Last 5 pounds!

Options

Replies

• fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    I had lost, but was 127 this am. Was surprised as I was logging the candy and cookies. I want to hold at 125 by Christmas as that will be some weight loss in December, which would be a first.
  • khalley888
    khalley888 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    fiddletime wrote: »
    I had lost, but was 127 this am. Was surprised as I was logging the candy and cookies. I want to hold at 125 by Christmas as that will be some weight loss in December, which would be a first.

I'm in the same boat. Up to 127 now, want 125 by Christmas and to maintain it through New Year. Then back towards goal of 120! Ugh. It's so hard to stay motivated.

• Remilia_Scarlet
    Remilia_Scarlet Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I was down to 113.5 on Friday, but my sodium has been high these past few days so I've shied away from the scale. So close to 110!
  • fiddletime
    Options
    I think the 127 was one of those water things maybe. Was 124.3 today so will be interesting to see where I am tomorrow. I'm really cutting calories and avoiding sweets. I want to get to 120 and maintenance! I know we all do so hang in there!!
  • vicky1947mfp
    vicky1947mfp Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    119.2 this morning. Just up about half a lb.

That is great considering all the temptations around.

Only have one more party and Christmas breakfast to go for really big temptations.

New Years maybe a problem as we are going away for 6 days. Always challenges. But I have learned a lot these past 10 months here on MFP.

Keeping Florida trip in January in mind helps. Going to be in a swimsuit so don't want to gain any weight back.
  • fiddletime
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I've read on here that maintenance is about a 3# weight range as we will all go up and down a little. Stay where you are now and when you go to Florida don't get over 122. If like my range to be 118 to 122. Was 124.2 today, so at least it's "real". Have a few dinners to navigate through this weekend. I'm starting to get the hang of the holiday temptations.
  • vicky1947mfp
    Options

119.2 this morning. Just up about half a lb.

That is great considering all the temptations around.

Only have one more party and Christmas breakfast to go for really big temptations.

New Years maybe a problem as we are going away for 6 days. Always challenges. But I have learned a lot these past 10 months here on MFP.

Keeping Florida trip in January in mind helps. Going to be in a swimsuit so don't want to gain any weight back.

Up to 120.4 this morning. I guess not too bad considering all the special treats around. Things I only have once a year.

Back to logging carefully today. And trying to get back to my 119 before we leave for 6 day vacation on Wed.

How did everyone do for your holidays? Hope we all can get right back with our logging and exercise now.

Good luck everyone and Happy New Year to each of you.
  • vicky1947mfp
    Options
    Dec 27 -120.4
    Dec 28 - 119.8

Getting there. Trying to not eat any leftover cookies!!!
  • SamandaIndia
    SamandaIndia Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    Good food discipline here except one packet of toffees, chocolate coated no less that I consumed xmas day. 175g of Thorntons brand heaven. 127.7lbs and next goal is that magic 120 you have been speaking of. Now to get back moving more.
  • dramaqueen45
    dramaqueen45 Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    Haven't seen anyone post in this thread lately- but here is my update.

I did gain about 1.4 pounds over the holidays and then strict logging and exercise had me losing it in a week.

As of today I am 127.4 and now have 2.4 to lose to get to goal. How is everyone else doing?

(I went out and bought some NEW clothes today- emphasis on the new because I've been buying at thrift stores as I've been losing for the past 18 months because I knew I would be out of those clothes in another month or two. I figure 2-3 pounds won't make a huge difference in size so I bought a few things new- felt nice).
  • fiddletime
    Options
    I'm down a pound, maybe, from the holidays. I weigh 123.0 with 3 pounds to go. Am taking it slowly, allowing "slips" here and there. Hope to get to 120 in a month.

How is everyone?

Thanks DQ for resurrecting this!
  • allysar
    allysar Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I'm holding steady. I didn't gain over the holidays well nothing crazy but didn't lose either. Holding at right around 127-128. Still shooting for 122 but I'm happy with the progress I've made.

Lovely to hear from you again!
  • trina1049
    trina1049 Posts: 593 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I haven't posted in this thread before but I've been reading along and happy to see the bump. I'm also on my last 5 lbs. and it's very slow going. I'm currently at 127 lbs. but 126 has been visiting me occasionally so at least I'm heading in the right direction. I have dropped .8 since Dec. 28th, yay! Here's my stats: 5'2.5," 66 years old, medium frame.

SW: 179
    CW: 127-126
    GW: 120-124 range

Trina
  • dramaqueen45
    dramaqueen45 Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    Great job to you Trina!
  • trina1049
    Options
    Thanks, @dramaqueen45! We're workin' it!
  • happymom221
    happymom221 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Wow Trina. Amazing progress
  • trina1049
    Options
    @happymom221, slowly but surely! How about you?
  • happymom221
    happymom221 Posts: 73 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    trina1049 wrote: »
    @happymom221, slowly but surely! How about you?

i lost 75 in 2015 and gained about 5 pounds over the holidays and a big family vacation. It doesn't really bother me- I started StrongLifts 5x5 and am setting non scale goals. My weight goal is 5 pounds in 8 weeks
  • trina1049
    Options
    @happymom221, that's excellent! Lifting is the best. Luckily I sailed through the holidays with no gain and I'm taking my time losing the rest, if I lose anymore at all. I'm lifting 3Xs per week and that's really changed my body composition. I'm actually in better shape then I've ever been so I'm happy with where I am now. The last few are bonus pounds. Happy lifting!

T.
  • khalley888
    khalley888 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Thanks for restarting. I maintained over holidays, so still about 5 to goal. I'm considering it a small victory that I didn't pack on weight like I usually do over the holidays. Trying to focus on daily exercise bc I find I also eat better when I put in time at the gym.