Last 5 pounds!

Options
1789101113»

Replies

• sbroyles1
    sbroyles1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, for the record I am 51 years old height 5'3" starting weight was 141.5 as of October 2015. I am now 127, on a good day 126 LOL. Goal weight 120 . Started out with cardio and weight training and put on a lot of muscle, then plateaued and started doing Atkins and lost more plateaued there at 126 at mid December and has been doing light cardio and injured my shoulder so only doing lower body weights. Staying at 1200 calories but have been 126 since December. Light cardio and keeping my calories low 1200 has not produced any results. I only have six or 7 pounds to go but is not moving any suggestions?
  • CeeBeeSlim
    CeeBeeSlim Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    Gosh. You're close to my twin. 51, 5'3, CW 132, trying to just get to 128, would kill for 123. I have the same problem, with a similar workout schedule. My trainer is telling me I need to eat more, and I see that advice from others, but not sure why. I think it's because I'm working out and strength training 3-4 times a week. I only increased to 1300, was at 1200, she told me 1400 minimum - but too scaaaary! This happened to me once before and the fix was dropping my calories and working out more. I got to 123 twice but couldn't stay there!! Stress got to me so not sure it was my plan or the fact that I was using kfc and sonic to feel better. I'm thinking about lowering but just to about 1000. Trainer also told me a ONE day a week of just 500 calories could shock my metabolism. May try that. But I'm gonna stick to the 1300, workout, and see if some of this could be water weight. Good luck!!
  • dramaqueen45
    dramaqueen45 Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    Back up to 129 as of Saturday morning- was gone the whole weekend before that on a conference with not a lot of control over what I ate and to be honest, I ate more than I should have. So now I'm back to 4 pounds to goal- but this is a new month and I think (hope) I can do it this month! One pound a week should be okay- or even a half a pound and making goal by March is okay too.

On the plus side, yesterday was in the high 50s and went for a 90 minute bike ride which was very nice! Going to get cold again this week so riding in January feels like cheating mother nature somehow!
  • dramaqueen45
    Options
    Okay down to 126.8 after a few weeks of up and down- if I stay at goal 6 out of 7 days at the very least I lose about a half a pound in a week. So I'm getting closer I guess. I am trying not to obsess about the number on the scale, but dang it- just want to see it once and then I'll be fine with maintaining in a 5 pound range of 125-130. Just want to see it one time is all-- too much to ask?
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Same thing here but 120-125. I'm waiting for summer, then pushing for 120. I get to 122.5. If I don't do it this summer, might just stay at 122!
  • dramaqueen45
    Options
    Met my goal! 125!