WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR NOVEMBER 2015

Options

Replies

• Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    DJ, prayers that your Max recovers. We had a similar scare with the Pom in September and I know exactly how you must be feeling.
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Oh, what a mess in Paris. Glad to see that Geraldo Rivera's daughter is home and safe. But, how many people could charter a plane and go get their children. It's an awful mess ... and to think that Obama wants to bring 10,000 people (including radical Muslims) to the USA only means that we could have another terrorist attack on our shores. I think that American should stand behind France in whatever they decide to do to stop this terrorist group that killed over 100 people and wounding 1000s of others. We cannot vet that many people when we know what is on their minds about how they feel or what they are thinking? We have sleeper cells already right here in our country as it is, why bring on any more? May God Bless France and my He watch over all of us.

A month ago, I bought my first pair of yoga pants; yesterday, I bought my first pair of 'skinny jeans'. DH said I looked like I had no @$$ at all. Got to remember to hold my belly in. About to start back doing my hula hoop to help whittle that away. But, they don't look bad and they are certainly warm, too!
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,729 Member
    Options
  • pipcd34
    edited November 2015
    Options
    .morning peeps
  • GloworminWA
    GloworminWA Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone - just dropping in to give you an update. After being served with a Summons & Complaint I met with an attorney from the Housing Justice Project. I wrote an answer, she reviewed and made some changes and served it by fax. Almost immediately my landlord's attorney called wanting to negotiate. I told my attorney what I wanted, she talked to opposing counsel and I got everything I wanted. I can stay in the house until the end of December at a reduced rent and did not have to pay October's rent due to the past 5 months having no carpet in the bedroom and hallway. Whoopee! So even though I still have to move I'm feeling much better about this situation. Thank you for your prayers and good thoughts. I'll be back soon. <3
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,369 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Gloria - sooooooo happy for you! <3 Proactive is good. Well done! :flowerforyou:

Heather UK
  • mikesmom1983
    mikesmom1983 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    fanncy0626 wrote: »
    Chris - I noticed your green plate. I have a set of that type of plates from the 50's. Is that from that time period?

Mary from Minnesota

LOL Mary... Everyone commented on how evil I was posting the cake picture and you commented on the plate. Now that's focus!
    It was just a random plate I picked up somewhere to match the green in the kitchen. Not vintage.
    Gotta work hard today to work off the 1/2 lb. gain from the treats last night. No rest for the wicked.

Thinking of you all.
    Chris in MA
  • lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    Heather - I was stationed at RAFB Lakenheath, in Sussex, when the Harrod's bombings took place (in 1983), and at that time, when I was still military myself, we weren't allowed to ever travel anywhere in country in uniform, as the environment was so iffy. After a long stint in Montana, my now-ex-husband and I were transferred back to the UK. We flew to Germany to see friends just three days after the Lockerbie disaster in 1988, and every guard at Gatwick was sporting an Uzi. We were still living in the UK in 1990 when Desert Storm blew up in the Middle East. The military authorities put up concrete blockades at the previously open gates of our spiffy new housing complex, which was built near Reading. We were both the first and last American residents, as we were part of the contingent that shut down RAFB Greenham Common. There was a bomb scare shortly after they secured the gates when an unexpected package was delivered to the house next door, and the British bomb squad was brought in to safely explode the package. It turned out to be books the lady had forgotten she ordered, actually, and when they detonated it, there was a paper snowstorm. :) My starkest memory is how badly I wanted to be back in my own country, with a few thousand miles of safety wrapped around me. It's really hard to explain to people who live in the heartland of America what it is like to exist inside that oscillating fear, though I have no doubt our New Yorkers could weigh in. I can only imagine how you're feeling, considering how much you love Paris. I hope your brother and his wife have a very safe trip.

DJ - thinking about Max, and you... hoping for the best.

Michele - if my words were of some help, that makes me glad. I grew up in an abusive household, have been through toxic relationships of my own, and watched as people I love went through them. Challenging the toxic partner is simply not useful, and the person who pays the price is our loved one. It's frustrating at incredible levels, but nonetheless, all we can do is encourage the person we care so much about to believe they are worthy of happiness.

----
    Chilling while the hubby sleeps in, and then we'll head to the warehouse. Trying to get the front office painted and set up so it's presentable when the ribboncutting goes off. Wavering between baking something tomorrow to serve after we cut the big blue ribbon with the giant scissors, or just buying some cupcakes at Walmart that I despise, so that I can throw the remains away without pangs of conscience. If I'm going to bake it, it's going to taste good. :blush: Not good for weight loss, though.

Thinking about all of you, and mourning for Paris.
    Lisa in damp/drizzly West Texas
  • Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    DJ - prayers for Max

Lillian
  • Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    So sad about Paris - our power was off for 7 hours yesterday, read a blub on twitter when I went to check about our power outage - henceforth when the power finally came on we watched the news - so sad..... and our new Prime Minister promised to bring 25,000 refugees to Canada by the end of the year. Not to say that refugees are all bad....

Later
    Lillian in West Central Saskatchewan
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,991 Member
    Options
    1056287i3zmwzup2m.gif 1056287i3zmwzup2m.gif <3<3 Brandy and Sasha send hugs and healing thoughts to Max
  • mikesmom1983
    mikesmom1983 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    I found a way to contribute to Kirby's gofundme account. Go to the site and in the search bar enter Lakebay, WA and you will find it.
    Always thinking of you Pip and praying for a good outcome for you and Kirby.
    Chris in MA
  • miriamwithcats
    miriamwithcats Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Sylvia, I would highly recommend you install a ROLL IN shower, just in case one of you ends up needing a chair, even temporarily. It looks like you have plenty of room to accomodate one.
  • miriamwithcats
    Options
    DJ prayers for you and Max.
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Hello everyone - just dropping in to give you an update. After being served with a Summons & Complaint I met with an attorney from the Housing Justice Project. I wrote an answer, she reviewed and made some changes and served it by fax. Almost immediately my landlord's attorney called wanting to negotiate. I told my attorney what I wanted, she talked to opposing counsel and I got everything I wanted. I can stay in the house until the end of December at a reduced rent and did not have to pay October's rent due to the past 5 months having no carpet in the bedroom and hallway. Whoopee! So even though I still have to move I'm feeling much better about this situation. Thank you for your prayers and good thoughts. I'll be back soon. <3

That is so awesome to hear!
  • miriamwithcats
    Options
    Gloria, great news.

There was someone else I wanted to respond to, but my brain is fried and I cannot remember. We made it safely to Tulsa with no problems on the trip down. Girls swam last night with their cousins. Late to bed. This morning my sister and I had a nice long chat without the kids since we are both such early risers. Once all the kids woke up (my girls and cousins) grandma (my sister) took my girls to play at their baby brother's and cousins' grandma' house. So I had a chance to read and catch up on all of your posts. So I get some "me" time. I am trying to decide whether to hit the lukewarm hot tub, take a nap, or go shopping since we are across from a mall (I hate shopping). I suspect the nap, or at least getting flat and reading, will win out. I am pooped. My sister and all the rest here are extroverts, so being with others revs them up. I am a severe introvert and just feel my energy being sucked out of me. At least my sister recognizes my need for down time, although I suspect she attributes the need to my arthritis/ pain rather than my introversion.

Love to all!
  • miriamwithcats
    Options
    Oh, I saw a good comment about refugees. Ther terrorism is what they are fleeing FROM, not adding to.
  • pipcd34
    Options
    I found a way to contribute to Kirby's gofundme account. Go to the site and in the search bar enter Lakebay, WA and you will find it.
    Always thinking of you Pip and praying for a good outcome for you and Kirby.
    Chris in MA

Thank u so much, very thoughtful of u
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,369 Member
    Options
    Ugh! In the great scheme of things this seems sooooooo unimportant, but I just got an invoice for my just sold flat for work supposedly done to the exterior last financial year. :sad: :sad: I can't think what they have done! Nothing has been painted and they haven't put double glazing into the flat like the rest of the block has. I have emailed them asking what has been done. No one has painted the front door or anything. I had to fight like crazy to get the one bathroom window replaced.
    Fed up. Don't see why I should pay out for something I don't even know what! ! !

Plus, my newspaper, which I buy on Saturday only for The Guide, has suddenly, with no warning, stopped producing it. It had all the foreign film info I needed to order the ones I liked on Lovefilm. Film reviews, theatre etc. :sad: It was a very important part of my life. I have also emailed them. :'(:'(:'(

DH has taken the hump because I am upset and he was watching his rugby. Good to know his priorities. >:)

Heather UK
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Pip: I am so glad that Kirby is doing well and that coming home will be in the not too distant future. I hope you are taking good care of yourself during this horrible and stressful time. :heart:

Becca: Time to get used to rain for us all in the PNW. When the sun comes out this time of year I like to find a spot and take a sunbath. Even if I'm wearing heavy coats, getting real sunshine into my eyes and face seems to be a mood booster. Find a way to move even in the rain. I have a trainer for my bike so I can ride in the garage when all else is too miserable. I think Barbie walks her dogs, no matter what the weather holds. :bigsmile:

Pip: Great picture of Kirby. I don't see pain lines around his eyes. Is he feeling okay, or is he a terrific actor? I hope he's feeling okay. :heart:

DJ: Best wishes for your little poodle. Our fur babies are so important in our lives. :flowerforyou:

Gloworm in WA: Congratulations on the legal victory with your landlord. I hope you find just the right place to move and it is good that you have some time to look. :flowerforyou:

Heather: Sorry for your frustrations. I hope things come around your way again, especially the flat situation. I hope you are able to get it straightened out to your satisfaction. :grumble: :flowerforyou:

DH got his electric blanket and I turned my side to off. We both slept well because he was willing to let the room temperature drop to a cooler level where I am more comfortable. He was warm enough and I was not too warm. Victory for both of us! :heart:

I had a series if text chats with DD last night and am feeling somewhat better. I will very likely go to help her close up the house in very late December or early January. I'd be hunting for airfare deals but plans are still a bit too fluid for committing to flights. I envy those of you who have kids living reasonably lose by. iI I could have my own way, I'd like mine to be within a one day drive from me. Not happening soon. :ohwell:

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison

November Goals :
    1. Log every bite and swallow.
    2. Cardio exercise at least 3 days a week. Work on flexibility and back strength.
    3. Have fun every day.
    4. Drink at least three glasses of water daily, preferably more!
    5. Eliminate alcohol.
    6. Monitor sleep. Try to average 7 or more hours of sleep nightly.

30881843.png