What's the funniest comment you have had..

Options
about losing weight? ?? My husband said wow you have hip bones! I always knew I had but now the fats melting they seem to have appeared lol :)

Replies

• leahcollett1
    leahcollett1 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    mine was - wow you can tell youve lost weight youve all of a sudden gone in at the sides!!!
  • ohmscheeks
    ohmscheeks Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    You look like you're about to float away (pfft, tell that to the jeans I still can't fit).
  • YalithKBK
    YalithKBK Posts: 317 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    I've had people ask if I was sick because my face had thinned out a lot. I was at my healthiest yet everyone thought I had some chronic illness. XD
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    When people give back-handed compliments.

"Wow, You've lost TONNES and TONNES of weight" was one I received recently - Uh, thanks? I've actually lost just 30 lbs, which sure is impressive but what on earth are you implying about my 'before' weight by the 'tonnes and tonnes'!

The other day, my boyfriends Mum was looking me up and down and I just KNEW a comment was coming. I was right. "Wow, You must have lost about 4 or 5 stone?!" - nope, still just 30 lbs, I clearly wasn't as fat as you thought!

I'm pretty light hearted about these comments. These people mean no harm but it definitely gets me eye rolling!
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    My mother in law "how did you do it? Not eating?" No am not anorexic thanks.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    "How do you know you are in a deficit if you don't log your food?"
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,658 Member
    Options
    "Jesus Christ! If you weren't so tall I'd never have recognized you."
  • sallygroundhog
    sallygroundhog Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    "You look MUCH better"
  • ChandalNicole
    ChandalNicole Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    There's a girl at work who acts like she can't see me when I turn sideways now. I never know how to respond lol.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,889 Member
    Options
    "When are you going to stop losing weight? You know, as women get older they need to carry a little bit of weight or else they just look .......... old".

• RAinWA
    RAinWA Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    I went for a mammogram and the technician came in after pulling my last one and was looking very puzzled - looked me up and down and said "did you lose a crap-ton of weight?" She seriously thought she had the wrong patient!
  • deluxmary2000
    deluxmary2000 Posts: 981 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    "When are you going to stop losing weight? You know, as women get older they need to carry a little bit of weight or else they just look .......... old".

Omg, people are the worst.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    In real life, "It's easy for you." Ha! Losing weight has not been easy for me. It's easier, now, than it was when I started, but it's not easy for me.

On the boards, it was about not including junk food: "You will fail." That's a direct quote, lol. If you don't include junk food, you won't lose weight.

People are wacky.
  • PinkPixiexox
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »

This just screams jealousy!
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    My favorite is "you look taller now, are you sure you didn't grow" Pretty sure I didn't have a growth spurt at 40+
  • schelly81
    schelly81 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    "73 pounds? you don't look like you lost THAT much. "
    So, you think I'm lying or something?
    Or my MIL, "you need to just stop losing weight and stay right there"
    Thanks, but I'm still overweight and I have a goal.
    My personal favorite
    "I heard you lost a lot of weight! You must have really watched your carbs!"
    Yeah, I watched them all go in my mouth. They were delicious.
  • PinkPixiexox
    Options
    schelly81 wrote: »
    "73 pounds? you don't look like you lost THAT much. "
    So, you think I'm lying or something?
    Or my MIL, "you need to just stop losing weight and stay right there"
    Thanks, but I'm still overweight and I have a goal.
    My personal favorite
    "I heard you lost a lot of weight! You must have really watched your carbs!"
    Yeah, I watched them all go in my mouth. They were delicious.

Loved this!
  • PinkPixiexox
    Options
    Another one I get from older women (I'm 24 - So I do not mean that in an offensive way, I just work with women that range from about 40-50, I'm the youngest!) "It's EASY for you - you're so young! It's harder at my age".

Way to discredit my hard work!!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Hubby commented on my "buns of steel" the other day! Made me laugh, but I was super excited that he is noticing my #squatbooty.
  • ar9179
    ar9179 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Another one I get from older women (I'm 24 - So I do not mean that in an offensive way, I just work with women that range from about 40-50, I'm the youngest!) "It's EASY for you - you're so young! It's harder at my age".

Way to discredit my hard work!!

I'm closing in on 46 and I get that from a friend of mine who is only a year or so older! She blames early menopause. I don't say too much, but always think about the ladies in that age range on this board who've been successful. Rate of loss might be slower, but it still happens!