WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR NOVEMBER 2015

Options

Replies

• margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,101 Member
    Options
    DJ just read the news about Max. (((((Hugs)))))).
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,742 Member
    Options
    UPDATE: Kirby Schlotterback called to tell me that he was able to feed himself with his right hand and put on and button up his shirt with the help of his right hand. Progress!
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Any recommendations on scale? Mine drives me nuts...it keeps fluctuating and if step on it 3 times I get 3 different numbers.

Kimses in MA

Try changing the battery if it is electronic. [/quote]

Cracked me up this is so me, getting on the scale three times. My suggestion DO NOT weigh more than once a week. Weigh approximately the same time each day. Don't obsess with the scale, watch for other successes too such as clothes feeling looser, easier to move and walk, etc. Don't step on the scale three times in a row, once and put it away LOL

We've all been there,

Janetr OKC
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    UPDATE: Kirby Schlotterback called to tell me that he was able to feed himself with his right hand and put on and button up his shirt with the help of his right hand. Progress!

Pip - that is terrific news, what a relief. I have truly worried that all would end up well. Good job, Kirby.

Janetr OKC
    17761776 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    DJ: so sorry for your sadness, they are pure love. Hugs n prayers. Gayle Minneapolis
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,999 Member
    Options
    t2319.gif DJ, Brandy and Sasha and I are so sorry to hear about Max.....we send you many hugs <3<3<3
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    DJ,

So sorry to hear about Max. My prayers and healing thoughts for you.

Cheri NE Ohio

• csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options

This is wonderful news! You and he must feel very proud of his progress!

Cheri NE Ohio
  • miakoda40
    miakoda40 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Yay Kirby!!!! So glad to see he is making progress.
    Mia in MI
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options

Three cheers! :bigsmile:
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,742 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    :0)
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,781 Member
    Options
    DJ ... So sorry to hear about Max ...

Pip ... Glad Kirby is doing better!

Sylvia ... Dual controls in that shower!

Michele ... Lovely rings. Hang on to them.

Lisa ... How did the ribbon cutting ceremony go?

Hello to everyone else!

Beth BUF
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,829 Member
    Options
    Pip~ so wonderful to hear about Kirby!!!
    Janet~ your Max looks just like Homer except he is white and Homer is grey
  • grandmallie
    Options
  • grandmallie
    Options
    yikes sorry he is so big~ this is what he does when he wants attention or treats!!
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,375 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Pip - <3 Great news!

I am home. Spent the whole train journey arguing with DH about the Paris attacks. As I said, I could write a very long essay! Or a book. We had nice food and drink on the train. I ate a lot of seaweed. :laugh:.
    The grandchildren were absolute darlings. DGS said, "Next time you must stay for a sleepover". Definitely will! DGD was a darling. We all went on an aeroplane to visit a jungle. We had to show our passports and tickets and there was turbulence. In the jungle we saw dinosaurs and we were very scared. <3

Glad to be home. Long day. DS mentioned they were thinking of moving. :noway: He is becoming middle aged. Never thought he would contemplate leaving North London. That's what having three children does for you. :laugh: Sooooooo hope he can find a job soon. They must be so worried. Life moves on and things change so fast. To think he used to be a druggy, alcoholic teenager and a free spirit long after university. It's a big thing to have given up his job. DDIL has a lot of faith in him. <3 As his mother I am amazed at his commitment and strength of character.

Penny - loved your Swedish post today. More please!
    Heather UK
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    Heather - I am glad that you had a great time with your DGKS. A sleepover sounds like that would be a great idea!

PIP - I'm glad to hear that Kirby is progressing so well. How are you doing? How is your shoulder feeling? I hope you are doing well!

Allison - you have such a cute furry baby!

Tonight we are going to DGS first basketball game of the season! We have looked forward to this since last year! It is nice to be able to spend time with the family.

Have a great night everyone!

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Heather: Being proud of our adult children is one of life's greatest blessings. :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    DJ, I'm so sorry about Max.

Pip, I'm so happy about Kirby's progress!

Heather, your visit with the grands sounds, well... grand. :) Your son sounds like he will be employed in no time.

The ribboncutting was a success... the parking lot was full of cars, lots of hugs and good wishes, and they asked if I'd be a chamber ambassador, which I said I would. First event will be day after Thanksgiving. And the RV storage lot is now officially open. Yay!

I'm two minutes from the library where my writer's group is held, and I'd walk if I didn't have to walk back! Could probably catch a ride, but not tonight... will just drive and make arrangements for the next time. Odd to hear city noises around the building. Small city, but city, nonetheless. We'll see how I sleep tonight...

The DH made it in for the ribboncutting, bless his heart, his boss stopped in shortly afterward to congratulate and offer advice on what we can do with the warehouse, and the insurance guy stepped in mid-afternoon, was totally flabbergasted at how much work we've done to right the ship, so to speak, and will be finding us some cheaper insurance now that the building is no longer vacant. That's just to name a few.

Have only had about 800 calories today so far; stayed away from all the treats, and had a nice long convo with one of my writers' group friends that just stopped in to natter, something that of course never happens on the ranch. Felt nice to be finally be unpressured, undeadlined, and just here because I want to be. Taking all the treats to writers' group, they can eat or pitch as they desire, and will find something to munch on afterward.

It was a good day... and I'm writing this on my laptop, sitting on a couch in the back office, soon to be my craft room. Off to writer's group!

Love y'all... thank you all so much for the good wishes!
    Regards,
    Lisa in even sunnier West Texas
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,445 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    DJ So sorry that Max didn't make it through. Our fur babies are so precious to us.

Pip What a blessing that you noticed the swelling and got Kirby the anti-clotting drugs. Let's hope it doesn't delay his homecoming. Good to know that you got the Gofundme sorted out. Great news about his progress.

Penny Commiserations! Our laptop is also giving us grief. There is something wrong with the hard drive. Fortunately, we have an external continuous hard drive backup in place, so can access all our documents etc from any laptop. I am using one of Michael's, but it's difficult enough to get used to a new machine without the complications of it defaulting to a second language.

Lisa You are a wonder. I hope your ribbon cutting goes off well. You have worked so hard to get the warehouse ready.
    Read your update. Sounds like it was a stonking success. You deserve it after all your effort. Enjoy your writing group meeting.

Gloria How wonderful that you have had an extension on your present rental. It sounds like things are going to work out for you. It's great that you got off with a warning on the traffic violations, too.

Janetr It's good to know that you are feeling more like exercising. Once you are back on form you will soon lose those few pounds. I know how useful it is to have a handyman for a husband. It saves you so much.

Heather DH looks like he is having a s much fun as the DGKs. Happy Days.

Sorry I have been MIA. I have been having trouble with the MFP app being very sluggish. Had to do a delete and reinstall which seems to have sorted the problem. Computer hard drive is still kaput. A computer savvy friend has offered to have look at it for us. Managing to find my way round DH's laptop, and can access documents as we have a regular backup programme in place.

Had a hectic day today. Chairing my Creative Writing Group this morning. Very high attendance today, so had to keep the discussions in check. I attended a lecture on Peace after lunch, then a meeting of RSPB after dinner. Had to fit in my physio and 10000 steps round those.

As someone who lived through 30 odd years of extreme civil unrest and conflict in Northern Ireland, it pains me that other countries are suffering violence and loss. May those suffering find succour. May peace and enlightenment touch the hearts of the perpetrators. (A faint hope, I know, but I live in hope)

:heart: Healing thoughts and prayers to those who need them! :heart:

:sunglasses: Welcome to our Newbies. Sit a spell! :sunglasses:

:star: Each one of us is a vital cog in an infinite universe. :star:
    We may not know our purpose, but each cog needs to be oiled and tended.

:heart: May peace and joy shine on your day! :heart:

smiley-happy110.gif

Irish Terri