Motivation, Success and Frustration Sharing!

Options

Replies

• janetay01
    janetay01 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    @ShyCush6 - love hte sound of your craft room. I'm not sure I've every really 'got' Pinterest - I was messing around last night and I've created some boards. Must investigate further! Love the thought of you dancing while making cookies with your little one - sounds like such fun. We made muffins at the weekend and Alistair was very insistent that he had to help stir the mix in the bowl!

@tazzy - that booty class sounds good if a little brutal! I know when I've done stuff like that through the Jillian Michaels DVD's just how much it gets to my legs - working from home today so may try and do one of her sessions over my lunch break.

@ngolden3320 - 5 push ups is great. They are my real weakness - I'm not good at them and I start to hurt so soon after starting that I'd be delighted to get to 5. Not sure if my technique is wrong or whether I just don't like them!

@FitEqualsSmile - what is pickleball??? hope your arm is recovering and is just feeling a bit overworked rather than actually injured.

@erod95695 - I'm impressed. When I was pregnant, my workouts quickly went down to lots of walking and not much more. It could be argued that's not really changed in the nearly 16 months since he was born :blush: It sounds like you have a great plan - be gentle on yourself though :)

@danan01 - wow, driving permits - scary times. Sounds like he did good though. You are right they do grow up so fast (mine still has an awful lot of growing to do!) but the time just seems to fly by. And well done on all the work on the rental - that will be a real sense of achievement when you are finally able to put it on the market.

@bluepoppies777 - yep that's a lot of bags. I'm suffering from a bit of 'clutter overload' in the house as well. I tend to hang onto stuff - magazine cuttings and the like - that I'll 'get round to' one day and I rarely do. Perhaps it's time for a proper spring clean! I'm not on premium MFP - I've wondered about it a few times but I'm not keen to take on extra costs at the moment so for now I probably won't bother. I think I"m happy tracking the things that come with the basic membership so they'd need to offer me something truly exciting/amazing!

@Rachel0778 - it's good to realise that you are part of a 'core' group and that other people recognise you for it.

@GillianSmith2 - glad you managed to get into the garden. The weather is finally improving with us (based in Sussex) and I've just got an order delivered of 48 bedding plants for the back garden (and all for no more than the cost of postage through a Gardeners World offer!) so I'll be venturing out into the garden at lunchtime today to get them bedded in.

@rhonda_stout2002 - it sounds to me like you need to review if you are trying to change too much at once. As @ShyCush6 said, start with a couple of little things and build from there. And if you are a rider, think about how you tackled that - you likely fell off a few times early on but you stuck with it. So yes, you may fall off and have a bad day but you can still pick yourself up and start again the next morning. Stick with this thread - I've only been here a few days but it's a great place with good people to keep you going.

Wow, so I miss one day and look at all the catching up - I think I'm there now. Working from home today so going to be able to focus on eating as I should rather than having to avoid the tray of pastries that someone 'helpfully' left next to my desk yesterday :(. Pleased to say that I was able to resist them! It's damp and miserable here - as above, I've got some plants to put into the garden but I was hoping that it would be a bit drier. Hope Wednesday treats you all well :)
  • ngolden3320
    ngolden3320 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    @danan01 I am right there with you on the drivers permit. Cassidy my youngest reminded me on Monday that she can get her permit on May 4th. I think I will be absent from home that day. Not sure I am ready for that one to be driving. The other to didn't freak me out as much as she does. I don't know if it is just cause she is the youngest or what. She drives like a maniac on the four wheeler down at out cabin.

@Rachel0778 I think this post has the BEST "core" people ever. you have all helped me with the ups and downs of this journey.

@GillianSmith2 Lucky you with getting in the garden. Here in Akron, Ohio i'm not sure we will even have a spring. I think we are going to go from winter to summer. Today it is going to be 59 with a wind gust and then start to rain and by the weekend it is going to be in the low 30's ad more snow WTF. It is time for the cold to check out.

@ShyCush6 I wish I could do all of that crafty stuff. My mom and my sister are the crafty ones, and my sister is an awesome baker. If it isn't made in 1 pan (brownies) then i'm not making it. Not really a fan of cooking either.
    Jenna made dinner Sunday night and it was really good. She finds a lot of recipes on Pinterest. Have never really been on Pinterest so not really sure how that works.

@CariTJR Not sure if you are checking in but I hope you are having a fabulous time on your Holiday.

As I was looking over some of the posts I noticed that this thing spell corrects with some words that I don't even think exist. WTH I'm not really that bad of a speller. LOL And I promise it makes sense when I typing it just not after its posted.

Happy HUMP Day to everyone keep kicking *kitten*!
  • GillianSmith2
    GillianSmith2 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
  • GillianSmith2
    Options
    Its raining here today so not really a garden day. I have managed to get a few bits of ironing done, but im not quite sure what to do with the rest of my day. Its amazing how much you can change your daily routine within a few months, I can no longer just sit around, i NEED to be busy. Oh well at least i have the gym later :)
    Happy Hump day everyone
  • TonieLeigh
    TonieLeigh Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I would love to join your group I have trouble staying motivated. I'm back on MFP after a while and want to start getting fit and losing my 'winter weight' as I like to call it! Add me as a friend if you want
    Tx
  • JenHul
    JenHul Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    According to my fitbit, I was awake 11 times & restless 22 times. How? You ask, well it was super windy here last night & the dog would not settle down, the cats wanted to go out, then come back in.Then go out again( it's a cat thing) at 4:30am my car alarm went off! I ran out side with my keys to shut it off, I didn't see anyone or any damage to my ride (whew)So I tried to go back to sleep but my radio alarm went off too soon for my liking, so I had a decision to make: get up & work out OR set alarm & go back to bed.......I GOT UP! Happy Wednesday!
  • Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    Joy @bluepoppies777 and Nichole @ngolden3320 You both made my day :) I'm glad I'm a part of this core group too, you guys are all so amazing and inspirational!

Jane @janetay01 and Nichole @ngolden 3320 You should definitely give pintrest another go! I use that site anytime I get in the recipe doldrums because there are so many healthy unique easy ideas out there that I can sample from.

Gill @GillianSmith2 Any luck finding stuff to fill the rainy day? Happy Hump Day!

@TonieLeigh Welcome, keep posting!

@JenHul You get the dedication award of the day, holy kittens! Talk about turning a bad morning into a good one!

I woke up this morning stiff as a board with a long deep bruise running along my left side ribs. I guess stomach pads can only go so far in protecting you from body kicks! I'm taking it easy today to heal up so I can be ready to hit it hard again tomorrow. Definitely looking forward to curling up on the couch with the dog after work with a heat pack, the dog, and Netflix!

• JenHul
    Options
  • danan01
    danan01 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Jen-I'm sorry you're having a tough day! That can be a hard decision to make. But if you find the right medication for her just think of the relief you and she will get! We had to put our son (my step-son) on meds at around 5 years old for ADHD. It took a bit to find the right one-pay attention to the side affects. Some of them made him into a person he was not. He would cry for no reason, or be withdrawn when that was not normal for him. Once we found the right medication-what a relief! He is going to be 19 next week and around 16 years old he decided he wanted to get off of the medication. He started slowly weaning himself and he no longer takes anything. But it did help calm him down and control his temper while he was on it! I don't think it is for everyone! I know people like to pop pills for everything and it is definitely overused. But it does have its purpose. Just remember you are trying to help your daughter be the best she can be! You can get through it! We are here for you any time you need to just get all out!
  • bluepoppies777
    bluepoppies777 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Jen, sorry to hear that, and of course you would be stressed to the max with that diagnosis! My boys never had to take any medication so I don't know how you are feeling right now, but I can imagine it is so hard!! The only thing I can say is that my older sons best friend had to take meds for adhd when they were kids, probably started in grade 2. He definitely benefited from it, and yes it did take a while to get the correct dose. So be patient and keep tweaking until it feels right. As Dana said, he stopped taking it as an older teen and he is totally an awesome kid, in 3 yr university now and I still love him like my own son. So there is hope in all of this scariness. It's going to be fine, but there will be bumps in the road for sure. Just keep the communication open with your doctor, therapist, teacher, principal and everyone else involved in the care of your child. And yes, wine does help after the kids are in bed!!
  • janetay01
    janetay01 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    @jkhoffe - that's really tough. Not something I have any experience of but I feel for you, I would hate to have to make a call like that for my little boy. But as @danan01 says if you find the right medication, it should make such a postive difference to her and to you all around her. Hope it works out quickly for you and feel free to vent at us whenever you need to.
  • JenHul
    Options
    @jkhoffe my Son was diagnosed in grade 1 (age 6) he is in grade 6 now (12 yrs old) and still on medication. It's a bumpy road you have ahead of you, to find the right type, and dosage that works for your daughter. If you have any questions or just need to talk, I'm here for you.
  • ShyCush6
    ShyCush6 Posts: 951 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Another rainy crappy day!! Slow at work so I already got my 10k steps in riding my bike today! Yeah!!
    I’m jealous of Gill being outside too! This stinks!

Karen – I love the Fitbit challenges… they really do push me… I am way too competitive!

Jane – Pinterest is addicting yet awesome!! I love it! I am constantly making things!! I kind of wish I could weed out the recipes though as it’s hard to be good and see all the sweets!... Also, my little one is not so little. =) She is in 8th grade and is taller than me! But I like to think of her as little! Way to avoid the treats!!! That makes for a great day!

Joy – 3 more boxes last night!! Sweet!!! It feels so good!!!

Nicole – I’m with you… I doubt we will have spring! Snow is in our forecast as well! I wanted to get the patio furniture out of the basement last night but not now! =( Cool that your daughter likes to cook! My daughter likes to bake! She is a Pinterest nutlike her mom! I need to push her towards cooking more instead! I’d like that! My hubby even gets on m Pinterest and pins meals he wants me to make!! He’s even made a few himself!! Love!!

Gill – Rock on… come on over and clean my house!! ;) Way to keep busy girl!! No wonder you rock at the step challenges!

Tonie – Check in here often! Great group of ladies!!

Jen – Sounds like an awful night and an early to bed tonight but way to go in getting up and working out!! Love the Meme!

Rachel – Take it easy and enjoy your night! Sounds like my kind of night!!

Jen – Sorry about your daughter… that is a tough decision!! I’ve heard lots of good things about the meds as well.. hopefully you find the right fit for your daughter!

• JenHul
    Options
    jkhoffe wrote: »
    Thanks Jen, I may take you up on that. We have some pretty great doctors and therapist on our side, so I am hoping they make the bumps more manageable!

This grown up crap is for the birds!

I hear ya "Adulting" is hard
  • bluepoppies777
    bluepoppies777 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Way to go Shy! The cycling under the desk and the purging. Keep it up! The first blog I ever read about minimalism was "Becoming Minimalist", he is SO good. I'm not in fb, but he's in there too. If you go to his site and look up popular posts, they are quite inspiring!
  • erod95695
    erod95695 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Checking in. Hey Hey Hey todays a nice day here in Cali. 4 mo. pregnant today and feeling motivated. R you Motivated ?
  • erod95695
    Options
    Last Night while American Idol was on I got my butt off the couch and got my heart rate pumpen while i was jumpen to git the last 2500 steps off my vivo fit band and i could make goal. Yea! dont matter if it gits done at 2pm at the park or at the last minute 9:30 pm In front of the couch. Goal is to git up and burn em!!!!
  • GillianSmith2
    Options
    Jen - sounds like you've had a tough day. enjoy your wine you deserve it :wink:
    Shy- I would love to come and do your house work for you. if i start walking now how long do you think it would take to get there :lol:

Well i did manage to dodge the April showers today and do a few bits in the garden, I got my ironing done, went to the gym and then took my dog for a nice walk. The longer days are making me feel even more motivated. hopefully as the weather gets better the walks will get longer :smiley:
  • erod95695
    Options
    erod95695 wrote: »
    Thanks My name is Erin I only been apart of this for a week . I am happy that im finally gitting active. Wed. I will be 4 mo. pregnant. My goal is to eat healthy, have fit legs, arms, and back. So far so good, this weekend crushed progress but not to bad. So today I wrapped my thighs lower belly/back, butt with surrand wrap then walked 8 laps at park, goal to sweat cellulite out, have smoother results when in my shorts. Ive added a 3 pnd weight to walk with for my arms last week. Ive yet to start squats , planks and lunges. One thing at a time, building momentum.

Erin, wow and wow. When I was pregnant I think I walked and maybe walked. You go girl.

Thanks, Im not sure how to respond like you did trying still to make since of this reply thing. if this is the wrong way we'll see after i hit post. well i gained a miserable 100 pnds with first baby, so now im educated and smart. ;)
  • ShyCush6
    ShyCush6 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    erod95695 wrote: »
    Last Night while American Idol was on I got my butt off the couch and got my heart rate pumpen while i was jumpen to git the last 2500 steps off my vivo fit band and i could make goal. Yea! dont matter if it gits done at 2pm at the park or at the last minute 9:30 pm In front of the couch. Goal is to git up and burn em!!!!

Those nights are kind of fun... trying to squeeze every last step you can get!!