Motivation, Success and Frustration Sharing!

Options

Replies

• gymprincess1234
    gymprincess1234 Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Hi guys! I am so happy! My work apparently unblocked this website. I have been diligently reading your posts every day, but it is SUCH a pain to type in long responses on the mobile app. Plus, the "done" button at the top right always gets me; I'll press that instead of "post reply" and then my response disappears.

Anyway, I have been doing pretty good. My nutrition has been on-point, outside of this last weekend. I hit an all-time low weight today. I really need gym motivation, though. I've planned out my workouts monthly, I'm switching things up, but I just can't get myself to go workout sometimes. It's been a week since I've been to the gym. I am planning on going tomorrow. Taking too long of a break like I have makes it really hard to go back.

I did get a second job as a server, and I work 3 nights a week. That has been a nice way to keep active without trying too hard. I do eat there at times, but I stick to healthy salads (and I have the dressing's nutritional information, so that helps) or chili, and I usually overestimate the calories in those. It makes life easier to eat there, plus I get half off.

I'm glad to see that you're all doing well! I will definitely be more active now that I can get online at work with an actual computer.

Congrats on the all time low, that is an amazing feeling ! :)
  • gymprincess1234
    Options
    I just made the most delicious lunch - a pita bread wrap with light hummus, chicken slices and lettuce. Came down to 400kcal and rating 'B' (I don't actually use MFP, but Lifesum app ) :)
  • SusanDSME
    SusanDSME Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Hi all- I haven't been around the forums much lately- though I've been logging and doing my best to 'behave.' I'm quite frustrated right now- I'd been losing 8/10ths to 1 lb a week, exercising, and staying in deficit. Then this weekend, when I weighed myself, I'd gained 8/10ths. Yesterday, it was up to a pound.

I'm so discouraged. I guess the only thing to blame is that I've had a harder time getting really good exercise- it's too cold & icy to run, and I missed my stepaerobics class a couple of times in the last couple of weeks, and most of my exercise is on a recumbent exercise bike (which just doesn't work me very hard). I'm starting to feel like my success so far is just a mirage, and I'll just keep gaining. I know, I'm catastrophizing, but I just feel rotten.
  • gymprincess1234
    Options
    Welcome back Susan! Maybe there is an explanation for the gain - PMS, water retention, high sodium?

It's PMS hunger games today for me! Horrible, I'm full and well aware that I don't need more kcal, I'm already at maintenance today, but the hunger won't go away! Been distracting myself by doing course work and will go to gym later. Hopefully I'll be very tired and hitting the sack straight after!
  • HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    @gymprincess1234 I gained a few lbs when I was PMSing last week. I was pretty discouraged until I realized what it probably was. Lol. I think I retained some water yesterday into today because when I stepped on the scale this morning I was back up to where I was last week. I've been working out pretty hard and not eating back my exercise calories. I'm doing the JUST GIVE ME 10 DAYS challenge so I'll see where I am tomorrow.

Have a great night everyone! Talk to you tomorrow!
  • gymprincess1234
    Options
    That's so sad actually for females, because you PMS bloat for a week and at least for me it takes the whole period time +2-3 days to get the bloat off, so at the end I have only 2 weeks of looking and feeling lean. The only time I never got bloated was when I did about 7 spin classes a week, I was sweating the bloat out straight away. In no other cardio or HIIT workout I can get the same effect.

I'm mad about shopping these days, probably cause I had to donate most of my autumn/winter wardrobe to charity, and now the weight is shifting again, I feel like new me deserves a new image as well. Ordered this gorgeous faux suede jacket from ZARA. Funny how your style changes when you lose weight, I used to be very girly and conservative, now I'm either femme fatale in bodycon dresses or edgy ripped jeans and leather jackets. :D
  • Mahamatics
    Mahamatics Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    ShyCush6 wrote: »
    Hi! I've been a member here for a while, I dropped out for a bit and now am motivated to get back into the action. Recently joined a gym and I'm working at this. My best success was a group of people who shared almost daily and motivated and pushed each other. We shared struggles, success and just overall frustration and joy! I'm looking to find those core people again. Create friendship and get to a healthy lifestyle! I plan on checking in daily, I'm bad on the weekends, but I will try harder. Please share in this group if you are looking for a core group to help you get to where you want to be. I don't care if you have 20 or 100 lbs to lose, I promise to be a good cheerleader! =)
    Hi! I've been a member here for a while, I dropped out for a bit and now am motivated to get back into the action. Recently joined a gym and I'm working at this. My best success was a group of people who shared almost daily and motivated and pushed each other. We shared struggles, success and just overall frustration and joy! I'm looking to find those core people again. Create friendship and get to a healthy lifestyle! I plan on checking in daily, I'm bad on the weekends, but I will try harder. Please share in this group if you are looking for a core group to help you get to where you want to be. I don't care if you have 20 or 100 lbs to lose, I promise to be a good cheerleader! =)

• Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    Welcome back @SusanDSME and @rachelcalsbeek ! So glad to have you both back on the forum!

@SusanDSME Winter is a hard time for me too. When it's this cold I have to make a concerted effort to get out and get some activity in or it just doesn't happen

@rachelcalsbeek If my work blocked the site I'd be MIA too!

@gymprincess1234 What are your favorite dinner recipes?

@HGSmith0920 I'll be working on my doctorate in Higher Education Administration :) It sounds like you've been busy lately! It must feel nice to have a clean home :)

I had an amazing birthday yesterday. My Mom came down to celebrate with me, it felt so good to reconnect over a couple glasses of wine. Tonight after volunteering I'm having a friend come over to catch up on This is Us (no spoilers please!). Since I also met a different friend for coffee before work I won't have time to workout today, but I plan on getting up early tomorrow AM to catch a class. My shoulder soreness is mostly gone so I think I just worked them out extra hard this week.
  • HGSmith0920
    Options
    @Rachel0778 That sounds awesome! I want to get into administration. I've been an administrative assistant before and I loved it! It's funny. I love all the super mundane tasks that came with my job. I dont know why but I found it very fulfilling. Lol And having a clean home is amazing because for the longest time it was a total sty. I love being able to walk into my living room or bedroom and actually see the floor and not have to step over things. I think my most favorite thing, though, is having an empty sink and dishrack when I go to bed every night. Lol I'm glad you had a good birthday! My husbands is next month and I have no idea what to do! Lol.

So I realized today that I have been doing ab exercises my whole life. Lol. So when I was on the machines today at the gym I actually did them the way they are supposed to be done and Holy Crow do they hurt! It's so weird! Lol. It's an interesting kind of burn. Lol.
  • gymprincess1234
    edited February 2018
    Options
    @Rachel0778 Happy birthday and congrats on getting the PhD program!

I mostly eat boiled sweet potato with gravy for dinner, or thai-style vegetable and coconut milk soup. I like eating plain and the same, and then 1-2x week I get takeaway sushi, cause Asian food is amazing here.

Good morning!
    It's the last day of my work week and day 1 of week 5. Have to be honest, this week is a struggle, because of emotional and hormonal eating, insomnia and the tiredness and bloating that comes with it. Glad it's the weekend, as I said before, I eat way less on weekends and then the struggle is to even eat all my calories.
    Last weekend all 3 days I stupidly went under my calories, which my body is asking for back during university days, but like double.
    Eh, no rain no flowers, it's a part of the process. One day at a time!
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,376 Member
    Options
    found out why I'm still sick, since the beginning of January- I have pneumonia! so no exercise till I get well. The other day when I rode my bike, I felt like I was going to pass out
  • Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    @Evamutt I'm so sorry that sounds awful! I hope you have a swift recovery

Thank you @gymprincess! Your thai soup sounds amazing, nothing plain and the same about that!

@HGSmith0920 I'm a big fan of the admin side of things. I like getting into more of the decision making side of things as well as student outreach. There are so many different facets! Also, how were you previously doing ab exercises? Was it just maybe working your abs in a different way?

HAPPY FRIDAY!!!! I am seriously so excited for the weekend. I cancelled all plans tonight and don't have to go anywhere until after 4pm tomorrow so it's gearing up to be a great weekend. I've got so many books to read that they seem to just keep piling up. I'm hoping to finish one tonight and another one over the weekend. I watched the rest of This is Us last night, holy emotional rollercoaster! I love that show but it is hard to watch sometimes.
  • HGSmith0920
    Options
    @Rachel0778 I wasn't using my ab muscles at all really. I wasn't engaging my core. I would use my back and other muscles in my body to compensate for my ab muscles...does that make sense?

@Evamutt That's really sucky! I'm so sorry. Just rest and get better. Pneumonia is a tough sickness! Fell better soon!

@gymprincess1234 I tend to cycle through the same like 9-10 dinners, 4 lunches and when I do eat breakfast, 2 breakfasts. But coffee is always the constant in my life. Lol. I've cut way down on the amount of sugar I use and I'm trying to cut it out altogether. I'm trying to cut down on the amount of milk I use because milk can be a tad bit high in calories. I hate skim milk so that I cant do as a substitute. Lol

I think I've developed a new love for shopping lists! I go to two food stores on Friday and Walmart. The 1st food store and Walmart I can gage approx cost because of websites and grocery pick up. The 2nd food store doesn't have any prices online so I have to just make a list and go to the store. However, when I actually stick to my list at this store it ends up being like $20 less then I think it will be. I love it! So I'm probably going to stay right on budget! I love when that happens!
  • gymprincess1234
    Options
    Hey!

It's a 4 days weekend for me! Yey! All about getting stuff done, day trip to mountains tomorrow :) Love the lazy student lifestyle, such a luxury to have so much free time to focus on myself. Got 2,5months of this left, perfect time to get as close as possible to goal weight before work starts.

Was shopping again yesterday, I'm a sales ninja, got quick-dry running leggings and top from Old Navy, really good quality and shaping! Had never heard of that store before, guess it's American? Tried them out at a late night cardio sesh yesterday. While trying them on, noticed that my belly button in shifting shapes :D So odd, but good to see some changes, cause my legs still look horrendous. :#
  • gymprincess1234
    Options
    Rachel0778 wrote: »
    @Evamutt I'm so sorry that sounds awful! I hope you have a swift recovery

Thank you @gymprincess! Your thai soup sounds amazing, nothing plain and the same about that!

@HGSmith0920 I'm a big fan of the admin side of things. I like getting into more of the decision making side of things as well as student outreach. There are so many different facets! Also, how were you previously doing ab exercises? Was it just maybe working your abs in a different way?

HAPPY FRIDAY!!!! I am seriously so excited for the weekend. I cancelled all plans tonight and don't have to go anywhere until after 4pm tomorrow so it's gearing up to be a great weekend. I've got so many books to read that they seem to just keep piling up. I'm hoping to finish one tonight and another one over the weekend. I watched the rest of This is Us last night, holy emotional rollercoaster! I love that show but it is hard to watch sometimes.

I love This Is Us! And agree that it's a heavy one, have to pick a time and place to watch. I stopped at S02E07, cause then my depression started. Now I feel I manage it a bit better, and today is a good mood day, will try to catch up and binge watch as much as I emotionally can
  • adelinue
    adelinue Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! :D
    Is there a place for a new member? :blush:
  • gymprincess1234
    Options
    @adelinue Welcome on board!

Oh my god, I made it through 2 episodes and then the tears came like waterfalls. I can relate to all of the characters, but mostly to Kevin, and when he was there outside the window begging that woman.. Not gonna watch anymore till I'm a bit better.

Also ate at maintenance today, cause of emotional eating, definitely wasn't a good idea to watch this show again.
  • adelinue
    adelinue Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Thank you! ♥

I guess I should introduce myself; so ... hm Adelinue, obviously; a 22 y-o, 171lbs at 5f 10. I joined MFP a couple of years ago, I was 205 lbs at the time and completely miserable but was able to lose 47 lbs and get a lot more healthier, confidant and just all around happier.

I kept it up for almost two years until last Summer where I exercised less, and less, until I stopped completely. My diet was all over the place and I kept losing control of myself, again and again and ... again. I regained 13lbs from last June to this February, most of them from October actually (I actually lost 7lbs in September) and I just want it to STOP, before I regain all that weight or ... more! :anguished:

So i'm going back to my roots: Logging food everyday on MFP and working out 6 days a week. Last time I stopped my weight loss 3lbs aways from my goal weight but this time I'm gonna lose it all è.é (So, 20lbs ... :# )

Hope this time it'll stick!
    We can do this ♥♥
  • desertathletegirl
    Options
    I would like to join this group. I have 80 pounds to lose. I'm at 195 and would like to get to 115 since that is a healthy weight and BMI.
  • HGSmith0920
    Options
    Welcome @adelinue and @desertathletegirl!

So after two days of overindulgence and a rest day from the gym yesterday, I am up 1.8lbs. I know that it is probably just water retention due to salt overload but it's still really disheartening. I went from 153 to almost 159 in the course of a week and a half. I feel like a lot of my hard work went down the drain. I guess it's time to step up my game and be more committed than ever to make my goals!

Also, my interview is this afternoon! I'm a little nervous but I'm sure it will be fine. I'm very honest and extremely personable. I'm a big chatter. I can make anyone feel at ease and just talk. I've been like that my whole life! I hope that that skill helps me today. We'll see. I'll let you all know when it's over. Lol.

I hope everyone has a great day!