Isagenix, Science or Woo?

Options

Replies

• Destiny4_four
    Destiny4_four Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I'm not asking anyone here to buy anything. I was clear on that. It is the ingredients that "you" must research to see if "you" agree with the benefits (unless you don't think that they put those ingredients in their products). You have yet to demonstrate an opposing factual view. If you have something more to add on free radicals, please do.
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    "We" don't need to do your job. If "You" come in here and say the products do this and that then it's "your" job to show us that that is the truth.
  • Destiny4_four
    Options
    Wrong Steve. I answered the question that started the thread. That's what forums and topics promote.
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    I'm not asking anyone here to buy anything. I was clear on that. It is the ingredients that "you" must research to see if "you" agree with the benefits (unless you don't think that they put those ingredients in their products). You have yet to demonstrate an opposing factual view. If you have something more to add on free radicals, please do.

If you are the one making the claims then you are the one who needs to provide the research. If a customer were to approach you with these questions would you tell them to use Google? I would think that if you sell it then you would already have links bookmarked or readily available.

Your lack of any studies/research just reaffirms that the only thing these coaches/distributors/whatever are not knowledgeable of the product that they are selling.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options

53412923.jpg
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    What irks me the most is the exorbitant price isagenix et al charge. They prey on desperate, gullible and naive overweight people. Morals are just thrown out the window. I wouldn't have the conscience to peddle this stuff :disappointed:
  • Destiny4_four
    Options
    Jkal, what claims am I making? The question was science or woo, I believe. I offered science (if anyone cares to look for themselves) and personal observation. If anyone was truly interested in the answer, I'm assuming that they did at least that.

It surely doesn't matter to me who or how many believe me. For those that really wanted the answer I'm sure they got it already. It is for those that I chose to answer into this thread even after reading some of the posts before I got involved.

And you would be mistaken; I always tell all those that I come in contact with to do their own research. There are numerous reasons for this, and I also encourage my associates/team to do the same.
  • Destiny4_four
    Options
    Christine, price is always a concern of mine too. Some people can not just afford this alternative, and I do steer them in another direction (actually eating healthy, which if you saw I agree with Niner). For those that can or can do the "match and replace" or have reason to believe that they can derive income from it, then I offer to help as much as I can. Many people spend much, much more on Weight Watchers and/or Nutrisystem.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Christine, price is always a concern of mine too. Some people can not just afford this alternative, and I do steer them in another direction (actually eating healthy, which if you saw I agree with Niner). For those that can or can do the "match and replace" or have reason to believe that they can derive income from it, then I offer to help as much as I can. Many people spend much, much more on Weight Watchers and/or Nutrisystem.

Curious, have you garnered any clients since posting in this thread? Because you seem rather adamant about this product. I have some swamp land for sale, real cheap.
  • Destiny4_four
    Options
    Queen, no, and that wasn't my intention. Now what state was that swamp land in? lol
  • queenliz99
    Options
    Queen, no, and that wasn't my intention. Now what state was that swamp land in? lol

It has bubbling crude.
  • Destiny4_four
    Options
    Texas tea?
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Don't look for or expect legitimate studies about any of the scam MLM products (Isagenix, Beachbody, Advocare, ItWorks, etc.) . The companies wouldn't want their products exposed as the ineffective, low quality garbage they are. Their only goal is to fleece desperate/gullible people out of as much money as possible.

Don't expect any educated information from the "coaches" (salespeople) either. Most of them know nothing about nutrition or training other than the advertising hype and pseudoscience mumbo-jumbo they're fed by the company, which, as we've seen, is what they'll parrot when asked about the products.
  • Destiny4_four
    Options
    Anvil, I'm sure if you search hard enough you just might find some studies, and independent ones at that, at least regarding Isagenix products. See if I post them, you see I have to defend them as if they were mine and that is not my intention. Also you are free to offer opposing facts if you find them.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Anvil, I'm sure if you search hard enough you just might find some studies, and independent ones at that, at least regarding Isagenix products. See if I post them, you see I have to defend them as if they were mine and that is not my intention. Also you are free to offer opposing facts if you find them.

See, the thing is, I don't need to search to try to find studies. I already know everything I need to know about sleazy MLM products and would never use them. I know how to lose weight and get fit without wasting my money on scam products. If I'm going to buy supplements, they'll be products which have been researched and proven to be efficient, and I'll buy from legitimate companies which don't make ridiculous claims about their "miracle products".
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options

Isagenix themselves admit they have produced no such studies.
  • queenliz99
    Options
    kkenseth wrote: »

There we go. I didn't know that.
  • Destiny4_four
    Options
    K, where did you read that?
  • dhimaan
    dhimaan Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    What irks me the most is the exorbitant price isagenix et al charge. They prey on desperate, gullible and naive overweight people. Morals are just thrown out the window. I wouldn't have the conscience to peddle this stuff :disappointed:

I couldn't do it either knowing I am selling snake oil to vulnerable people. Much better ways of making money out there.
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    kkenseth wrote: »

There we go. I didn't know that.

Let me clarify that statement actually before I get jumped on. They have a research team that purports to provide clinical analysis of the results of the products, but none of them are peer reviewed and the article that is often considered by Isagenix as peer reviewed IS in a peer reviewed journal, but Isagenix admitted to paying for its publishing.

The results this far have been insignificant, the study designs severely flawed and the peer reviews non existent.