Motivation, Success and Frustration Sharing!

Options

Replies

• gymprincess1234
    gymprincess1234 Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Seems like we have quite a few similarities even though our lives are completely different :) I'm optimistic, I'm sure we will blossom this spring and achieve everything we set our mind to!
  • HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    @gymprincess1234 Definitely! I completely agree! I can't wait for spring so I can start walking outside again!

I ended up with two extra hours in my schedule today so I decided to go to the gym and get my walk on! I did 40 minutes with random incline intervals. I ended up using my tablet to hide the stats on the screen because I've found that if I can see them then all I think about is how long until I can stop. It was really good. Worked up a nice sweat! Lol.

I hope everyone is having a great day! Mine has been!
  • gymprincess1234
    Options
    It's very quiet here this past week, where is everyone? Not losing weight anymore?

I did 30min cross-trainer cardio earlier, now would love to do some strength training, but already washed my hair and just taking too many showers a day is not good :D It's pitch black outside, so a walk is not an option,hmm. I'm feeling too motivated right now, want to exercise and lose weight and build muscle faster, need to calm myself down haha
  • HGSmith0920
    Options
    It has been pretty quiet this week. Maybe next week there will be more activity.

Can you look for a video on YouTube? That's what I do. I do a yoga video every morning and then sometimes I'll do a kettlebell work out that I found. If I take more than one shower a day my skin dries out really bad so I have to time when I take mine. Lol.
  • HGSmith0920
    Options
    I hope everyone has a great start to their week! Keep up the good work everyone!
  • Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    @Evamutt Sorry to hear the respiratory thing is hanging on :( I hope you have a quick recovery and can get back out and about soon

@HGSmith0920 Sorry to hear you've been battling illness as well, tis the season!

@gymprincess1234 Congrats on being half way done with the term already!

I would say happy Monday, but honestly I mostly just feel like it sucks that the weekend is over :( My MIL came to stay and I ended up sending her and my SO out of the house for 3 hours on Saturday so that I could take a 2 hour nap, I was seriously so exhausted and crabby. Does anyone else have a hard time with people in their space? I also ate my feelings this weekend. I can tell I'm not getting enough down time because I start eating to try to self soothe which isn't good :(
  • HGSmith0920
    Options
    Rachel0778 wrote: »
    @Evamutt Sorry to hear the respiratory thing is hanging on :( I hope you have a quick recovery and can get back out and about soon

@HGSmith0920 Sorry to hear you've been battling illness as well, tis the season!

@gymprincess1234 Congrats on being half way done with the term already!

I would say happy Monday, but honestly I mostly just feel like it sucks that the weekend is over :( My MIL came to stay and I ended up sending her and my SO out of the house for 3 hours on Saturday so that I could take a 2 hour nap, I was seriously so exhausted and crabby. Does anyone else have a hard time with people in their space? I also ate my feelings this weekend. I can tell I'm not getting enough down time because I start eating to try to self soothe which isn't good :(

I'm like that too. We live in such a small space that when there are more than two people here it feels super crowded. I also am not a fan of having to entertain people and my husbands family drive me completely crazy. Lol
  • gymprincess1234
    Options
    I can't have people in my personal space for long too, but even more I need me time, it used to be 1 day a week when I had 'me time', just cutting everyone out, now at least 2. I'm such an introvert , people drain my energy.

Morning!

Battled with insomnia last night, so feeling very tired and grumpy, but it's day 5 of week 3, I have almost made it to the end of another one! So chuffed with myself! Ordered a new gym outfit yesterday and booked my spring break in USA, will do a hike in my new costume!
    I'm getting better mentally, I can feel it!

• SweatsOnSunday
    SweatsOnSunday Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    ^^ That's a great post. I can feel your energy from here!
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,426 Member
    Options
    I don't like anyone staying at our small 2 bedroom, 1 bath house either. When my dtr & her 3 kids & 2 little dogs come to visit,(I love them very much) they usually stay here, but sometime she stays with her brother or father in law, who have a large house. When theyre here, they sleep in the living room or I sleep on my air mattress in the living room & give them my room, but everyon'e things are all over. I can't believe we raised our 4 kids(&5 big dogs) in this house. Since it's me & hubby, I've gotten spoiled & used to our space. I'm an introvert too & ppl do wear me out, even ppl I love. I'm feeling better today. Walked for 3 miles this morning with 2 sets of dogs. Just finished eating so I'm going to the gym & do a lite work out, maybe go in the pool...it's heated. Other than HAVING to drive, like work & bible study, I'm not going anywhere, like, to visit my friend till payday. Our truck uses a lot of gas & husband is still working on my car to get it to pass smog.
  • gymprincess1234
    Options
    Wasn't planning to go to gym today, but probably will do, cause have quite a lot of course work. On days like this, as my house gym is open till midnight, it's the best feeling to finish assignments late and still do something for myself afterwards, to finish the day with something I chose to do. (Obviously I chose to do my degree, but assignments are mandatory and not fun haha)
  • HGSmith0920
    Options
    @gymprincess1234 My night is pretty much over now as well. Dinner has been made and the dishes are done. There's no hockey on so pretty much the only thing I could do is watch my DH play video games. Lol. So I figured since I'm feeling more alert then I did earlier I'll go as well! I hope you are having a fun time!
  • gymprincess1234
    Options
    I take my words back, that lack of sleep last night, I'm passing out already! So no gym. Haven't even eaten all my calories yet! Did go for a walk though. Just trying to finish up assignments so I can have a face mask and a hot shower and sleep!
    Can't believe 2 days and I'll be at 3 weeks :) This went so, so fast! It's amazing what the 'click' in your head does!
  • Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    @HGSmith0920 Love the new profile picture, cute photo of you and the husband!

@Evamutt Sleeping on air mattresses is THE WORST! Sorry to hear finances are so tight right now, I hope your husband is able to get that car fixed up

@gymprincess1234 Your evening after homework sounds very relaxing!

Happy Tuesday! I woke up early this morning to get some yoga in before work which felt amazing. Last night was Watson's first training class and he was on his best behavior, which was almost frustrating since it's hard to work on behaviors if he's not doing them lol. He had a good time though and we stayed after so he could play with the pit bull puppy. They had a good time, but my other dog was SOOOOOO jealous! Tonight I'm heading to Crossfit for one last day of testing week. Hopefully after I'll have enough energy to deal with the laundry that has piled up in my house!
  • HGSmith0920
    Options
    @Rachel0778 Thank you! It's the most recent I have from about 3 weeks ago. You do so much in a day. It's amazing! I would love to have a dog but between the tiny house and the alpha cat, it probably wouldn't work. At least not until we move into a bigger house. Lol.

So I ended up going to the library with one of my best friends that I just reconnected with about a month ago. It was awesome. She brought her three-year-old son with her and he's a really cute kid who was a ball of energy. Lol. We're going to turn this into a weekly thing. Maybe try for a park next week. And I am dragging my DH next time because she has never met him. Lol. And next month I am meeting up with the rest of the crew that I haven't seen in years. They live in PA about 4 hours away. So that will be fun. One of them I haven't seen in probably 4 years and the other I haven't seen in probably 8. So it will be so much fun. We've all grown up so much but our friendship is just as they've always been. It's been awesome catching up with them!

Anyway, now I have a full schedule today and a sick husband who is still asleep and it's almost noon. Lol. Have a great day everyone!
  • gymprincess1234
    Options
    Hello!
    I'm soo tired this week! Probably lacking in iron, need to eat some meat!
    It's day 6 of week 3, omg, I'm almost there! As last year, it is going very easy, once I set my mind, the only issue is my impatience. :D So cool to see my body get leaner day by day, cellulite is not as heavy and I don't need to contour my face haha
  • HGSmith0920
    Options
    Hello!
    I'm soo tired this week! Probably lacking in iron, need to eat some meat!
    It's day 6 of week 3, omg, I'm almost there! As last year, it is going very easy, once I set my mind, the only issue is my impatience. :D So cool to see my body get leaner day by day, cellulite is not as heavy and I don't need to contour my face haha

Awesome! That's great to hear how far you've come! I think I have an iron deficiency as well and a few people told me that spinach is really high in iron. So I've been eating it for the last two days. I dont know if it's been helping but I was really active at the gym today. Lol
  • gymprincess1234
    Options
    Did 40min of cardio tonight, didn't feel like it physically, but needed it mentally. Helped just a little bit, can't get that much endorphins anymore. When I started, I would literally be like on drugs, so happy. The less extra weight I have, the less endorphins I get. :| Does anyone felt the same? Or maybe it is cause the weight is not melting away anymore, it takes more time and effort.

Wish this depression/numbness/sadness, whatever it is, would go away. I know my reasons, can't change anything about them for now, but can't seem to change my attitude to get back to more happy days.
  • HGSmith0920
    Options
    Did 40min of cardio tonight, didn't feel like it physically, but needed it mentally. Helped just a little bit, can't get that much endorphins anymore. When I started, I would literally be like on drugs, so happy. The less extra weight I have, the less endorphins I get. :| Does anyone felt the same? Or maybe it is cause the weight is not melting away anymore, it takes more time and effort.

Wish this depression/numbness/sadness, whatever it is, would go away. I know my reasons, can't change anything about them for now, but can't seem to change my attitude to get back to more happy days.

I know what you mean about the depression. That's why I decided to go back on my medication. My chemicals get so unbalanced that I can't really change my attitude to make myself feel better. I'm not suggesting medication, but it's what works for me. If you can do it through a change like that, do it! Do you suffer from SAD? I know a lot of people get depressed in the winter because of the lack of sunlight and cruddy weather. I hope you feel better soon!
  • HGSmith0920
    Options
    Got up before the alarm again. Lol. Not at 5 am this time. More like 6 am. So not as bad. Lol. The DH is snoring away in the bedroom, at least for another half an hour. Wow. I just realized I forgot to take my medication last night. Lol. It's been so long since I've taken them consistently that sometimes I forget. At least I remembered so I can take them now. Lol. But I am ready to tackle the day! I hope everyone has a great day!