What's the funniest comment you have had..

Options
15678911»

Replies

• dalielahdawn
    dalielahdawn Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    To all you youngsters out there, younger than my 53 years, it is not harder at my age, it was most difficult in my 30's. I don't have to worry about cooking for my kids, who is going to watch them when I work out, I am way less stressed now than when they were young. So tell those ladies older than you the truth. Weight loss has challenges at every age, they may be different challenges, but it always requires a will to change and dedication to your goals.

Thank you! Hugs!!!!!!
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    My favorite wasn't exactly a comment, just a reaction.

After I'd lost 60 lb, I went to the office of a friend whom I hadn't seen since before I started losing.
    He knew I was going to be there, and about when.
    As I came in, he glanced up from what he was doing across the room, looked back down (like he didn't recognize me)...
    then looked back up at me & stared, open-mouthed.
    :smiley::blush:

He also had the good sense to follow up his initial comment ("you look great!") with "how do you feel?".
    Wonderful, thankyewvurramuch.
    And _later_ he asked how much I'd lost. (60 lb as of that morning.)

51637601.png
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    ReeseG wrote:
    "Wow! You look nice today."
    My smart mouth came back with, "So... What? I looked like Sht before?"
    Yeah, I always kinda think that too,
    but I've come to take that as "you look nicer than usual today", which is probably how they meant it.
    Or maybe even "you normally look OK, but today you look better".

CnC wrote:
    "lol, jealous man, what are you gonna do when I'm thin and pretty?"... he looks me up and down,
    turns away to finish what he was doing and says all softly "probably go to prison".
    ColinsMom wrote:
    don't lose enough to be a bobble head
    LOL!

brb wrote:
    "Oh my gosh, where did you go?"
    I like that. :smile:
  • sobiakhatoon
    sobiakhatoon Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    synacious wrote: »
    A few girls in my old social circle started a rumor that I lost weight by doing drugs. This hurt deeply because my father was an alcoholic and drug addict when I was growing up. It destroyed my childhood and family and had such an influence on me that I don't even touch alcohol, let alone drugs. The only thing that hurt more was that a few friends that I thought knew better actually found it so much easier to accept that I got so thin from drugs rather than hard work. I completely stopped associating with most of the people I knew after that. I only kept the few really good friends that knew me better than that.

Good for you! Now you know who your true friends are!
    rhianna818 wrote: »
    To be honest, the funniest comment about losing weight wasn't said to me but by me. It was, "I miss my fat" in regards to how cold I get in the winter time. I never realized how warm my fat kept me until I lost it, haha!

I have always joked said I have some weird form of reverse fat that doesn't keep me warm. I always get cold. As much as I hear my fellow MFP posters complain about being cold makes me very worried for how cold I'll be as I continue to lose. :neutral:

I have a space heater pointing at my feet right now, LOL!
  • sobiakhatoon
    sobiakhatoon Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Convo in the car with my son on the way to the gym:

Son: Mom, I like that you are getting healthy. But can you not lose too much?
    Me: Well, I have a lot to lose. What is too much?
    Son: Well, when you lose you are going to get smaller, but your head doesn't get smaller. I just don't want a bobble head mom. So don't lose enough to be a bobble head.

Hilarious!! How old is your son?

He is 6. And the things he thinks up are always entertaining.

Awwwww!
  • WrenTheCoffeeAddict
    Options
    When I read the title, the first thing that came to mind wasn't something said to me after losing weight, but something said to me before.
    A lovely slim friend of mine, of asian origin, very beautiful, turned to me, held my chin in her hand and said "You'd look so beautiful if you lost some weight" then wondered over to the bar to get us more drinks.
    It was sort of shocking, because she actually meant it as a compliment, because I think she almost saw the weight as something I could *easily* fix.