Congrats.
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    progress is never sad.
  • SJLS2013
    SJLS2013 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Way to Go! Keep it up (as long as you can do safely) and you'll be running further and faster in no time
  • lynmat07
    lynmat07 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Great job. You know how inspirational that is for others who have not ran at all. Keep up the good work.
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    Well done, it's the little things (or big things)....That is a great NSV right there.
  • MyJourney1960
    MyJourney1960 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    that is the most UN-sad and UN-pathetic thing i've heard in a long time.

good for you! I remember well the first time i tried to use a cross trainer/elliptical. I thought i was going to die. I looked around me and saw people exercising away and I could barely get through a few minutes. and hey - now *I* am one of those people who exercise for 60 minutes straight ! so yes, we SHOULD congratulate ourselves for every single baby step
  • coffee4me57
    coffee4me57 Posts: 195
    Options
    Congratulations on your success!
  • bacn60s
    bacn60s Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Very good start!!! I am doing the same thing...I walk 3 times a day.. and just started to run a little. .After 2 and half months
    walking I have started to run .. Short runs of 300 yards or so. during my walks.
    Overall it works for me. I have lost 40 lbs since April 11

Bill
  • fleetzz
    fleetzz Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    One month ago I couldn't run to the end of my cul-de-sac (0.2 miles), 2 nights ago I ran the entire block (1.38 miles). I was REALLY SLOW but I did it.
    It is a start and you will only get better.
  • mattschwartz01
    mattschwartz01 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Not pathetic at all! If this was something you could not previously do and now you can it is a WIN!
  • SquishyVicki
    SquishyVicki Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    NOT AT ALL PATHETIC!!! We all need to start somewhere and the key is that you started.

My advice - write down what spurred to you run for those few minutes and what it felt like to achieve something like that. Then keep it in a safe place to look back on whether you're feeling down or demotivated to remind you of what it feels like.

Well done again!!
  • mumtoonegirl
    mumtoonegirl Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    that is AMAZING!!!!! I am so proud of you! That is a BIG deal.
  • TabbiKat15
    TabbiKat15 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    No, That actually is a ViCTORY!! Awesome!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!