Motivation, Success and Frustration Sharing!

Options

Replies

• Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    @HGSmith0920 I'm glad to hear you've been able to reconnect with your old friends recently! I typically wake up around 5 or 6am too. I almost like being up that early since everything is so quiet :)

@gymprincess1234 Does your graduate school have mental health resources? I used mine back in grad school and it helped immensely.

I was proud of myself. Even though I didn't feel like it, I made it to class last night and got a new squat and overhead press PR! I even had enough energy when I got home to put away all of my laundry, which was a weight off my shoulders.

This morning is a different story. Almost everything that is irritating that could have happened did happen this morning at work. I feel like I need an adult time out. Thank goodness tonight is dance class so I can dance it out.

• gymprincess1234
    gymprincess1234 Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    It could be seasonal, but that's not likely, cause I've lived the majority of my life in area with 9 grey/cold/snovy months and I take extra vitamin D . I think my background sadness is caused by actual circumstances, my own failures, un-fulfillment , and awareness that different choices would have landed me in a place where I would be happy like I was last year. It's like I'm grieving the life I am not having right now, but so clearly imagined
    I'm getting better though.

Anyways, morning !

Today is sunny! I'm one day from the weekend and today marks 3 weeks of religious tracking, sticking to a deficit and gym going. :) Very happy about that!
  • gymprincess1234
    Options
    @Rachel0778 There is, but I want to work on it by myself. As you said, you dance it off, for me today a skype session with family did it, and then I cooked myself sweet potatoe with Tikka massala and watched Will Smith's instagram stories - boy, that man is the therapist I didn't knew I needed! If you got Insta, check it out, he spoke about the tendency to treat ourselves as the victims, but we should focus on our responsibility to do better. :)
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,376 Member
    Options
    I love reading your posts. HGSmith, it's so great you reconnecting with old friends. I'm glad you're doing so well, gymprimcess. I'm in "limbo" right now.I'm sure we've all been there at one time or another, I know I have. Since I've been off "my schedule" for over a month, I'm not very sure what I should be getting into. Maybe there's something new for me, I don't know. I used to relate when ppl talked about working out, but I'm barely getting back to it. Yesterday I was feeling better so went to gym for a while then decided to go back to hiit class that I loved so much & just go at my own pace as the trainer said to do. So I went into the class as it was switching out & noticed all the 5 warm ups were ones you do putting pressure on your wrists, which I don't want to do (tendonitis) like burpees & climbers, so I left before anyone noticed. I did go on the eliptical for 8min! I know that doesn't sound like much, but that's one movement that has always been hard for me
  • gymprincess1234
    Options
    Ohh, I know what you mean, the limbo is hard and not knowing what strategy to use too. I for instance really felt like I'll never get back to logging cause that made me mental. Took a month off and I am effortlessly doing it again.
    Elliptical is my current fave, cause all the bikes at my gym are broken sadly, and I don't have appropriate clothing to run in the rain. 9 min is still something! And I hate burpees too! Keep your head up, you will figure things out, I'm sure :)
  • HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    @Evamutt I absolutely despise burpees as well! I hear ya about the elliptical. I'm just terrible at it. I dont really have the coordination for it. Lol. I'm lucky if I last 5 minutes. Lol. I love using the treadmills and setting it to one of the "workouts", usually one of the interval ones. I love walking so that helps too. Lol. I hope you can start setting up a new routine. I know how hard it is. Last night, after dinner, I was so tempted to just pile the dishes in the sink and just leave them but I knew that if I did that I would be so upset with myself because recently I've been getting a great feeling of accomplishment whenever I go to bed with an empty sink. So I pushed through and did them and it felt great waking up this morning and not seeing anything in my sink! Lol. I know it's such a small thing but many small victories add up to large victories. Lol.

I hope everyone has a good day today!
  • Rachel0778
    Options
    @gymprincess1234 I'm glad to hear you have access to resources if it does ever get to feel like too much to handle :)

@Evamutt I think going to the gym and doing a workout that you find challenging is a fantastic accomplishment, way to go!

@HGSmith0920 Great job pushing through and getting the dishes done, having a clean kitchen always feels amazing!

Happy Thursday! I'm glad we are inching closer to the weekend. My SO accidentally woke me up around 5:15am this morning, so I decided to just get up and do Crossfit. It felt good to get it done before work so now I don't have to worry about it this evening. Tonight I've got my volunteer shift at the rescue and then I've got a friend coming over for a glass of wine :) I don't know what was in the air yesterday but I had 4 different friends reach out to make plans! I swear when it rains it pours, my February is starting to look VERY busy. Luckily I set aside Sunday as a "me" day. Everyone else will be watching football, so I can chill out and read a book with my dogs in peace.
  • gymprincess1234
    Options
    Good afternoon!

Week 4 day 1, yass! And it's the wekend for me already :smile: Did such a good circuit workout yesterday, that today my abs hurt even walking! :D
  • Rachel0778
    Options
    HAPPY FRIDAY!!!!!

Got up early this morning to get the house straightened up and to fit a workout in. My shoulders are SORE from Wednesday and Thursday so I focused more on plyometrics today. Today started out a little rough already, I forgot my coffee at home :( I have no motivation to work today but I'll have to power through since we have a lot to accomplish. Thank goodness it's the weekend tomorrow. I'm also looking forward to reconnecting with my SO. He's been so crabby and distant after work it's hard to feel connected during the week. Luckily we set aside Saturday for a date day!
  • HGSmith0920
    Options
    Rachel0778 wrote: »
    HAPPY FRIDAY!!!!!

Got up early this morning to get the house straightened up and to fit a workout in. My shoulders are SORE from Wednesday and Thursday so I focused more on plyometrics today. Today started out a little rough already, I forgot my coffee at home :( I have no motivation to work today but I'll have to power through since we have a lot to accomplish. Thank goodness it's the weekend tomorrow. I'm also looking forward to reconnecting with my SO. He's been so crabby and distant after work it's hard to feel connected during the week. Luckily we set aside Saturday for a date day!

Good for you for pushing through! I didnt drink the second half of my coffee because I had to run out of the house to get to the store when it opened so it was cold when I got home. I'm trying really hard not to stop and get a cup from the store while I'm out. It would just be a bad idea. Lol.

What are plyometrics?

• gymprincess1234
    Options
    I don't drink coffee at all, think I have had max 3 lattes in my life and those where last resort situations when I was passing out on a layover flight. Don't like the smell, taste or the heart racing.

Morning!
    Week 4 day 2! Love the weekend, can sleep in and don't have to eat breakfast just cause of class. So my first meal is usually around 12:00 and I eat way less on the weekend :)
  • HGSmith0920
    Options
    @gymprincess1234 I used to be a really bad coffee addict. When I was working overnights two years ago I would drink about 64oz a night, sometimes more than that. I was smoking cigarettes back then too and for some reason I would drink a huge cup of coffee at every smoke break. It was just insane. I came off the midnight shift later that year I cut down to about 4 cups a day and now I'm lucky if I get two cups because I usually dont finish the ones I start I dont often stop for it anymore either.

I tend to forget to eat breakfast or eat it really late on the nights my DH closes his store and gets home after 10. I didn't eat breakfast for so long that a lot of times I just dont think about it. Lol. Although, I find that I'm less likely to gorge if I do eat breakfast.
  • Evamutt
    Options
    gymprincess, I went back to my old habit of not eating breakfast. I'm just not into food before noon, but I too have more calories left to eat that way. Last night I went to the first meeting of a ladies life group. I didn't know anyone. a few mentioned that they walk early in the morning & I said I've been walking a lot more since hubby's been working on my car & so can't take dogs to dog park. The hostess said to me "no wonder you're so skinny, walking so much" skinny?? me?? I don't feel skinny at all! Do any of you feel that way?
  • gymprincess1234
    Options
    No, not at all, but I probably never will, because I have hourglass figure, that just doesn't go together with skinny, not that I would ever want to hear that anyways. One friend calls me that sometimes, and it makes my shiver, it reminds me of those early 2000 beauty standards when skin and bones was the beauty standard (at least in Europe).
    I would rather be called fit or slim. I'm still 18pounds away from that though :D I get called curvy by men, which I never know how to interpret, do they mean fat or just that I'm hourglass? haha

Just did 40min cardio, cause I felt like it. The best workouts are always those you just want to do, not that you have to. Still have 430kcal to eat, but don't think I want that much. Will just eat lettuce with salad sauce.

This month I've been obsessed with shopping, which I hadn't done in like 6 months! It's like I'm getting closer to this new body and want to cover it in lace and new gym gear :D Got so much new lingerie haha

• Evamutt
    Options
    This morning I took my big guy(dog)Grizzly out on bike. Been doing that more. This time he ran, I had to peddle fast to keep up with him. I'm glad. I wasn't sure how much he liked to exercise since he's a medium energy dog. I'm going to be doing that a lot more often. Today is grocery shopping day. My dtr has started her wt loss since baby is 7mo old now. She's doing mfp & this app called Mealime. I got it too. You pick out meals(30min or less) & it gives you shopping list & instructions. My & hubby picked the low carb catagory & picked out 4 meals to make. Other than that I'm into eating that Basa fish with veggies so I'll let ya'll know how some of the meals came out. Have a great week end everyone
  • gymprincess1234
    Options
    @Evamutt Basa fish is so unhealthy for you, it can be very dangerous, please don't eat it!
  • gymprincess1234
    Options
    Morning!
    Actually afternoon already, gotta love the weekend. This is probably the latest breakfast this year, but love it, cause it's like a guarantee that I won't go even a little bit into my 500kcal deficit, but rather make it bigger! :)
  • HGSmith0920
    Options
    Afternoon all!

Had a very long day today! Spent 8 hours at my Godmommy's new apartment cleaning, organizing and condensing. I am pooped! Lol. I skipped breakfast because I had two cups of coffee and was full. Not very healthy but it worked. Ate a relatively healthy lunch and burned a WHOLE lot of calories cleaning. Lol. So I will have a large deficit tonight. Even if I wanted to have something incredibly bad for me, it definitely wouldn't put me over. Lol. I am definitely going to sleep well tonight!

I hope everyone has a great night tonight!
  • gymprincess1234
    Options
    Man, I'm so craving crisps and some ice cream today, not physically hungry, but it's a comfort food. Really bad habit to give myself treats like a dog. I'm trying to switch that up for online shopping, cause that does more financial damage, but at least nothing to my waistline or my skin.
  • Evamutt
    Options
    How can it be dangerous, gymprincess? I've never heard that before. We do eat it sometime but not regularly