Options

Replies

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,378 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Me: 23*
    LNS: 1
    Streak: 10 :grin:Double figures! Woo Hoo!

@WalkerPop I always have a plan. Pre-log and follow through/stay under goal/exercise.
  • tlfairley73
    tlfairley73 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Jumping on board with this on. Gotta have some boundaries over the holiday!
  • WalkerPop
    WalkerPop Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Me: 21*
    LNS: 2
    Streak: 6
  • curto123
    curto123 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Me: 4
    LNS: 0
  • 68myra
    68myra Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Me:21
    Lns:3*
    Streak:whoops
  • CarrieA180
    CarrieA180 Posts: 903 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options

:)

Welcome!
  • blackburn23
    blackburn23 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Guess i will be the monkey wrench in the works on this challenge I am a Diabetic who s liver dumps sugar at night because i dont eat a snack at night and i go 12 hours before eating I eat my last meal at 6pm I do not drink my am coffee w cream till 6 am and i get up to work on computer at 3am so my liver dumps sugar during those 12 hours and i have a am spike,,, i am suppose EYEROLL to eat some kind of cheese and protein at ll or midnight to balance my liver out but who wants to wake up to eat...sigh sometimes a snack of protein for diabetics is mandatory...

I have a friend who is a diabetic and I know if she doesn't eat small meals or snacks on a regular schedule she will get weak and shaky. Then she tends to eat too much, too fast and a lot of times the food choices aren't the best. Does your last meal have to be at 6pm or could you have a healthy snack later, like around 8pm? What time do you try to go to bed? Getting up to work at 3am is tough. You know your body better than anyone and you know what works the best for you. I don't think I would worry too much about the "late night" snacking part because you have to eat something. Perhaps you could tailor the challenge to "healthy" snack choices in order to keep your blood sugar level from dropping or spiking too much. I hope the best for you.
    WalkerPop wrote: »

There are some great streaks being run out there! You guys are killing it. :smiley:

I encourage everyone to have a plan before entering the holiday festivities. Without a plan, I find myself impulsing into old habits. Make choices, not impulses!

Terrific advice! My plan is to: 1) watch my portion sizes and to leave plate "space" between my foods on Thanksgiving Day; 2) drink a huge glass of water before eating my meal. I have found that this helps to fill me up faster. 3) put my fork down when I feel full. I will not feel guilty leaving the table with food still on my plate. 4) enjoy my small portion of dessert later (not after 8 pm) with a cup of coffee so that I can really appreciate it. Yum! Good luck everyone!

Me: 24
    Streak: 16
    Days: 25 (I didn't post yesterday...busy, busy, busy!)
  • liftingwateringcan
    liftingwateringcan Posts: 109 Member
    Options

Me: 12
    Lns: 0
    Streak: 12
  • liftingwateringcan
    Options

There are some great streaks being run out there! You guys are killing it. :smiley:

I encourage everyone to have a plan before entering the holiday festivities. Without a plan, I find myself impulsing into old habits. Make choices, not impulses!

Thanks for the sound/ simple advice!
  • liftingwateringcan
    Options
    Streak: 10 :grin:Double figures! Woo Hoo!

Terrific!

• liftingwateringcan
    Options

Hello :)
  • liftingwateringcan
    Options
    Guess i will be the monkey wrench in the works on this challenge I am a Diabetic who s liver dumps sugar at night because i dont eat a snack at night and i go 12 hours before eating I eat my last meal at 6pm I do not drink my am coffee w cream till 6 am and i get up to work on computer at 3am so my liver dumps sugar during those 12 hours and i have a am spike,,, i am suppose EYEROLL to eat some kind of cheese and protein at ll or midnight to balance my liver out but who wants to wake up to eat...sigh sometimes a snack of protein for diabetics is mandatory...

I have a friend who is a diabetic and I know if she doesn't eat small meals or snacks on a regular schedule she will get weak and shaky. Then she tends to eat too much, too fast and a lot of times the food choices aren't the best. Does your last meal have to be at 6pm or could you have a healthy snack later, like around 8pm? What time do you try to go to bed? Getting up to work at 3am is tough. You know your body better than anyone and you know what works the best for you. I don't think I would worry too much about the "late night" snacking part because you have to eat something. Perhaps you could tailor the challenge to "healthy" snack choices in order to keep your blood sugar level from dropping or spiking too much. I hope the best for you.

Terrific advice! My plan is to: 1) watch my portion sizes and to leave plate "space" between my foods on Thanksgiving Day; 2) drink a huge glass of water before eating my meal. I have found that this helps to fill me up faster. 3) put my fork down when I feel full. I will not feel guilty leaving the table with food still on my plate. 4) enjoy my small portion of dessert later (not after 8 pm) with a cup of coffee so that I can really appreciate it. Yum! Good luck everyone!

^^ I like your plan! Think I will use it, thanks!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,996 Member
    Options
    Me: 8
    LNS: 6
    Streak: 3

• WalkerPop
    WalkerPop Posts: 436 Member
    Options

Great plan! Way to think it through and set yourself up for the win. Thank you for sharing it. I love "leave plate 'space'"! My habit (impulse) has always been to see how much I can fit without needing sideboards...a strategy that's put me here today! :disappointed: Think I'll try yours. :smile:

Me: 22*
    Streak: 7
  • curto123
    curto123 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Me: 5
    LNS: 0
    Have a plan for Thanksgiving, must stick to it.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,378 Member
    Options
    Me: 24*
    Streak: 11 :)
  • vatblack
    vatblack Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Me: 14*
    LNS: 6
    Streak: 1

• CarrieA180
    CarrieA180 Posts: 903 Member
    Options

I'm hoping later I'll be to stuffed to eat after 7pm. Happy Thanksgiving! :)
  • liftingwateringcan
    Options

Me: 13
    Lns: 0
    Streak: 13
  • liftingwateringcan
    Options
    CarrieA180 wrote: »

I'm hoping later I'll be to stuffed to eat after 7pm. Happy Thanksgiving! :)