Motivation, Success and Frustration Sharing!

Options

Replies

• ChangeIsADecision
    ChangeIsADecision Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Smoked our turkey we shared with my folks yesterday.... SO YUMMY!!
    k26aykalq5wa.jpg
  • nikhbee
    nikhbee Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Good morning folks! Great to see all the progress here through the holidays. I started this week with not much exercise. I made it up over the last two days though, skiing at the Tahoe mountains. I'm still a beginner and discovered many new muscles during my two day session (ouch). Now my motivation is to make my body more fit and toned so I can go down the slopes with glee abandon. Stay strong over the weekend! I'm off to the couch with my hot water pack
  • nikhbee
    nikhbee Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Smoked our turkey we shared with my folks yesterday.... SO YUMMY!!

Awesome, looks like your family had a great thanksgiving!
  • ChangeIsADecision
    Options
    Healthy is going to look so good on me! I'm staying focused on the goal.

Love that .... "Healthy is going to look good on me"!! Awesome!!
  • ChangeIsADecision
    Options
    How's everyone doing? Are we getting back on track? I've decided I ~~MUST STOP EATING~~ so I got up and went straight downstairs. Did 45 mins on the elliptical! I was watching a periscope from Chalene Johnson yesterday and she said a few points to get back on track - 1) do a good, sweaty, 45-60 min routine. Nothing too hard core...unless you want to. 2) Drink water, water, water. 3) Forgive yourself and move on! ;)

Today's Insta post...
    715ik8zyc1an.jpg
  • zenjen13
    zenjen13 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I'm thankful Canadian Thanksgiving is sooner than yours, gives us Canucks a bit of a buffer before the holiday season!
  • amandabevilacqua
    Options
    So good to see all of these positive posts! Exactly what I needed after Thanksgiving weekend & before I leave on Thursday for my honeymoon in Maui! Have a great Monday, everyone!
  • ChangeIsADecision
    Options
    So good to see all of these positive posts! Exactly what I needed after Thanksgiving weekend & before I leave on Thursday for my honeymoon in Maui! Have a great Monday, everyone!

Oh wow...CONGRATS!! Enjoy your vacay! ♥
  • Hot9Stff
    Hot9Stff Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi! After off and on success/failures over the years, I am determined to get serious about my weight. I am so tired of avoiding getting my picture taken and trying not to see my own reflection in windows/mirrors. I just want to be happy about myself again! I live a relatively active lifestyle (I own my own farm and it is just me so I do A LOT by myself) and I have always worked out. I can get on a treadmill and run for 2 or 3 miles or do an hour of yoga. I finally weighed myself and couldn't believe the number...how is it that I am capable of working out like I do and I'm still THAT heavy.... I have about 120 lbs to lose and want to get more active in the community this time to help me do it. I also bought a fitbit to help. MyFitnessPal is a great tool and I am DETERMINED to be successful this time! I look forward to cheering you all on as well!
  • domsav4
    domsav4 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Help! Well about me, I was 321lbs and had RNY gastric bypass in 11/2011 and at my lowest weight I was 175. Well I feel myself not fitting into my clothes and feeling miserable. I weighed myself this am and I am up to a whopping 195 and I feel so ashamed and like I have failed. I am a single mom and have been for quite sometime and I am just so frustrated with everything. I need to get back on track and I always told myself I will never weigh 200lbs again. So I have got to do something. I am looking for friends that will help encourage and hopefully I can return that motivation. Thanks so much in advance !!! Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving and a beautiful day today.
  • danan01
    danan01 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Good morning and Happy Monday! I haven't checked in for a while. I was on vacation for a week-didn't go anywhere just off of work. So I wasn't by a computer and the phone app is hard enough just to log food. But-I'm back at it today! I am happy that after a week of no routines, lots of yummy food and way too many drinks that I am only two lbs. up from where I was. That is a whole lot better that what it could have been, and I can get that back on track pretty quickly! My knee is feeling a whole lot better so I am at least able to get some walking in now. It's a new week and I will get back on track! Hope everyone has a great day!
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,213 Member
    Options
    Here I go again - starting over for the 100th time! We were at my sons over thanksgiving, and my weight is really up. So its back to low carb, no sugar eating!
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,213 Member
    Options
    domsav4 wrote: »
    Help! Well about me, I was 321lbs and had RNY gastric bypass in 11/2011 and at my lowest weight I was 175. Well I feel myself not fitting into my clothes and feeling miserable. I weighed myself this am and I am up to a whopping 195 and I feel so ashamed and like I have failed. I am a single mom and have been for quite sometime and I am just so frustrated with everything. I need to get back on track and I always told myself I will never weigh 200lbs again. So I have got to do something. I am looking for friends that will help encourage and hopefully I can return that motivation. Thanks so much in advance !!! Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving and a beautiful day today.

You can do this!! And never be ashamed - I am learning this is part of life. I know I have a sugar addiction. Many people say it is not a addiction, but I believe it is. If I can stay away from sugar, and even carbs, I am so much more in control.
  • Darklords
    Darklords Posts: 3,175 Member
    Options
    zenjen13 wrote: »
    I love the idea of this group! My name is Jen, I'm 40 and want to look and feel like myself again! The weight crept on slowly over the last 8 years and I want it gone!

welcome to the group :)

Hi Jen nice to me you, welcome to the group
  • lesliewynn14
    lesliewynn14 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Perseverance and self-discipline every single day. Little by little I will meet my goal and be the best version on me that I can be.
  • Mrsrobinsoncl
    Mrsrobinsoncl Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Spent the last week with very little exercise and wating more than normal, happily I was up less than a pound today. Back on track this week!! We have two birthday dinners and two Thanksgiving dinners last week, all in all I was happy that I didnt have a huge gain today. I'm hoping to get a run in outside today, but it snowed last night and is still icy! I'll have to wait and see if the sun melts the roads or if Im hitting the rec center this afternoon.
  • LoveOrganicLife
    LoveOrganicLife Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday everyone! I was on vacation for the past week enjoying Thanksgiving with the family so I have not checked in since I was sitting at the airport waiting to leave. I have had a chance to catch up on the posts and want to welcome all of the people who have joined and also say way to go to all of you who have been sticking with it or getting back to it after the holiday!

I did not track my food as meticulously as I have been, but I am proud that I did not over indulge in goodies as I typically do during family gatherings. To prepare for Thanksgiving my fiancé and I made a paleo dressing, smashed cauliflower, and a healthier gravy so that we had better options available. I still had a small bit of my grandmothers dressing and tried a tablespoon worth of cheesy potatoes my cousin made, but other than that I felt pretty good about Thanksgiving... especially since I didn't have that full/tired feeling after eating. We also started the morning off with a 5k turkey trot. In total I got 20,674 steps for the day, which I was pretty proud of.

The days leading up to Thanksgiving were not to bad either since my fiancé and I decided that meal planning was in our best interest. We had a few wedding errands to run while in town and needed finish up our Christmas list. The days after Thanksgiving are where things started to go awry. The entire family was in town so there was lots of wine and dinning out. I did however try to order the best option I found available, but didn't feel I was able to track my calories as accurately as I would have liked.

I started my Monday with a protein shake and athletic greens since I have not had a chance to go to the store since I got back and have already meal planned for the week. As a collective whole I am proud that I did better than I ever have during a holiday home, and hope that my efforts are reflected come weigh in on Friday.
  • lcnoel13
    lcnoel13 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to get back on track! Not sure if I had any Thanksgiving gain but I will check my weight on Saturday. Fingers crossed and smart decisions until then!!
  • ShyCush6
    ShyCush6 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    zenjen13 wrote: »
    I love the idea of this group! My name is Jen, I'm 40 and want to look and feel like myself again! The weight crept on slowly over the last 8 years and I want it gone!

Awesome Jen! Let's get rid of it!!