Motivation, Success and Frustration Sharing!

Options

Replies

• PhedraJD
    PhedraJD Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    @gemwolf110 Wow, that would be a beautiful gown.

@janetay01 I think we all need a break, sometimes all we can do is just hang on for dear life until life decides to slow down.

@rachel0778 Congratulations! I knew you could do it. Before long you will be skating in games.

@soli0002003 Welcome, hop on the board, and good luck with your journey.

I had a crappy weekend. My BF went up hunting, and all of a sudden I have my 3 kids, his mom and the dog to be in charge of. Nothing really overwhelming, but more than I have had to do for several months. To top it off, not only was I down because he wasn't around I felt like crap. So being down. not feeling well I didn't get any exercise in, except the stuff for my challenges, and ate horribly. Especially yesterday. Hoping being back at work will help with the routine stuff, and it will be easier to stay on point, and get some exercise in. I hope everyone else had a better weekend than I did.
  • BestVersionOfMe301
    Options
    I just stumbled across this thread. You guys are so amazing and encouraging! :smile:
  • PhedraJD
    Options
    @BestVersionOfMe301 You are welcome to join us. Check in when you can, cheer on those you can, and share your troubles, successes and anything else you want.
  • Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    Welcome @soli0002003 and @BestVersionOfMe301!

@jdelaroy Sorry to hear your weekend was a downer :( Hopefully the routine will help today

@janetay01 Glad to hear you had a great girls night out!

My weekend was amazing! I was able to spend Friday night catching up with my Mom. Saturday I had my trail race. We didn't go the full 8 hours, but we did run 8 trail miles and walked 13 more so I got a great workout in. Then on Saturday night I got together with a bunch of friends to see Thunder from Down Under! I was way more impressed by the show than I was expecting to be, it was an absolute blast! On Sunday I was so exhausted I basically spent the entire day on the couch.

On the downside I basically ate my way through this weekend, it was junk food-a-polooza! I really need to get out of this habit that I've fallen into the last few weeks before the holidays hit.

I also need to get out of the comparison trap. I'm really proud of my body and all that it can do and I need to remind myself of that when I see friends who are much thinner and get jealous.
  • BestVersionOfMe301
    Options
    Thank you @Rachel0778 :)
  • BestVersionOfMe301
    Options
    @jdelaroy Thanks!! :)
  • JenHul
    JenHul Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Yes! I actually got up early (thanx to daylight saving time) & walked on treadmill for 30 mins before work today! Hoping I finally have my groove back, I've been such a slacker lately
  • BestVersionOfMe301
    Options
    @gemwolf110 Thanks! :)
    Oh my, sorry to hear about your knee. Take care though!
  • ShyCush6
    ShyCush6 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Jdelaroy: Nice job on the oreos and no to the twinkie!! I would have been curious about the pumpkin spice twinkie… What don’t they make pumpkin spince these days! Hope you are enjoying your new gym membership!

Nicole: So sorry you’ve been sick… I’ve been MIA as well! Hope you are back to feeling better!

Rachel: Awesome idea for the Halloween costume! Love it! I was “Coke”.. the other half to “Jack”… My husband doesn’t like dressing up so we went as “Jack and Coke”… it’s our usual drink order and it fit us to a tee… Plus he already had his outfit! Way to go with the DERBY!! We had no doubts you would do it!! Sounds like a fun weekend!!

Joy: Hope you are back on the wagon… Let’s do the 10 lbs! We can do this by New Year!! Hope your 21 year old hasn’t given you too many gray hairs.. =)

Gem: Love the wedding dress ideas… so is there a date we should know about?! Yay! I Love weddings! Beautiful dress!!! Hope your knee feels better!!

Looks like everyone did pretty good through Halloween!! Way to go Guys!!
    Sorry I have been MIA… Work has been crazy… working in advertising around the holidays can make a person nuts! Our marketing person broke her leg so she is out and guess who her backup is!? Yep.. you guessed it! Me! I feel like I am swimming… everyday! I’ve pretty much put myself on hold… I’m irritated that I have but between work, getting ready for Lexi’s birthday party this weekend… (her birthday is today) and stuff going on every night it seems… I am ready to have some me time! Tonight I have free so hopefully I will get a workout in… I hate that it will be dark when I leave work though, as that usually makes it harder to motivate myself… Tomorrow night we have Lexi’s volleyball banquet, Wednesday I work late, Thursday we are going out for Lexi’s birthday meal… first day we could fit it in… Friday we are going out with friends, Sat… my husband’s family is getting together for his dad’s birthday… all day at our cabin… so I am looking forward to that! All but the smorgasbord of food! We will stay over and be there Sunday too! I’ve been focusing a little on the holidays as well… When I was birthday shopping I was getting ideas for Xmas shopping too! I’m actually doing pretty good as my yearly bin has lots of great finds throughout the year that I gathered! Yay! I’m ahead so far!
  • PhedraJD
    Options
    @rachel0778 Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend. I am beginning to be jealous of them. You always sound like you are having fun, and doing something great.

@jenhul Great job! I feel like I have been in a slow fall off the wagon. I have been struggling to hold on, so anything that gets you motivated is fantastic.

@ShyCush6 oh my gosh, you are always so busy! I hope you get to come up for breath soon. I don't know how you handle it all. My little sis is in marketing and they have her flying all over the country. Luckily for her, her kids are almost all grown up, and my mom lives with them to help out when she isn't around.

So I did weigh in, and I gained a pound from last weeks weigh in. No surprise there though. It is a bummer, especially since Saturday when I weight it said I was down a pound from the week before. I am going with some of it is from eating too much, and some is water weight.

We haven't joined the gym yet, we are waiting for the BF to get back at the end of the week. However, I still had one free day to use the facilities. I went last night. I was proud of myself, I was a little anxious to go myself, but I did it. I loved the cinema area. I spent a total of an hour doing cardio. Woo hoo, and I managed to stay below calories yesterday.

My NSV's for the week. My little sister (very athletic and super fit) was visiting my older sister and made a comment about how well I am doing, and how proud of me she was. This is awesome (She usually is the one that picks at everyone)

My favorite one. I was making dinner and doing squats while I was waiting for something to cook in the kitchen. My youngest daughter comes in and exclaims "Mommy, you aren't really fat anymore!"
  • goodfelv
    goodfelv Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I was so excited to find this post and then find it still going a year after it was started! How motivational to find a committed group (with a clearly committed and caring ringleader) with whom to share the journey. I came back to MFP a few weeks ago after a long hiatus. I've joined a gym and am focusing on small sustainable changes to my diet (a whole new concept for me). Thank you for creating a place to share the struggles and successes. I too promise to cheer and commiserate with you :)
  • JenHul
    JenHul Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    @jdelaroy That's great NSV"s for sure! The best of all, is that you are feeling proud of yourself!
  • Rachel0778
    Options
    Welcome @goodfelv! Glad to have you in the group!

@jdelaroy Those are some great NSVs! Great job going to the gym solo for the first time, that always takes some serious bravery! The last few years I've been trying to say "yes" more to things, even when I'm scared which is why I'm always doing different odd events. I was tired of fear driving my decisions and keeping me away from exciting new opportunities. It sounds like you're starting to do the same!

@shycush6 Work sounds brutal right now! You definitely deserve a day away at the cabin :)

@gemwolf110 Sorry to hear about your knee :( Great job still keeping active and finding something that works for you. Keep it up and you'll be back at your 2013 self in no time!

@JenHul Great job making daylight savings work to your advantage! I was a slacker and slept the extra hour lol.

Derby practice last night was a blast! I love that we've moved on to the striking portion since I might end up being good at it (as long as I can keep my balance!). Tonight I'm going to hit up my polling place on the way home from work and then ignore the election and instead do a Yoga Meltdown DVD and watch cheesy TV shows. I'll do my civic duty but I refuse to dwell on this election cycle anymore!
  • wishfuljune
    wishfuljune Posts: 2,586 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! Sorry I've been MIA. I briefly read everyone's posts, and congratulations to everyone, and welcomes to all the new people! I've been super busy with work, Nanowrimo, and still trying to fit in my workouts. Keep up the good work everyone! :) I'll try and check in a bit more often here.
  • bluepoppies777
    bluepoppies777 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I've been MIA the last week too! Sorry about that, it's been bananas over here, work is nuts, and we have been busy socially too. I have to stay until 7pm for a meeting tonight at work... and I still have work that I have to do from last Thursday on my desk. YIKESSSS!
    Gem - That wedding dress is gorgeous! You will have to share a pic of the one you end up buying!
    Shy - my twin, who is just as busy as me! (well, maybe you are a bit busier. LOL!) Love that halloween costume combo. Your weekend sounds great! Just try to stick with the healthy foods, even though it is a challenge when there is so much to choose from.
    Rachel - congrats on making the team! We all knew you would make it!
    Jane - your girls night sounds awesome, it's nice to indulge sometimes! you deserve it!
    June - that novel writing sounds interesting! What is yours about?
    Welcome to all newbies, feel free to add me!
    Well, during my busy week I was struck down by a slump (again). Feeling sorry for myself/pity party. Tired of being fat, always going to be fat etc etc. Gained 2 lbs, but then picked myself up and gave myself a talking to, and lost those 2. I think I have to come up with a mantra for myself, a positive thing I can tell myself when I'm feeling bummed about my progress. Does anyone else have anything they tell themselves? I'm going to consciously try to only think positive things, and when my mind slips, change it quick!
    On another note, I went to spin class this morning and it was so awesome. Plus it's a sunny, gorgeous day here with leaves still falling. Aaaaaannnnddd the daylight savings time is kicking my butt again - struggle with that every time! I'm tired so early, was 8:30 when I went to bed! haha!
    One last thing - good luck with the election tonight! Us Canadians are watching closely, and feeling kind of nervous!
  • PhedraJD
    Options
    @goodfelv Welcome Back! I too, was excited to find this thread. I try and come by everyday except weekends. I find it so motivational to see how everyone else is doing and what they are doing to stay healthy.

@rachel0778 I have been trying to be more positive and open to new experiences. It is a long process though. I loved your idea of avoiding all the media crap after voting. I did the same.

@jenhul Thanks! I am trying to be more positive about my accomplishments. My older sister suffers from depression and has a hard time being proud of herself, and acknowledging when she has done something great. Seeing this makes me want to be a role model for her, and wants me to not become that way. It makes it harder to do anything when you don't see what you have done. I also suffer from depression occasionally.

@wishfuljune That is so great that you are writing. I always say I am going to do it, but life always seems to get in the way. I also hope things are going well with the trainer.

@bluepoppies777 Good for you for picking yourself up and getting right back on. You are nervous? Try living here. Out of curiosity, I tried to look up what it would take to move to Canada. The website crashed because so many people were visiting it. Hmm, there are a lot of unhappy people here in the US today.

Sometimes when I am walking I have a mantra I say to myself it is all about positive self worth. It goes something like this: I am a happy healthy successful person, I weigh 140 pounds (goal weight), I am loved, I am a good mother, sister, friend, daughter, and girlfriend, I am wealthy and money flows to me in abundance. Try watching the "Secret". It is about positive vibes, and putting things that you want into the universe, hence my mantra.

Yesterday was a productive day for me. I did my lunch walk, walked after work while waiting for the kids to get out of school. Did 1 arm video, did 10 minute jump roping; and in attempt to avoid listening to election crap all night; I made dinner, cleaned my room, both bathrooms, the kitchen, the extra fridge, the living room, did 2 loads of laundry, and vacuumed the upstairs hallway. All of that cleaning would be my normal Saturday morning, might be able to just do touch ups this weekend.

After all of that, I couldn't sleep. I think I finally fell asleep around 1 am, then up at 5. :( Hopefully being at work will keep me on track.
  • Rachel0778
    Options
    @bluepoppies777 Speaking for America, we're sincerely sorry! I seriously couldn't believe my eyes when I woke up this morning. As far as mantras, I have to constantly fight negative self talk. I find I am much better at healthy habits when I speak well of my body because then I want to take care of it. I try to list several things I like about myself every day (and it's not always easy)

@gemwolf110 You're doing great, keep up the great work! You're going to look great in your dream dress for your wedding, no matter what your size!

@wishfuljune Keep up the great work with nanowritmo!

@jdelaroy I love how productive you were on election night. I curled up with hot tea and a trashy TV show to avoid reality lol. I also love your mantra. It is so important to remind ourselves what we are grateful for.

I literally have nothing good to say so I'm not going to say anything at all. I hope you all have a wonderful Wednesday. I'm going to yoga to de-stress.
  • bluepoppies777
    bluepoppies777 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Welp, it's safe to say Canada is in shock with the election results! I know politics and religion are extreme touchy subjects, but all I can say is WOW! A sexist, racist, foul reality tv star has been elected POTUS, with no government or military experience. I never thought it would happen. My brother lives in San Fran but isn't able to vote because he's Canadian, so we were watching closely.

Gem: Nice pics you posted of you racing! I love it. You look great in both pics to me, but yes you want to look your best for your wedding, that's for sure! You can do it! One of my secret goals is to fit back into my wedding dress. In December it will be 12 years, and I weigh 35 lbs more than I did on my wedding day.

Jen: I heard that the Canadian Immigration website crashed! that is crazy! Good for you for keeping busy last night, I tried to do the same too. You were definitely more productive than I was though!
    and thanks for telling me about your mantra, I'm going to adopt that too! I need to wash away negative thoughts about myself, and fill up with positivity. I know from experience that when I believe that I'm going to get fit and lose weight, it happens. If I keep telling myself "I'm not going to lose weight this week", then guess what, it happens!

Rachel - I'm also going to try that, listing off several things I like about myself... can't hurt!! Yoga can't hurt today either, under the circumstances!!

Hope everyone has a great day today. I was supposed to walk with my girlfriend after work today, but she just cancelled on me. So I will have to figure out something else to do instead!
  • PhedraJD
    Options
    @bluepoppies777 Walk by yourself, not as fun, but you don't need her to do it. Or go check out another class at your gym.