Last 5 pounds!

Options
Anyone want to start a support group geared towards losing those tricky last 5 lbs to your goal?

Replies

• allysar
    allysar Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Sure...I will jump in with that. I was hoping for about 7 more but close enough?
  • ctovarez
    ctovarez Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I am in! So easy to put on but a heck of time to lose.
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    Ten more to go. Slow going.
  • dizzypuppy
    dizzypuppy Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    i'm at my last 5 aswell and its taking forever!
  • vicky1947mfp
    vicky1947mfp Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    Count me in.
  • Jessiekp0406
    Jessiekp0406 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I'm in!!
  • khalley888
    khalley888 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Great! I'm glad that I'm not the only one stuck at this point. Let's keep the group open to those looking to lose the last 5-10 lbs to goal.

Here's what I was thinking, but open to everyone's ideas!
    - Post current weight and goal weight every Sunday
    - Share tips during the week
    - Vent about struggles and be there to motivate each other

I'll post again in the morning :)
    Let's crush this week!
  • dramaqueen45
    dramaqueen45 Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    I'm in- stuck at that last 8-10 pounds for a couple of months now.
  • allysar
    Options
    Okay, so it is Sunday!

Current weight 131
    Goal weight 125
  • khalley888
    Options
    Current weight: 127
    Goal weight: 120

My biggest struggle is when I'm out of town or have friends visiting for the weekend and I stop tracking and exercising for a few days. Any tips?
  • allysar
    Options
    Are you able to get up early and get a workout in before the days' festivities begin? I always feel really accomplished when I get my exercise done while everyone else is still asleep. Then I don't feel as badly if I slack off during the day

khalley888 wrote: »
    Current weight: 127
    Goal weight: 120

My biggest struggle is when I'm out of town or have friends visiting for the weekend and I stop tracking and exercising for a few days. Any tips?

• khalley888
    Options
    I'm usually not a morning exerciser, but I should try that when I have guests in town or am traveling. I'm more likely to track and be good after a workout too. Thanks! I'll try that.
  • allysar
    Options
    khalley888 wrote: »
    I'm usually not a morning exerciser, but I should try that when I have guests in town or am traveling. I'm more likely to track and be good after a workout too. Thanks! I'll try that.

It is easy for me to say....hard for me to do, too! I am a night shifter so working out in the morning is usually after a 12 hour shift. I do love getting up on a weekend and working out before the kids get up. I feel all accomplished and everything and they are always impressed!

Good luck! I am back to work tonight so have planned my meals out for the next three nights, it is the only way I can stay on track. Left to my own device I am more likely to make bad choices.
  • Jubee13
    Jubee13 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I'm in as well. This isn't the first time I've been here and I know from experience these last few pounds come off very, very slowly. I get very impatient wanting to BE THERE. Not that I will eat all that differently, I just want all my clothes to fit again. I'm short so 5 pounds makes a real difference.
    Current weight 120.2
    Goal weight 115
  • vicky1947mfp
    Options
    Current weight - 123.8
    Goal weight - 119

I was 119.4 two weeks ago but I went on vacation and my son and two grandsons have been here for 4 days and we have really eaten a lot while he has been here.

He wanted to eat at all his favorite places and for some reason my will power has been so weak for two weeks now. Must get back to serious logging and exercising so I want outgrow my smaller size clothes I have just bought.

Hoping this is just the place to motivate me.

I am Vicky from N C btw.
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    CW 129.4
    GW 120

Got to 120 last year and regained. Not in a rush, but want it to happen! Tough time of year!!!
  • vicky1947mfp
    Options
    Ok! Going to just eat my 1,200 cals today.

And get in my 10,000 steps.

BD party is over. Sent cake home with my son and froze a piece for my husband for later.
  • khalley888
    Options
    Nice job!
  • karmcl
    karmcl Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi! Late to the party and have a little more than 10 to lose, but you guys seem so nice! Karen from PA here.

CW= 142
    GW= 130

I'm a runner & always gain weight during marathon training, but I'm trying to lose & eat better now that my race is over. I always lose when I track here, but obviously I haven't been tracking. :)
  • allysar
    Options
    Wow everyone here is really committed and working hard! I love it. I can't sleep so am getting up to exercise before work. I have pre-planned my food for the next 24 hours so I will stay on track!