What's the funniest comment you have had..

Options

Replies

• Keiko385
    Keiko385 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    The worst had to be when a co- worker come up to me to tell me how great I looked but she didnt think it was possible for someone my age to lose weight...WTF
  • Karen_can_do_this
    Karen_can_do_this Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options
    My favorite one was having a 92 year old resident tell me "looking good kiddo!! Your boobs are finally bigger than your belly!!"
  • suziecue20
    suziecue20 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    mrsfitzyv8 wrote: »
    My favorite one was having a 92 year old resident tell me "looking good kiddo!! Your boobs are finally bigger than your belly!!"

This is exactly what my dear other half said to me the other day lol

• DaleCannard
    DaleCannard Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    From my Doctor Hi how are y.....Holy @&$! You've lost a lot of weight.
  • xX_PhoenixRising_Xx
    xX_PhoenixRising_Xx Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    I've had so many funny comments. A friend's mother, after I had lost 100 lbs, asked me if I'd thought about exercising to help me lose weight? I've had people ask me if I meant to lose so much or if I'm sick, and I think the best one was being patted down by security at the airport and being asked if that was a concealed gun in my top? It was my ribs!
  • V_Keto_V
    V_Keto_V Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Why are your veins so visible? Sure made ambulatory care lab easy
  • threadmad
    threadmad Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    "person" at the gym was apparently agitated that I lost more weight than he did in the last month. He told me I was so pale I looked sick and needed to get a tan. I told him that keeping my skin was preferable to skin cancer (he's VERY tan). He walked away muttering while I laughed.
  • MarcyKirkton
    MarcyKirkton Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    You lost 2 lbs a week??? That's so sad. It's unsafe! (funny remark from a poster on this forum.) lol*
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options
    I have an ex who told me that I was starting to look like a Barbie doll...all boobs and legs. It was his way of complimenting and insulting me at the same time. Same ex started spreading the rumor that I had had weight-loss surgery when we broke up.

Lots of people have told me that I look taller.
  • Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    A few girls in my old social circle started a rumor that I lost weight by doing drugs. This hurt deeply because my father was an alcoholic and drug addict when I was growing up. It destroyed my childhood and family and had such an influence on me that I don't even touch alcohol, let alone drugs. The only thing that hurt more was that a few friends that I thought knew better actually found it so much easier to accept that I got so thin from drugs rather than hard work. I completely stopped associating with most of the people I knew after that. I only kept the few really good friends that knew me better than that.
  • markrgeary1
    markrgeary1 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    I'm having cataract surgery in a couple of weeks. A nurse from the surgery center called to go over my instructions. She had some my medical information on file from the past. Asked what medicine I was on, "none". No you're taking medicine it says so here. I explain not anymore. She doesn't quite understand but can't tell me I don't know what medicine I take. When she tells me I weigh 215, I said "no I weigh 165"! Finally it clicked for her, "oh you've lost weight, is that why your not taking medicine anymore?" Well yes, who would have thought that.
  • Karen_can_do_this
    Karen_can_do_this Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options
    synacious wrote: »
    A few girls in my old social circle started a rumor that I lost weight by doing drugs. This hurt deeply because my father was an alcoholic and drug addict when I was growing up. It destroyed my childhood and family and had such an influence on me that I don't even touch alcohol, let alone drugs. The only thing that hurt more was that a few friends that I thought knew better actually found it so much easier to accept that I got so thin from drugs rather than hard work. I completely stopped associating with most of the people I knew after that. I only kept the few really good friends that knew me better than that.

That's really sad... Looks to me like you've shed excess buttheads as well as weight :)
    Keep up your awesomeness!!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Do you even eat? Uh, if they could've seen me binging over this weekend they would certainly know I eat.
  • sunandmoons
    sunandmoons Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Your going to blow away with the wind if you lose anymore.. I still have 18 pounds to go.
  • blkandwhite77
    blkandwhite77 Posts: 281 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    "Hey mom now that you lost that hunchback fat you can cut your hair short again!"

Gee thanks my not so subtle 17 year old daughter lol
  • CoffeeNCardio
    CoffeeNCardio Posts: 1,847 Member
    Options
    cmtigger wrote: »
    clgaram720 wrote: »
    Another one I get from older women (I'm 24 - So I do not mean that in an offensive way, I just work with women that range from about 40-50, I'm the youngest!) "It's EASY for you - you're so young! It's harder at my age".

Way to discredit my hard work!!

My mom, who has been trying and failing to lose weight for LITERALLY 15 years now, is constantly throwing this one at me. I tried, very sensitively, to get her to do what I'm doing and she totally blew me off "Oh it doesn't work like that for me, I don't have time to count calories, etc etc" and yet she is constantly doing "cleanses" and spending a bunch of money on new fitness classes that kick her butt so hard she can barely walk (she's 53). And whenever I tell her "But mom, I've lost 14 lbs ALREADY and I've really put in minimal effort compared to you." She acts like it's just no big deal at all and she makes me feel like my efforts, however small they are in comparison to hers (It's been effort for me, and probably for the average person, just cause I didn't sign up for boot camp....), don't matter at all. Like, I realize people are different, but CICO is the same no matter your age unless you have special conditions, and she doesn't.

I just want to scream at her through her excuses "Don't you get it??? YOU'RE the reason I thought there was no hope all these years! Your constant "trying" and failing made me believe that if you couldn't do it with all the work you APPEARED to be putting in, that of course I could never do it! And now you can't even be happy for me that I can do it after all?! Really?"

It's kind of interesting. With as much as I disagree with my mom about, we at least agree that counting calories and adding exercise is what works. We may choose different ways to do both, but it works.

I wish. She's convinced she has some kind of hormone issue one week, then she can't have carbs next week, then it's "Great-grandma is allergic to sugar, I think I am too" the week after that, then she binges, then she goes vegetarian, then she goes to the doctor and the doctor gives her shakes and a rule to eat nothing but green veggies for 4 weeks, then she gets on phentermine, then she gains it all back eating her "clean diet" of oats and kale and snap peas and whathaveyou, then saturated fat and anything partially hydrogenated is the devil. The list goes on and on and on and on and on. And calorie counting and letting herself eat what she pleases within a set amount would never work because reasons. I am now 15.5 lbs down. When I reach my goal, I'm gonna be really interested to see what she thinks of CICO then...
  • MondayJune22nd2015
    MondayJune22nd2015 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    Another one I get from older women (I'm 24 - So I do not mean that in an offensive way, I just work with women that range from about 40-50, I'm the youngest!) "It's EASY for you - you're so young! It's harder at my age".

My mom, who has been trying and failing to lose weight for LITERALLY 15 years now, is constantly throwing this one at me. I tried, very sensitively, to get her to do what I'm doing and she totally blew me off "Oh it doesn't work like that for me, I don't have time to count calories, etc etc" and yet she is constantly doing "cleanses" and spending a bunch of money on new fitness classes that kick her butt so hard she can barely walk (she's 53). And whenever I tell her "But mom, I've lost 14 lbs ALREADY and I've really put in minimal effort compared to you." She acts like it's just no big deal at all and she makes me feel like my efforts, however small they are in comparison to hers (It's been effort for me, and probably for the average person, just cause I didn't sign up for boot camp....), don't matter at all. Like, I realize people are different, but CICO is the same no matter your age unless you have special conditions, and she doesn't.

I just want to scream at her through her excuses "Don't you get it??? YOU'RE the reason I thought there was no hope all these years! Your constant "trying" and failing made me believe that if you couldn't do it with all the work you APPEARED to be putting in, that of course I could never do it! And now you can't even be happy for me that I can do it after all?! Really?"

It's kind of interesting. With as much as I disagree with my mom about, we at least agree that counting calories and adding exercise is what works. We may choose different ways to do both, but it works.

I wish. She's convinced she has some kind of hormone issue one week, then she can't have carbs next week, then it's "Great-grandma is allergic to sugar, I think I am too" the week after that, then she binges, then she goes vegetarian, then she goes to the doctor and the doctor gives her shakes and a rule to eat nothing but green veggies for 4 weeks, then she gets on phentermine, then she gains it all back eating her "clean diet" of oats and kale and snap peas and whathaveyou, then saturated fat and anything partially hydrogenated is the devil. The list goes on and on and on and on and on. And calorie counting and letting herself eat what she pleases within a set amount would never work because reasons. I am now 15.5 lbs down. When I reach my goal, I'm gonna be really interested to see what she thinks of CICO then...

No then she'll most likely tell you, that you take after your Father; that's why it was so "easy"/for you to lose the weight!
  • CoffeeNCardio
    Options

No then she'll most likely tell you, that you take after your Father; that's why it was so "easy"/for you to lose the weight!

OMG have you been spying on us or something? She just said something like this a couple weeks ago except she was comparing me to my great-grandma! (The woman is a 94 year old stick who still lives on her own unassisted and she could probably kick my butt, so I took it as a compliment too, but she made it pretty clear what she meant)
  • MondayJune22nd2015
    MondayJune22nd2015 Posts: 876 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options

OMG have you been spying on us or something? She just said something like this a couple weeks ago except she was comparing me to my great-grandma! (The woman is a 94 year old stick who still lives on her own unassisted and she could probably kick my butt, so I took it as a compliment too, but she made it pretty clear what she meant)

LOL no but your Mother is obviously playing the "Blame Game" & that type of comparison, is always on the list. Might I suggest that you show her, your posts & our (the communities) responses; to them about her. Sometimes a humiliating reality check, is what's necessary long term; to counteract any/all short term placebo effects.
  • CoffeeNCardio
    Options

LOL no but your Mother is obviously playing the "Blame Game" & that type of comparison, is always on the list. Might I suggest that you show her, your posts & our (the communities) responses; to them about her. Sometimes a humiliating reality check, is what's necessary long term; to counteract any/all short term placebo effects.

I WILL try that if I reach my goal and she still doesn't believe. I mean, she can be a royal pain, but she's my mom and I want her to LIVE. Her biggest complaint is how hard it is to calorie count and how she doesn't have time. Gonna be browsing the community for any and all posts about THAT for sure. :)