Motivation, Success and Frustration Sharing!

Options

Replies

• FitEqualsSmile
    FitEqualsSmile Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Well wit the snow my pickle ball was canceled as the gym was being used for lacrosse practice. Not too happy but I think my arm was happy. I attempted to shoot back directly into a new yoga pose and ended up flat on my face. My whole arm was screaming. Hopefully it will be happy in the morning as I have aerial yoga and sort of need my arms, lol.

Hope everyone had a successful day and remember to make at least in person smile
  • FitEqualsSmile
    Options
    Well, what the heck happened to all the comments...balderdash. Let's try again
  • FitEqualsSmile
    Options
    erod95695 wrote: »
    Thanks My name is Erin I only been apart of this for a week . I am happy that im finally gitting active. Wed. I will be 4 mo. pregnant. My goal is to eat healthy, have fit legs, arms, and back. So far so good, this weekend crushed progress but not to bad. So today I wrapped my thighs lower belly/back, butt with surrand wrap then walked 8 laps at park, goal to sweat cellulite out, have smoother results when in my shorts. Ive added a 3 pnd weight to walk with for my arms last week. Ive yet to start squats , planks and lunges. One thing at a time, building momentum.

Erin, wow and wow. When I was pregnant I think I walked and maybe walked. You go girl.
  • FitEqualsSmile
    Options
    Welcome newbies. So I started a couple of 30 day challenges squats, planks, push ups, and abs. Along with my cardio abs arms. I am up to 5 push ups I could do 5 good push ups when I was younger abs did now absent 47 I'm up to 5. You guys absndndtre just killing it. Keep up the great work

Great job on the challenges. I just started doing the plank challenge right now but with all my yoga it is the ONE thing I sort of got. I am up to 85 seconds (I think I sort of got it)
  • danan01
    danan01 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Good morning! How's everyone doing today?

@ngolden3320 I have issues posting with my phone too. Last time I tried, I did it three times and it kept printing one or two sentences and cut the rest off. I finally got sick of typing the same thing. That is usually why I don't post much on the weekends because we are always out of town and I don't have my computer with me. I don't have an excuse for not posting yesterday, other that I was really tired! I kept up with the reading though. I enjoy hearing about how everyone is doing! I am so sorry to hear about your daughters friend. How horrible it would be to lose a child. I can't even imagine! Hug your kids every chance you get!

@CariTJR I am sorry to hear about your mom. I hope you are having a great time on your holiday! And hopefully your mom will be feeling better before you get back! Sounds like a fun trip!

@janetay01 Awe-first haircut. That is kind of exciting and kind of sad at the same time! They grow up so fast! Hope your household gets healthy soon! Your summer holiday sounds fun! Something exciting to look forward to. Sounds like the perfect way to celebrate your 40th! I have a couple of years to go but am trying to get healthy before I get there!

@GillianSmith2 Sounds like you had a fun but busy weekend! Spending time in the garden sounds awesome! I do not have a green thumb at all, but we try. I am hoping to try to get some vegetables planted this year, but we will see how that goes.

@SusanConway333 Awesome job on the 4 pound loss! And sounds like your birthday weekend was enjoyed and successful! Now just get back at it this week and look forward!

@FitEqualsSmile way to go on your breakthrough! It is frustrating getting stuck! It's fun shopping in your closet! I know how you feel when people you would hope would be happy for you don't even say anything or notice your weight loss. I have lost over 30 lbs and there have only been a couple of people who have said anything. And the ones who did are really only coworkers that I see infrequently, not really friends. You would think your friends would say something. But-don't worry about it and just keep doing what your doing! The weather has been crazy lately! Thankfully where I am its been nice and warm, but I feel bad for all the people dealing with the snow and cold weather again. Im not a big plain water drinker either. I have been doing the sparkling water with some crystal light for flavor. I figure its much better than soda or anything like that. Hope your arm feels better soon!

@Rachel0778 Spring cleaning... I need to do some at my house. Since we are gone every weekend it doesn't get done as often as I would like. And yeah-we argue and get grumpy too! Even working on this house in florida. It is great when things go right. But when they don't we hardly talk to each other. Some times I wonder if it is worth it, but we are managing. We did have a more relaxing weekend last weekend. Since we had a friend with us we didn't do much work, and spent a bit of time on the beach. The weather was perfect! I can't wait until we are finished with the house so we can spend more time at the beach!

@ShyCush6 Your craft room sounds fun! I really wish I was creative and could do some of that stuff! Do you make any wood signs that would go good in a tiki bar? We have a little tiki hut/bar in our back yard that is kind of fun to find things that go with it! Is it warming up in Wisconsin yet after last weekend? Crazy weather. We have some friends in Milwaukee and they were talking about all the snow. I do not miss Minnesota/Wisconsin winters at all! Its crazy that it can be that cold and get snow all the way into April!

@bluepoppies777 Wow-100 bags in a year? That is a great idea! My husband and I have moved so many times its amazing how much stuff accumulates! Especially when you go from 2500 square feet down to 1500 square feet. We have an attic full of stuff that we aren't using, but it is so hard getting rid of stuff when you don't know when you will need it again. We just have to start doing it though! Our oldest is talking about moving out soon, so we are holding on to some stuff for him, but he has been talking about it for a while now. Or attic and my closet! Those are the two places that need to be cleaned out! Maybe one day... I love looking through old photo albums! Way to find some motivation! I noticed the "kittens" in your post, but that is funny that your words got changed! LOL!

@tazzy2911 booty boot camp sounds fun, but tough! I need to get some squats in!

Wow-I think I am caught up now. You guys are awesome! Well, I took my son yesterday for his permit. Scary! They really do grow up way too fast! I was a little nervous to let him drive back after he got it, so I drove part way and we had to stop at the grocery store. I let him drive the rest of the way and he did pretty good. It is going to be another busy week! And we will be back on the road to Florida on Friday. Now we really need to kick it in gear and get work done on this house. We were hoping to be able to put it back on the market by May 1st, but I don't think we will have it ready by then. We have a bunch out outdoor stuff to do now, so I am glad the weather is warming up (at least in this part). Well, I hope everyone has a great day and keep up the great work! (I should get back to work now probably) :smiley:

• bluepoppies777
    bluepoppies777 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Dana, good for you for working so hard on your vacation rental, plus keeping the family going, plus working out and watching what you eat! Talk about supermom!! Yes, 100 bags in one year was totally awesome, I've already got another bag full. It takes some time and practice to look at each item and ask yourself, do I use this? Do I love this? Why do I have this? You would be surprised at how many things you can give away. Even gifts that you have been given, if you have enjoyed them, don't feel bad about parting with it! It feels really good to shed all of that extra weight, kind of like a house diet!

Question for all of you lovely friends... Is anyone on the premium MFP? If so, did you start on the free one, do you love it, is it that much better than the free one? Just curious! I'm on the free one and it is ok, but wondered what are these special features that you pay for extra?
  • Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    @FitEqualsSmile What happened to your arm? Is it just an overuse injury? I hope it feels better for aerial yoga. That is such a cool activity, I am seriously jealous.

Dana @Danan01 Eeek! They grow up so fast! Glad to hear he did a great job out on the roads. I second Joy's comment about you being supermom!

Jen @ChangeIsADecision I hate TOM too, hopefully you feel back to normal soon

Nichole @ngolden3320 Sounds like your killing it with your daily challenges! 5 full push ups is no joke!

Erin- Welcome to the group. It's very cool you're focusing on a fit pregnancy, although I'm confused why you'd want to saran wrap yourself to shed temp. water weight when you're doing so great making sustainable changes!

Joy @bluepoppies777 I love the idea of a "house diet". I got rid of 4 boxes of stuff over the last week. It's insane how much it accumulates! I still feel like I have way too much stuff, but my best friend calls me a minimalist so I must be doing okay. I just figure more stuff means more dusting and organizing, 2 of my least favorite things!

At practice the other day, the instructor was talking about how we have a great "core" group at the gym. When I realized he meant me as a part of that I got ridiculously excited. I've only been training there for a few weeks, but it's felt like such a good fit from day one that I'm glad they feel the same way. It feels so nice to have a team again instead of drifting mindlessly through random classes that I only sorta liked. I'm seriously counting down to kickboxing practice tonight. I invested in my own gear over the weekend so I can't wait to try it out!
  • FitEqualsSmile
    Options
    Well, I survived Circus School, okay aerial yoga, and the arm survived but it is sore. I am hoping it is just strained and not the start of tennis elbow or something crazy like that. I make sure to do my plank challenge on my elbows but make it though my 85 seconds.

The rest of my day is paperwork, bills and the dreaded ironing, I hate the ironing.

Have a great day everyone...Karen

Rachel - always nice to feel home at the gym. I have been a going to the same gym 3 days a week since November for my trainer and there is definitely a core group of people. I was very happy when the New Years Resolution people faded away, hehe. Great Job!!

Joy - I have MFP premium. I wanted to play with my macros as I had a three week lag where the scale was not moving at all and my trainer really wanted me to concentrate more on my protein and I REALLY HATE THE ADS. For me I just broke it down to pennies a day and went for it. I like it and I do get great customer support when I have a question, normally within hours. I can also customize my header to see the nutritional values I want to concentrate on not just calories alone.

Dana - wow, permit time. It is great, all you girls with your younger kids. I remember taking my boys and cringing. One was a natural born driver and the other I still don't like to get in the car with him, holy distractible. Good luck and be patient. If he is your first the best piece of advice I can give for your marriage if is both of you are in the car only one should be giving driving directions - holy arguments in my household.
  • GillianSmith2
    GillianSmith2 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, welcome to the newcomers.

Dana - my son has just turned 17 and has just got his provisional driving license, we are just in the process of booking his lessons but they cost so much, i think they should learn in school :)

Rachel - the gym i go to has a great core group and it certainly does help with the motivation. Im not sure i would push myself has hard if i was on my own.

Karen - aerial yoga sounds like so much fun :smiley: What do you do in your plank challenge?

Joy - i love the idea of a house diet, my house could do with one of them, Especially in the loft. anything we dont use gets put in the loft. I would hate to think how much stuff is actually up there :blush:

We have our Easter half term holidays for the next 2 weeks so lots of chores to do around the house and garden. I have had another busy day in the garden digging holes, raking and shifting soil for the last 6 hours. its all starting to take shape and is looking good, so hopefully in the summer we can sit outside and enjoy it.
    I cant believe i have joined up to 3 steps challenges this week. why do i do this to myself :lol:

hope everyone is doing great and enjoy the rest of your day
  • ShyCush6
    ShyCush6 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Nicole… great job on the challenges!!!
    Welcome Erin & Trebolita!
    Dana… I love the tiki look… Lexi had a beach theme in her bedroom… so I have lots! I want your tiki bar in my backyard! =) It’s still cold… Suppose to hit 43 today for a high… The snow this weekend is gone but it still stinks that we had it at all! No suppose to warm up for a week or so… I’m ready to get out of WI myself! Maybe 5 years when Lexi goes off to college!
    Joy… I did two boxes last night!! Feels great!! I’m on the freebie as well!
    Rachel…you are doing so awesome with your classes… You are committed and people like that in a “core” group! We love ya!
    Karen… Who likes to iron! Ugh! Take care of the arm girl!
    Gill… You rock in step challenges! Thanks for pushing the rest f us!! Love gardening! Honestly… my favorite part is weeding… I know I am weird! I will go to my parents and spend hours weeding her flower beds and garden! It’s mindless but peaceful!

So last night… Lexi and I watched Survivor… Anyone a Survivor junkie? We are behind cause we watch it online, but it’s “our time”. My hubby asked if we could make him cookies… Yes, the Easter treats are finally out of the house! =) So we did but we also, did some Pinterest work outs AND we worked very hard to get some of our step challenges in! We jogged and giggled in the kitchen and kept trying to beat the people ahead of us in our Fitbit challenges… then one of us would and the other was so close to beating their person we kept going.. therefore we did great! Proud of her for pushing me!! I’m actually kind of sore from some of the squats and lunges we did! One thing I love is that I invested in a large tv for my kitchen. My Christmas present this year! I have a large kitchen and a great place to workout! Chad worked in the living room while we made too much noise and the dog was wondering what we were doing… she kept licking and jumping on us when we would do pushups & stuff on the ground… it was funny! Great night and burned some calories as well, not too mention caught up on one of our favorite shows!
  • ngolden3320
    ngolden3320 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Dana. I also do not have a green thumb, but I am a champion pricker weed grower.
  • rhonda_stout2002
    rhonda_stout2002 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    New too :) would love to have some friends to go throuh my weight loss journey , i have tried many many many times and just can't seem to stick with it for over a week or so. Has anyone else had this problem? I think i am ready this time once and for all . I have a new horse and need to loose weight and feel like doing something besides sleeping :)
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    New too :) would love to have some friends to go throuh my weight loss journey , i have tried many many many times and just can't seem to stick with it for over a week or so. Has anyone else had this problem? I think i am ready this time once and for all . I have a new horse and need to loose weight and feel like doing something besides sleeping :)

Rhonda... the first step is determination to stick to it! It's not easy and you will "fall off the track" but it's worth getting back on and starting again! Just take each day step by step. Don't try to change the world in one day... Choose little things and stick with them for a week... Then add something new. Try drinking more water or adding in 30 min of exercise, cutting out soda or something else that you know you overindulge. It's trying and it's hard but it's worth it!!
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    jkhoffe wrote: »
    Shy- I am super jealous of you fun workout with your Daughter! Sounds like a ton of fun!

@rhonda_stout2002 - well-you are in the right place with the right group of people. Take it one day at a time, and it will happen

Thanks! She is so motivating! I just love it!! We seriously worked out in the kitchen for over 2 hours! It was fun... of course we ate some cookies before but hey... you win some you lose some! ;)
  • GillianSmith2
    GillianSmith2 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Shy, that work out with your daughter sounds like so much fun. I love family time :smiley:
  • FitEqualsSmile
    Options
    Gillian - I am so jealous that you are outside already. I am sitting here are the kitchen table looking at about 4 inches of snow still, hoping for spring to stick. Plank challenges are easy. I use an app but you can find them on pintrest. You start out at a certain time and increase it a little each day. It is supposed to get you bikini ready (in about 12 years for me)

Shy - love that you work out with your kid. That is great. I "upgraded" to an apple watch last year but I do miss my fitbit at times, especially those challenges. They were A LOT of fun.

@rhonda_stout2002 - take it a day at a time and remember it really in calories in/calories out and there is no quick fix or "program" which is going to make if go any faster. Good Luck. Feel free to add me!!
  • tazzy2911
    tazzy2911 Posts: 323 Member
    Options

The important thing when you're starting out is not to give up, especially if you have a blowout (be it a meal or a whole day) is to draw a line under it, get over it and start again straight away! We all have bad days but you can't let it turn into a bad week/month! You can do this!! Check in here with all these wonderful ladies regularly!!!
  • tazzy2911
    tazzy2911 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Shy, your workout with lexi and Bentley sounds great!!!
  • Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    Karen @FitEqualsSmile Bills and ironing? Ugh, my two least favorite things! I hope you're able to add something fun into the mix. I'm also stuck in a horrible weather state (it started hailing this morning, no joke). I can't wait for Spring to finally arrive (in late May I'm sure lol)

Gill @GillianSmith2 I need to borrow your green thumb! Sounds like you've got a crazy active day planned!

Shy @ShyCush6 I love that you and Lexi are able to be active together! Your family time sounds like a blast. What a great way to burn off those delicious homemade cookies. I love that dogs think that exercise means playtime for them too. My dog is constantly trying to steal my yoga mat from me!

@rhonda_stout2002 If you're having trouble sticking to something for longer than a week that's leads me to think that the changes you're making feel unsustainable. Start by just tracking your regular food to see where you're at for a few days, and then cutting back small amounts here or there or adding in more fruits and vegetables. Slow and steady wins the race because that way you can stick with it for the long haul!

• bluepoppies777
    bluepoppies777 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Karen, thanks for telling me about the premium MFP... I'm on the fence. Will wait and see a little longer.
    Next question for you, do you like your Apple Watch? What makes it better than the Fitbit? I was looking at the watch that the biggest loser contestants wear on the show, and wondered how that would compare to an Apple Watch. I'd like to upgrade to something that has a heart rate monitor this year. That would be more accurate for my calories burned. Sometimes I wonder about the amounts that MFP calculates for certain exercises!

Gill, nice work on the garden. You will be able to sit back and enjoy it soon!
    Shy, cool workout. I love family work outs, even kooky/cookie ones! Ha! I went for an hour hike with my younger son on Sunday, we had a great time.
    Rachel, of COURSE you are in the core group at your gym! Ummm, because you are dedicated and just plain awesome! You're in our core group for the same reasons!!
    Rhonda, you can't "think you might be ready this time".... That won't stick. I have been there. You gotta want it like nothing else. You have to believe that you are going to succeed! This takes determination! So roll up your sleeves and give yourself a talking to...You are the only one who can do this for you, once and for all! I'm sure that you can do it too, it takes time but we are all getting there together!