Motivation, Success and Frustration Sharing!

Options

Replies

• HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    @gymprincess1234 Have you started your term in Canada yet? I think I remember reading that before I left. Lol
  • gymprincess1234
    gymprincess1234 Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    @HGSmith0920 Yes, I've actually done 1/3 of the semester in Vancouver already! Time flies, I'm moving to England in 3 months already. Will go back to my old gym where I started weightloss, so Canada phase is purely to get in better shape than I left! :#
  • HGSmith0920
    Options
    @gymprincess1234 I'm sure you'll do it! Are you enjoying Vancouver? I live on the other side of the country(East coast) but I have a few friends that live out there. They say that it's usually raining. Lol. I bet you are excited to go back to England though! I wish I had been able to travel while I was in college. But such is life. Lol.
  • HGSmith0920
    Options
    @Evamutt Thank you for the wonderful welcome back! I thought all of you a lot too. I just couldnt bring myself to sign on and get back into the swing of things. It wasnt until I started to get on my upswing that I found the courage and motivation to do it! I'm so sorry you've been so sick. My DH has been sick most of January as well. I had a short bout of Strep Throat and have a pinched nerve in my neck but other than that I've been okay. I'm glad to hear that you are startingt to feel better! I hope by the beginning of February you'll get to tell us that you've gone back to your life! Lol
  • gymprincess1234
    Options
    @HGSmith0920 Yes, it's raining almost 24/7 sadly. It was not my initial plan to come here, life just happened, but my business school is one of the top in the world, I had never been outside of Europe, so all the skyscrapers, ocean and mountains are definitely something new. I appreciate having the chance to be here, but I'm too European for this side of the world, I miss the oldness of Europe haha
    I will go to Seattle and maybe Portland later in the spring, and on Canadian side to Whistler and some other mountains or maybe a lake.
  • HGSmith0920
    Options
    @gymprincess1234 That's awesome! I've never been off the Northern Hemisphere. I went to the Canadian side of Niagra Falls when I was like 10, and I've been to a few islands in the Carribean. And the farthest West I've been was to New Mexico in the US. But I love mountains. I am a huge fan of backpacking and just being in the wilderness. In fact my home is in the middle of a forest on a long dirt road driveway. It's kind of like I get to get away from the world when I come home. I've never been a big fan of cities. My brother lives in Philadelphia and absolutely loves it. I hate visiting him. Lol.

• gymprincess1234
    Options
    All those places sound amazing to me! Canada and USA marks 20 countries visited for me, but Europe is so small that it feels like one big country in itself :smiley:

Bringing this back to health, I was so shocked at the size of food here and in USA. Ice cream in 2-5l buckets :o I can't even find a pack of crisps smaller than 200g here lol
  • HGSmith0920
    Options
    Yeah. We are known for HUGE sized portions. Most experts say to only eat half a meal and save rest for lunch the next day(if you're eating out). If not, you have really measure what you're eating. I love my little kitchen scale. It helps so much to cut down on the guessing! But I do buy some things in bulk. Like meat and things because I can always freeze it for later. I swear half of my freezer is just meat. Lol
  • HGSmith0920
    Options
    I also divvy out snacks into portion size bags for me and my DH so that we have single servings of things to grab and snack on. It stops the risk of eating an entire huge bag of chips or popcorn. Lol. And I buy real fruit single-serve frozen bars so that it cuts down on the calories and gives me that frozen feeling I want and they come in all sorts of flavors so that's really nice too. And I my measuring cups. They help to divvy out portion size as well.
  • gymprincess1234
    Options
    In Europe I was used to all the nutrition information given for 100g not portion sizes/2 cookies/cup of popcorn. At first I felt catfished by the packaging :D
    I live alone so buying in bulk could be dangerous to have so much food around, or if not freezable, it would go out of date, cause there's just not that much you can eat with 1329kcal allowance
  • HGSmith0920
    Options
    That's true. It's just me and my DH here, but I usually use my crock a few times a week so we use the meat and things pretty quickly. I usually have the leftovers from the crock for lunch the next day with a salad and the DH really likes to eat so he usually has two large servings of whatever I make. Lol. I've been good the last few days about sticking to my calorie limit. I think it's because I'm not used to eating like I used to. When I was on my break I would only usually eat one big meal and one small one and I would be fine, so I think I still have that state of mind, but I have been forcing myself to have a package of oatmeal in the morning. Lol
  • gymprincess1234
    Options
    Yeah, it's odd how sometimes your body is constantly hungry, but now mine is leaning towards what you're describing, eating 1-2 times a day is ok.
    I only ate lunch today so far. Taking today as a 'me day' , so far only painted nails and skyped family, but was thinking to go to a store to get a walk in and get something delicious, but I literally crave just water. Think my hunger level goes hand in hand with mood. Feeling a bit numb today mentally, so maybe that's why
  • HGSmith0920
    Options
    I get the whole numb feeling. I pretty much felt that way for 4 months. I started taking my medication again and just the fact that I've started again has seemed to give me a new breath of life. I won't really feel the effects of the meds for at least another month but I feel great now. I'm trying to get all of my house cleaning done now in case I lose my burst of energy. But so far it's been great! I hope that you start to feel better again soon. It stinks being in that place.
    I am always drinking water. I drink at least 64oz, usually a lot more than that. It started when I quit smoking two years ago. One of the quit methods is to drink ice cold water whenever you have a craving so I did that a lot and never stopped. Lol. But at least I know I'm always well hydrated.
  • gymprincess1234
    Options
    Took the walk and ate frozen mango and a couple of chocolate chip cookies. Going to gym again later, just to warm up, this weight loss is so bloody freezing! I like that it's a signal that the process is happening, but damn it's +26 in my room and I'm in knitted socks and wrapped in a blanket shivering!
  • HGSmith0920
    Options
    Yeah, that's what the weather in the North country is like. It's pretty cold here on the East Coast as well. I think I'm actually going to hit the gym this weekend for the first time in a really long time. I have a full day tomorrow and it's supposed to rain on Sunday so I probably won't go for a walk, but I figure I can walk at the gym and maybe do some circuit training. I'm actually excited to get back into walking. I really enjoy it. I just wish the weather would cooperate. Lol. It's been below freezing most of the time here, except a few random days when it's in the 50's. And it's making everyone sick because it's been so totally random! Lol. I hope you are able to warm up! Get a heated blanket. That's what we did. On the really cold nights, we curl up under that and end up getting too hot. Lol.
  • gymprincess1234
    Options
    Oh, sorry, I wasn't talking weather wise, but the coldness you get when losing weight, having less 'insulation'. It's actually not that cold here, about +5.
  • HGSmith0920
    Options
    Oh! I didnt realize. Lol. I dont think I've gotten to that stage yet. I'm usually cold by nature so I guess that could be why. I probably dont notice if I'm colder then normal. Lol.
  • HGSmith0920
    Options
    So I just weighed myself for the first time in 3 days! And I've lost two lbs! It might have been a fluke but it means that I only have 1 more lb to go before I reach my first goal weight! I'm so excited! It feels so good to have finally reached that goal! I've lost almost 30 lbs since I started this journey last year! I'm just so happy!
  • gymprincess1234
    Options
    @HGSmith0920 Congratulations, that is an amazing result! :)

For me it's day 3 of week 3 (as I was stagnating for 6 months, saying I've been doing this for 1y2months sounds silly, so I call January 10 2018 the second start )
    I don't have a scale, but measuring tape says I'm almost where I left off, so about -50,5pounds. Which is exciting, because every cm I lose from now, will be something totally new. This is the smallest I've been in my adult life. When I was 16, I was 8,8pounds lighter, but I didn't had hips and bum then, and I was good 4cm shorter.
  • HGSmith0920
    Options
    @gymprincess1234 When I was a teenager I barely weighed 100lbs. I was a total beanpole and didn't have any curves at all! I met my husband when I was 23 and put on 40lbs and then I quit smoking 2 years ago and put on another 45lb. I was a sugar maniac! I ended up at 185lbs but now I am back down to 156. I'm counting January as a second start as well since I was gone for almost 4 months.