What's the funniest comment you have had..

Options

Replies

• tracie_minus100
    tracie_minus100 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    "You look like a kid wearing her mom's clothes!"
  • timetolosethisnow
    Options
    my dentist asked if i had liposuction done...!
  • HostageCat
    HostageCat Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I mentioned that I wanted to lose 10 more pounds to a couple coworkers and one told me "lose weight? your so skinny you have to run to catch water!"
  • teresadutton
    teresadutton Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine said " Wow I didn't even recognize you! What are you doing? You look great!" ME: " just doing the good old fashion way, diet and exercise." HER: " are you taking anything?" ME: No, I don't take any supplements or pills or drinks, nothing" HER: " REALLY!!! WOW!!" LOL she was shocked that I am not taking drugs or something.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I just had someone I knew and hadn't see in 4 months walk right through me and not recognize me at all. She was completely shocked when she realized who I was.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    You don't look that old. - It's actually not that funny because I don't consider it a compliment.
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,263 Member
    Options
    Another one I get from older women (I'm 24 - So I do not mean that in an offensive way, I just work with women that range from about 40-50, I'm the youngest!) "It's EASY for you - you're so young! It's harder at my age".

Way to discredit my hard work!!

This. I'm 47, but get this from my 55 year old sister. Yep, it's been sooo easy for me. STOP EATING A BOX OF HOT TAMALES A DAY! Dang... But no, going vegetarian was going to take the weight off. (Yup. Still, the hot tamales aren't helping.)
  • MsJulesRenee
    MsJulesRenee Posts: 1,180 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    I get the "It's easy for you. It just falls off". Erm...no it's not and I work hard on it every day, thanks. Funny because this happens all the time to me!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I'd probably lose it if people told me it's easy for me. I admire your self control.
  • RunnaforMe
    RunnaforMe Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    YalithKBK wrote: »
    I've had people ask if I was sick because my face had thinned out a lot. I was at my healthiest yet everyone thought I had some chronic illness. XD

Yep!!

• MondayJune22nd2015
    MondayJune22nd2015 Posts: 876 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    My Mother told me that I looked emaciated, I took it as an insult because I know, that she hates me & is also jealous of me. With the exception of any hatred/jealousy, I believe that most of these comments/questions derive via being uneducated, without any actual malice and/or their education is mythical, taught as factual; so I never take an offense. It seems that most of the offense, comes from the daunting task of constantly being commented and/or questioned; about it & then having to educate them ourselves. Therefore it's the annoyance, rather than the comment/question itself; that's mostly offensive.
  • frankiesgirlie
    frankiesgirlie Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    schelly81 wrote: »
    "73 pounds? you don't look like you lost THAT much. "
    So, you think I'm lying or something?
    Or my MIL, "you need to just stop losing weight and stay right there"
    Thanks, but I'm still overweight and I have a goal.
    My personal favorite
    "I heard you lost a lot of weight! You must have really watched your carbs!"
    Yeah, I watched them all go in my mouth. They were delicious.

Love ALL of this. You are halarious
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    No funny comments here. I just get a lot a raised eyebrows when I tell people how I lost my weight. That or they switch over. I have 5 friends who switched to a LCHF diet after seeing how it improved my health and the relative ease I had in losing weight.

Perhaps the funniest comment was from my husband. He whimpered when I was happily discussing how my breasts have shrank/deflated so much. LOL
  • tracoleman99
    tracoleman99 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    "When are you going to stop losing weight? You know, as women get older they need to carry a little bit of weight or else they just look .......... old".

This is hilarious!!!

Mine was this... I have a paperweight with a picture of me on my desk from the 2014 graduation. A student of mine picked it up and said, "Miss, is this you? You're mad chubby there." Mad chubby, LMAO!
  • OhMsDiva
    OhMsDiva Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    A friend I've known for years said friend your face is skinny...I said thanks
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,598 Member
    Options
    RAinWA wrote: »
    I went for a mammogram and the technician came in after pulling my last one and was looking very puzzled - looked me up and down and said "did you lose a crap-ton of weight?" She seriously thought she had the wrong patient!

I have a similar story. The mammogram technician/nurse had some pre-weight loss x rays up on the board and added the new ones for comparison and exclaimed, "You lost weight!"
  • cmtigger
    cmtigger Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    clgaram720 wrote: »
    Another one I get from older women (I'm 24 - So I do not mean that in an offensive way, I just work with women that range from about 40-50, I'm the youngest!) "It's EASY for you - you're so young! It's harder at my age".

My mom, who has been trying and failing to lose weight for LITERALLY 15 years now, is constantly throwing this one at me. I tried, very sensitively, to get her to do what I'm doing and she totally blew me off "Oh it doesn't work like that for me, I don't have time to count calories, etc etc" and yet she is constantly doing "cleanses" and spending a bunch of money on new fitness classes that kick her butt so hard she can barely walk (she's 53). And whenever I tell her "But mom, I've lost 14 lbs ALREADY and I've really put in minimal effort compared to you." She acts like it's just no big deal at all and she makes me feel like my efforts, however small they are in comparison to hers (It's been effort for me, and probably for the average person, just cause I didn't sign up for boot camp....), don't matter at all. Like, I realize people are different, but CICO is the same no matter your age unless you have special conditions, and she doesn't.

I just want to scream at her through her excuses "Don't you get it??? YOU'RE the reason I thought there was no hope all these years! Your constant "trying" and failing made me believe that if you couldn't do it with all the work you APPEARED to be putting in, that of course I could never do it! And now you can't even be happy for me that I can do it after all?! Really?"

It's kind of interesting. With as much as I disagree with my mom about, we at least agree that counting calories and adding exercise is what works. We may choose different ways to do both, but it works.
  • cmtigger
    cmtigger Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options

This. I'm 47, but get this from my 55 year old sister. Yep, it's been sooo easy for me. STOP EATING A BOX OF HOT TAMALES A DAY! Dang... But no, going vegetarian was going to take the weight off. (Yup. Still, the hot tamales aren't helping.)

Don't hot tamales candies have gelatin in them?
  • rats2010
    rats2010 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    From my husband : "Honey, I've been checking out your figure so much lately from all the changes you're making that I didn't notice when you started getting gray hair! There's 6 of them already!!"

Sooo... when I hit my next mini goal, I think the reward will be a box of dye lmao