he cooks or I don't eat), and when I'm I someone else's house for a meal I eat what they cook.
  • SLLRunner
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Triple post, apparently. :open_mouth:
  • SLLRunner
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Sorry. Double post.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    We heard you the first time @SLLRunner :tongue: :flowerforyou:
  • CoffeeNCardio
    CoffeeNCardio Posts: 1,847 Member
    Options
    We heard you the first time @SLLRunner :tongue: :flowerforyou:

I tots thought you were being nasty for a minute, then I scrolled up and starting laughing hysterically! Good form!